Hull-Daisetta vs Anderson-Shiro

Can HD pull off the win vs AS? HD beat WH 30-14(was up 24-0), AS beat WH 39-8. A win by HD helps give themselves a chance at grabbing the 4th playoff spot, at the end of the season. HD is at home, and the Bobcats looked well oiled in all three phases Friday night. HD's coaches have made some great adjustments, the players are buying into the new looks. The young Bobcats are growing up before our eyes, they could have very well just layed down this season, after the rough start, but they are fighting and getting better. AS is a big physical team, they will bring the heat, HD will have to match their intensity.

AS isn't great.  But I think Iola isn't bad.  AS gave Iola all they wanted in Iola.

I don't like comparing teams like that..but it's all I know about AS.  Having said that..I don't think they're quite as bad as HD.  AS takes this one.

Side note..congrats on last week.  I knew WH was bad but I was shocked.  I'm sure that win was good for the kids.

Really depends on what Offense HD coaches choose to run this week. They started in the right direction against WH, but didn't go full out with it. They were still very predictable and WH actually shut them out in the second half.With that being said, If they mix it up with both backs if the back field then it should be a competitive game with the slight advantage to AS. If they (HD Coaches) choose to default back to the same old junk then it will be a run-away for AS. Playing at home running the right O, HD could sneak in a win here.

Really depends on what Offense HD coaches choose to run this week. They started in the right direction against WH, but didn't go full out with it. They were still very predictable and WH actually shut them out in the second half.With that being said, If they mix it up with both backs if the back field then it should be a competitive game with the slight advantage to AS. If they (HD Coaches) choose to default back to the same old junk then it will be a run-away for AS. Playing at home running the right O, HD could sneak in a win here.

Agree, perfectly said. If HD plays the same style of offense this week(under center/power with Maughan) HD can upset AS. The key to victory, may be having the right amount of misdirection and outside plays called for Robinett. Gotta make teams fear Robinett on the outside, if they do that, Maughan runs wild up the middle. Still looking for a "true" 2 wedge type short yardage play, it could keep the chains moving and get our redzone percentage up. Also bringing a back in motion every time Maughan gets a dive play, would freeze LB's. Robinett on a jet sweep would be lethal. I was very impressed with the 2-point play calling last week..

Edited by H-D BOBCAT 55

I think that if the coaches come on here and read suggestions on what they should do with their football program..they may do the opposite just for spite.  Or...I hope they do anyway.

Everyone I know that is or has coached have spent a lot of time preparing for games.  Right or wrong..they were the ones hired to make an effort to win ball games, and they probably don't need/want any help from spectators.  Not to mention they are juggling things that most people have no clue about.  Like what happened in practice that particular week, or in class, or if a certain kid got in trouble of any kind.  You do realize that the things I just mentioned play into a coach's practice plan / game plan each week.  Especially at small schools like this one. 

Even if the spectator has coached peewee for 16 years and never misses an NFL game on tv...I'm sure the coaches want nothing to do with whatever "advice" is given.

I think that if the coaches come on here and read suggestions on what they should do with their football program..they may do the opposite just for spite.  Or...I hope they do anyway.

Everyone I know that is or has coached have spent a lot of time preparing for games.  Right or wrong..they were the ones hired to make an effort to win ball games, and they probably don't need/want any help from spectators.  Not to mention they are juggling things that most people have no clue about.  Like what happened in practice that particular week, or in class, or if a certain kid got in trouble of any kind.  You do realize that the things I just mentioned play into a coach's practice plan / game plan each week.  Especially at small schools like this one. 

Even if the spectator has coached peewee for 16 years and never misses an NFL game on tv...I'm sure the coaches want nothing to do with whatever "advice" is given.

To tell the truth I hope no coaches are  looking on here for coaching tips.....lol your just to funny Old School

Edited by DAWG

I 'm pretty sure i started with it would depend on what their choice was.Then I gave an Opinion on how i feel each of those choices, in my opinion would lead to the games final outcome. I could really care less what an HD or any other School coach decides to do as far as a game plan from reading this site. If that's what's happening now a days then HS football is in trouble. I'm always a little confused by your comments or ramblings on this site. This is a discussion board open to the public,to discuss their thoughts. So from your own statement you would rather sit on the porch and watch the grass grow then to attend and HD game. If you were at the games you would have a clear understanding of this years HD team. In this same thread you based your prediction on who beat who and AS not being as bad as HD. I based my prediction on what O the HD coaches choose to run. From actually being at the games and seeing the kids. One style has produced no results. That is a fact plain and simple regardless of it offends the Coaching staff. The other style has shown some positive results. Again not my, but their choice tonight. Whichever choice they make, i stand by prediction for each.

You state the same ole thing every time lol. We could care less if Coaches get on here or not... We are just posting to one another, having a good time. Well said DAWG. OldSchool you are not a Coach, and you are not the only person with insight on what all the Coaches put up with. FYI, if a Coach does the opposite just for spite, he has bigger issues with himself...

Edited by H-D BOBCAT 55

I 'm pretty sure i started with it would depend on what their choice was.Then I gave an Opinion on how i feel each of those choices, in my opinion would lead to the games final outcome. I could really care less what an HD or any other School coach decides to do as far as a game plan from reading this site. If that's what's happening now a days then HS football is in trouble. I'm always a little confused by your comments or ramblings on this site. This is a discussion board open to the public,to discuss their thoughts. So from your own statement you would rather sit on the porch and watch the grass grow then to attend and HD game. If you were at the games you would have a clear understanding of this years HD team. In this same thread you based your prediction on who beat who and AS not being as bad as HD. I based my prediction on what O the HD coaches choose to run. From actually being at the games and seeing the kids. One style has produced no results. That is a fact plain and simple regardless of it offends the Coaching staff. The other style has shown some positive results. Again not my, but their choice tonight. Whichever choice they make, i stand by prediction for each.

Now Gator you know Old School was once shunned in someway by good old H-D  for someone that would rather watch grass grow he sure trolls any threads we make......

Now Gator you know Old School was once shunned in someway by good old H-D  for someone that would rather watch grass grow he sure trolls any threads we make......

I make comments on every single thread on this site where I feel the presence of delusion, false information, or when there is an implication/comment made about a coach that is anything other than positive.

You think I only "troll" HD threads, but you HD fans are the only ones that get your feelings hurt about everything I post.  Therefore I keep coming back because you guys are the most fun to mess with.

Has produced results against whom?..  West Hardin.  And maybe Sabine Pass.  It was the plays they chose to run...it was the competition.  I will bet every dollar I've got and ever made...When you guys play Lovelady, it won't matter what O the HD coaches choose to run.  You could play them 10 times and run a different offense every time...same result.  Lovelady is just an example.

I make comments on every single thread on this site where I feel the presence of delusion, false information, or when there is an implication/comment made about a coach that is anything other than positive.

You think I only "troll" HD threads, but you HD fans are the only ones that get your feelings hurt about everything I post.  Therefore I keep coming back because you guys are the most fun to mess with.

Has produced results against whom?..  West Hardin.  And maybe Sabine Pass.  It was the plays they chose to run...it was the competition.  I will bet every dollar I've got and ever made...When you guys play Lovelady, it won't matter what O the HD coaches choose to run.  You could play them 10 times and run a different offense every time...same result.  Lovelady is just an example.

Hurt our feelings never we think your funny old school (a little grumpy maybe)but still funny....Yes we are fans and yes when you talk about our team we get a little grumpy that's what true fans do win or lose we stand by our team...It's no difference than any die hard fan from any sport of any level all teams have some so keep posting and we will keep talking back and forth because after all is said and done it's just a game. Hopefully these kids will learn a few of life's lessons from playing it and become true fans of a team one day.

First off, I don't remember seeing anything negative ever posted in regards to our HD Coaches. Also, I do agree it won't matter what we run against LL. Although, it is a cop out for you to say the syle of offense doesn't matter vs most teams we face. Any person with basic knowledge of football, could tell you if HD runs the same offensive style vs Hemphill, West Sabine and Colmesneil, the games would have been closer and HD would have maybe won a few of those games. It's so easy to say it doesn't matter what plays or formation yall call, it's the opponent... If you have unsure young men, young men not capable of performing in a certain system, would you not adjust, setting them up for success... HD has done that and will be more competitive, not having kids looking lost and embarrassed. HD's kids are looking confident and going full speed every play now, because they understand and believe they can perform. I tip my hats to our Coaches for having the guts to make tough decisions, to go in a different direction somewhat. I bet anything, if our Coaches could do it all over again, that pistol formation would not have ever showed up vs Hemphill in week 1... Our Coaches just recently got true evaluations of some of our top players, I guarantee some of the kids were just assigned positions, but not fully evaluated for exact fit, until recently... Thing is some of us HD folks that have known these kids their whole life, already knew what to expect from lots of these kids.

Well actually SP would be an example of single set back with no production. SP whipped HD O all night. HD's D side won that one. Again if you saw the games you would understand. As far as the rest of the District games, Cent and LL are without question the clear favorite and by all accounts should win. however there still is an expectation they can be meet by HD's fan base. come on oldschool2 you know exactly what's being meant here.