• Bmt Central              1778.5
  • Nederland                1625
  • Baytown Lee            1440
  • Vidor                         1405
  • PNG                         1399
  • Bmt Ozen                 1169.5
  • Lumberton               1109

Ones to watch this year & what they reported last go round:

• P. A. Memorial          2110 (10 over cutoff)
  • Livingston                 1103 (43 over cutoff)
  • LCM                         1056 (4 under cutoff)

Latest rumor:

GCM and RSS will be 6A. 

UIL is moving North Shore to Region 2.

GCM and RSS will be in the Pasadena district. Moving Pearland and Pearland Dawson out.

IF all of these are true, that will be the only way GCM can compete in 6A.

NS would never move to region 2. 

Latest rumor:

GCM and RSS will be 6A. 

UIL is moving North Shore to Region 2.

GCM and RSS will be in the Pasadena district. Moving Pearland and Pearland Dawson out.

IF all of these are true, that will be the only way GCM can compete in 6A.

I heard it was the opposite. Katy ISD was moving to region II. UIL feels it's best for Katy to prove they belong in the state title game rather than being given a bye to that round every year. The other rumor is that the Plano schools and Allen will be forced to have 2 varsity teams next year since their enrollments are over 5,000.

In all seriousness I agree with Garrity, North Shore will never move to Region II. North Dallas is growing and with West Brook in 6A that district will stay very similar. The only change would be GCM switching with Memorial, if GCM has the numbers.

Something will change in the next few realignments with the HUGE population growth in Houston.  Fort Bend ISD only had 1 High school fielding a varsity squad in 1979 with Dulles (Willowridge started in 1980), Cypress-Fairbanks ISD only had 2 with Cypress-Fairbanks and Jersey Village (Cypress Creek started in 1980). Within 5 years the two ISDs combined will have 30 High schools with 6A numbers.  Back in 1948, 1949 and 1950 the UIL briefly had a special classification for urban areas... I think it was called the Central City Classification or something like that with only Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Fort Worth inner city schools competing.  It's getting to the point where that needs to happen again.  Houston already takes up all of 6A Region III, a lot of 6A Region II and I foresee them splashing over into Region IV as well with Pearland and Fort Bend continuing to boom.

Houston will never go to Region IV. The Valley is actually growing.

Putting North Shore with the Spring and Conroe schools in Region 2 is not that far of a stretch. They match up logistically and in enrollment size.

so Channelview would be joining em right? Since Channelview is literally across the street from them. UIL does strange things but they not moving NS to Region 2 though. 

so Channelview would be joining em right? Since Channelview is literally across the street from them. UIL does strange things but they not moving NS to Region 2 though. 

Barbers Hill, Crosby, and Dayton are across the street from GCM and yet they drive an hour to play all the Golden Triangle teams. I'm not sure if the UIL really cares who live across the street when they are making up districts.  Wish they did, I would be spending a lot less money on gas.

Barbers Hill, Crosby, and Dayton are across the street from GCM and yet they drive an hour to play all the Golden Triangle teams. I'm not sure if the UIL really cares who live across the street when they are making up districts.  Wish they did, I would be spending a lot less money on gas.

move New Caney and Porter to Region 2 or move the CS/Bryan schools to that region and fit the NCISD schools into that district then Lee and GCM would be over there in 21-5A, I think it was a too many schools in one general area issue for that happening last re-alignment. 

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity

move New Caney and Porter to Region 2 or move the CS/Bryan schools to that region and fit the NCISD schools into that district then Lee and GCM would be over there in 21-5A, I think it was a too many schools in one general area issue for that happening last re-alignment. 

Tiny problem with that idea. Where would New Caney/Porter or College Station/Bryan schools fit? Region I and II are already full in 5A.

Before someone else says merge Districts 3 and 4, it had to be done for the academics. Tuesday nights from Amarillo to Abilene/San Angelo is about 5 1/2 hours on a bus.

Tiny problem with that idea. Where would New Caney/Porter or College Station/Bryan schools fit? Region I and II are already full in 5A.

Before someone else says merge Districts 3 and 4, it had to be done for the academics. Tuesday nights from Amarillo to Abilene/San Angelo is about 5 1/2 hours on a bus.

its a cluster-you-know-what lol

Just as an aside, whatever the enrollment numbers are actually submitted to the TEA for funding purposes, then the UIL gets them without any identifying campus of district information attached.  They are try to target 240 schools in 6A.  I think there are around 245 6A schools this alignment.  So they list the enrollments smallest to largest and find that cut off.  Then they move it back up about 10 schools to compensate for the few schools that will play up from 5A to 6A.  That is where the 6A/5A divider is set.  Then is goes down the line from there.

I talked to an administrative person from Deweyville who told me their number was 209 which would mean Deweyville will definitely go down to 2A.

Newton's number went down last year but back up somewhat this year and so they should stay in the same class.

That where they should be. Just too small to compete with the likes of the Newtons of the world. Look for them to be competitive next season if they actually drop to their like sized teams.

Good point. You can literally see Bridge City's stadium lights from WOS's stadium yet we dont play. 150 kids or less difference in size.

This may be a stupid comment because I havent looked at a map to see the geographical area of most of the teams in Reg 1 and 4 but what about making 2 super Regions instead of 4? North and South. Run the line East to West and a little South of Temple.