Official Mid County Madness 2015 Thread

jake94

yea so why doesnt PNG have equal(or close to equal) stand size on both size?

ever heard of homefield advantage? I reckon thats why.  If I ever be blessed to hit the lottery imma get a stadium built for Memorial, 12K seating, 7K on the home side with two grassy areas big enough for 500 each side and 5K on the Visitors side. 

Well back in town to read all this Garbage... Soulja, just read my posts from last week and you will see I have been spot on. Nederland is once again the favorite for the DC... They have lost to very good teams, which has turned them into a very good team.. LN is a great coach and he knows what he's doing... I respect the fact he doesn't load his pre district games with all Patsy's... The result is what you see.. Krautz doesn't have 5 stars, but IMO, he's the best in the district.. Nothing against Whaley, who has the opportunity to succeed at the next level, but for HS football, Krautz is legit.. Wake up Lamar!!! MCM will more than likely decide the DC... If Nederland wins, I think they make a clean sweep of the district... That being said, here is my thoughts, since I never make a formal prediction on PNG games... Here goes... Offensively I see it as a tie... PNG with the passing attack putting up great numbers so far... However Nederland is just as good IMO, but they have the key word... Balance... Defensively I see it as a tie as well. I think Nederland has better athletes and speed, but show signs of youth.. PNG is young as well, but a bit banged up, but have held there own so far.. Special teams are also pretty equal.. But to the main factor.. Coaching... No brainer here... Neauman owns BF.. However, we do have home field, which I think helps a little, enough to offset something... Will be packed on both ends.... If PNG can play the best game of the year against Nederland, I think it could be interesting... But if it's a penalty, turnover game, like in the past... I just don't think it can be.... If PNG pulls the unthinkable, we still have a tough schedule left, where as Nederland will be on the other end of their schedule.. So it's a super important game as we all know.. If you read my posts from a month back I went with PNG at 8-3... So you can figure that up in your head.,.. I have still not seen anything out of any district team that makes me think past the first round... But I do think these 2 teams have the best shot of any if we where ever going to squeak out of the first round... Quite possibly the weakest the district has been IMO in years.... Momentum will play a big part of this entire game... And I don't want to say I told you so.. But when I made the post about gameplanning for Krautz a few weeks back you all laughed.... Look at me now!!!!! He can beat anyone in this district if LN allows him too... So once again this is nothing but my opinion... But like SFA85 told me... No sense in fighting the keyboard warriors.... If anyone has watched these teams play, you know this post is legit.... PNG wins, I'm the happiest man in the world.... Nederland wins, I'm going into seclusion for a year..... Peace........

So far what I have noticed is PNG starts off slow on defense. They then figure it out so to speak. We can't do that with Nederland. LN changes his game on the fly which makes him a winner. That said, if we turn over the ball like we did against Lumberton and WOS, Nederland will take advantage and win. If it boils down to coaching, well I will be upset again this year. I honestly believe we have the better athletes this year as a whole. But as in the past, that hasn't resulted in a win.

We'll have to play better disciplined football than we did against Slumberton.   The week before, we had 1 penalty.  Last week 7... for 85 yards!  And mostly because Slumberton baited us, and we bit.  Ned will bait too.  We have to do better.

This year, we DO have the weapons.  But we have to perform with them  if we do, we win.  If we come out flat, it will be hard to overcome.

Should be a great game.  Hoping all players come out injury free.