Crosby uses fourth quarter to escape with a 30-20 win at Dayton

Octfeb

Yep Crosby "escaped" with the win.. But hey a win is a win right? Congrats to the Crosby players and coaches. 

Every now and then you have to escape. Last year Crosby played 5 regular season games that were decided by a touchdown or less, this year the only team to come within single digits so far is Humble who was down 33-10 with like 5 mins left in the fourth and got 2 tds on the subs. 

I feel a lot better about "escaping" with a double digit win on the road after playing as poorly as we did versus allowing almost 500 yards and being pushed to OT like we were last year in Crosby. 

Every now and then you have to escape. Last year Crosby played 5 regular season games that were decided by a touchdown or less, this year the only team to come within single digits so far is Humble who was down 33-10 with like 5 mins left in the fourth and got 2 tds on the subs. 

I feel a lot better about "escaping" with a double digit win on the road after playing as poorly as we did versus allowing almost 500 yards and being pushed to OT like we were last year in Crosby. 

Crosby was having a hard time escaping til the fourth. Dayton was either ahead or tied until then. Starters were getting hurt in the fourth for Dayton. But it is what it is.. 

What part of Crosbys game do you feel like they played poorly?

Edited by bronco pride

Offensively.  Both picks thrown by Cotton were blown routes.  Made it two easy turnovers for Dayton.  Having #7 at running back took a lot of offense from the receivers too.  Hopefully we can get a back healthy.

Kicking coverage was another.  Dayton had 20 points but got the luxury of starting at the 50 yard line most of the time because we kicked it straight to #2 all but once.  

Thats the parts I saw done poorly.  Game should have never been that close.

Edited by Cougforever

Offensively.  Both picks thrown by Cotton were blown routes.  Made it two easy turnovers for Dayton.  Having #7 at running back took a lot of offense from the receivers too.  Hopefully we can get a back healthy.

Kicking coverage was another.  Dayton had 20 points but got the luxury of starting at the 50 yard line most of the time because we kicked it straight to #2 all but once.  

Thats the parts I saw done poorly.  Game should have never been that close.

Turnovers are part of a game. Both teams benefited from the others turnovers. I see it just the opposite of you. Dayton's 2 turnovers gave Crosby the ball inside the 35 and Crosby had a kickoff return for td. Actually not sure about the int but it did give Crosby great field position. Anyway both Dayton turnovers resulted in Crosby tds. So I guess what you call poor play I call part of the game. Fact is if either team had no turnovers the other would have won handily.

Edited by bronco pride

Crosby was having a hard time escaping til the fourth. Dayton was either ahead or tied until then. Starters were getting hurt in the fourth for Dayton. But it is what it is.. 

getting hurt in the fourth...part of the game.....can't say best team won on that Friday huh?

I thought Crosby just flat out got outplayed in the first and made a ton of mistakes.  The score was 13-13.  I also made the comment that in the second half you would see Dayton get tired.  If you noticed they started to getting up slower and slower on both sides.  Good fight, a lot of heart, but when you look at how long it had been since Crosby had won in Dayton, getting out of there with a W is all that matters.

I thought Crosby just flat out got outplayed in the first and made a ton of mistakes.  The score was 13-13.  I also made the comment that in the second half you would see Dayton get tired.  If you noticed they started to getting up slower and slower on both sides.  Good fight, a lot of heart, but when you look at how long it had been since Crosby had won in Dayton, getting out of there with a W is all that matters.

True a W is a W.

Offensively that was Crosby's poorest showing of the year. Dayton turned it over because a receiver short-armed a pass to keep from getting hit and Moore got stripped on a return.

That's quite different than throwing it right to them because players aren't in the same page, it wasn't like the Dayton players had to make a play on the ball. Not to mention both interceptions gave Dayton the ball at the 25. The fumble late in the third when we were driving in Dayton territory to take the lead the first time was one of the turnovers that are "part of the game". The picks shouldn't be, we haven't done that all year. 

April, we had two players standing on the sideline that are better than everybody on Dayton's roster. Please save the getting hurt stuff, they were getting hit. There's a difference. 

April, we had two players standing on the sideline that are better than everybody on Dayton's roster. Please save the getting hurt stuff, they were getting hit. There's a difference. 

What? "Getting hurt" is part of the game unfortunately .... I see no difference... My comment made no reference to any Crosby players "hurting" Dayton players.. As you are trying to make it to be....  Fact is Crosby was getting no where for three quarters. And you know it! But like I said ALREADY a win is a win... Surely you can agree with that statement! 

You all need to hush. You win or you lose. Everyone has injuries. It's your teams job to not turn it over. At the end of the day, Ctosby beat Dayton for the third year in a row.

You an admin? I don't think so.. And you sure not my parent. Lord... help um... 

Edited by Octfeb

Offensively that was Crosby's poorest showing of the year. Dayton turned it over because a receiver short-armed a pass to keep from getting hit and Moore got stripped on a return.

That's quite different than throwing it right to them because players aren't in the same page, it wasn't like the Dayton players had to make a play on the ball. Not to mention both interceptions gave Dayton the ball at the 25. The fumble late in the third when we were driving in Dayton territory to take the lead the first time was one of the turnovers that are "part of the game". The picks shouldn't be, we haven't done that all year. 

Ok Dayton had nothing to do with in your opinion Crosbys worst offensive performance of the year. I believe you made the same comment last year as did your coach. Guess Crosby just plays their worst game every year against Dayton. It just amuses me that for some reason a lot of Crosby posters keep wanting to justify why a 10 point win wasn't worse. Congrats on the no doubter beat down.

You an admin? I don't think so.. And you sure not my parent. Lord... help um... 

my team turned it over. My team tried hard. My team gave up a kick off return. Blah blah blah. Excuses come from losing teams. 

U Crosby folk that want to make excuses about why we didn't win by more are just as bad. 

We didn't win by more bc Dayton is good and we played poorly. That's all. But Crosby won. That's what great teams do even when they play poorly. Grind it out and find a way to win. No excuses.