Central at Vidor 10/23/2015

BMTSoulja1

About every game that I have attended at Da Butch over the years they have had issues. Mostly not operating the clock correctly. Either forgetting to start clock or leaving it running when officials signal to stop.

I have spoke with many football officials over the years. They all agree that they experience more problems with the clock operator at Da Butch than any other local stadium. Always having to add time or run time off.

Is it your job to speak to officials about the clock problems, and you have spoke to many football officials --smh why do you go to the games then.

Never nothing good to say about bisd but you're at everything bisd sport events  -- oh tha'ts right we've all sports writers on here  

Edited by understand

SMH

Was just pointing out that one should clean their porch first before complaining about someone else porch.

I trust what you say.  You've done many broadcasts at different venues for different venues.  If there is a problem in the BISD press box with the clock operator, then it needs to be addressed asap.  But as far as my experiences @ Pirate stadium, there's been numerous times where there was an issue with the scoreboard, one of which I joke about , all in fun when the entire scoreboard went off in the 4th quarter and mysteriously turned back on after a Central score and a last minute Vidor drive.   

I trust what you say.  You've done many broadcasts at different venues for different venues.  If there is a problem in the BISD press box with the clock operator, then it needs to be addressed asap.  But as far as my experiences @ Pirate stadium, there's been numerous times where there was an issue with the scoreboard, one of which I joke about , all in fun when the entire scoreboard went off in the 4th quarter and mysteriously turned back on after a Central score and a last minute Vidor drive.   

Uh yea Lumberton @ Central 42 seconds left before Lumberton punted to after the punt it was 52 seconds.... Babin said something about it too! If those 10 seconds were not put back on the clock it would have went to OT 

...maybe it wouldn't have went into overtime.

You are correct.  It might not have mattered.  At least 10 seconds were added.  There was 6.4 seconds still on the clock when the winning TD was caught by Central.  The play probably took 7 seconds. So, mathematically speaking, Central probably would have snapped the ball with 3 seconds left on the clock and caught the TD after time expired.  It's just frustrating that it happened at such a pivotal point in the game and no clear explanation given, even to our head coach.  But other than that, I've not noticed any time issues at the Butch.

Speaking from plenty of experience, a grass field helps minimize the advantage that a bigger, faster & stronger opponent has over you.  A wet, grass field even more so.  Lot's of water, either from the sky or a sprinkler :-), benefits Vidor.  No question

Only LC-M....  And Nederland use the sprinklers.....

Y'all should ignore those white haters in and outside of BISD.  Don't have anything good to say and never will.  I know it's hard but just ignore them

"white haters" lmao, not even surprised to hear some stuff like that. SFA85 This conversation was about time on a clock, not race. But you fit in perfectly with the 2015 black community. Funny the things you ppl can turn into a race issue, haha get a clue fool.

"white haters" lmao, not even surprised to hear some stuff like that. SFA85 This conversation was about time on a clock, not race. But you fit in perfectly with the 2015 black community. Funny the things you ppl can turn into a race issue, haha get a clue fool.

care to go more in-depth?