Nederland 35 Beaumont Central 20/Final

WOSgrad

Soulja, I usually enjoy your assessments of games  seem to be a level headed fella, but you have been throwing darts at a team that just beat your team on a football field. The primadonna statement was generalized, not personal. 

The out-coached or out-played argument is like the chicken and the egg. Talent can get you by if your coaching is suspect, while good coaching can prevail when talent isnt top notch. Any coach will tell you it is easier to coach talent. Fact is, no matter how good your coaching is, the players still have to execute.

understand.....if your kid is D1 scouted, plays for a D1 school, scouted by the NFL, and makes it to his dream job, I will be the first to congratulate you and him. I just cant stand the average fan bragging about D1 talent in Beaumont. That is nothing more than geography and doesn't impress me. Anyone can move to Beaumont.

My personal view of how Central might improve is to run the spread more. That QB gained some yardage running and his passing is erratic, even though he connected on a beautiful bomb for a TD.

Winning football games comes down to execution and playing mistake free football (penalties and turnovers).

....now it's your Jr year as coach.  You're not a 'new coach' anymore.  Can't use that as a cop out any more...

Personally in general I feel like if you have been a Coordinator before you already have a grasp of whats suppose to be going on out there, you're basically 2nd in command at that point. 

Soulja, I usually enjoy your assessments of games  seem to be a level headed fella, but you have been throwing darts at a team that just beat your team on a football field. The primadonna statement was generalized, not personal. 

The out-coached or out-played argument is like the chicken and the egg. Talent can get you by if your coaching is suspect, while good coaching can prevail when talent isnt top notch. Any coach will tell you it is easier to coach talent. Fact is, no matter how good your coaching is, the players still have to execute.

understand.....if your kid is D1 scouted, plays for a D1 school, scouted by the NFL, and makes it to his dream job, I will be the first to congratulate you and him. I just cant stand the average fan bragging about D1 talent in Beaumont. That is nothing more than geography and doesn't impress me. Anyone can move to Beaumont.

My personal view of how Central might improve is to run the spread more. That QB gained some yardage running and his passing is erratic, even though he connected on a beautiful bomb for a TD.

Winning football games comes down to execution and playing mistake free football (penalties and turnovers).

actually, with one of the best rbs in the state, and a below average passer, they should be in the i/pro sets letting Whaley run with a lead blocker and letting  that QB play action to those receivers.  Their QB isn't a straight passing threat, and Whaley is a one cut runner who would benefit from A FB and  TE

Edited by Brubaker

Were you at the game?  Central was up 13 - 7 with a TD they left on the field and looked poised to finish the job at halftime.  second half, no adjustments were made (Nederland made their adjustments) and you see Nederland reeled off 28 second half points....    What else do you call it?  Our coaches got lost with their 5 play playbook while Nederland seem to make every play like they were going against the practice squad on both sides of the ball, even got their playmakers to make plays....  Our playmakers were bogged down.  it's the coach's job to get the players in positions to make plays.  

Sure, Nederland made adjustments at halftime....Most coaches do.  What happened in the second half is Nederland's O-line wore down Central's D-line and imposed their will on them!!  

Nederland had two really bad offensive series to start the game, but then got going.  Central did not dominate the first half.  They had 117 yds to Nederland's 100,  one offensive TD and a kickoff returned for a TD.   Nederland's D-line was in the backfield ALL night last night.  Whaley had 21 carries for 100 yds!!!  2.1 yd. per carry.  If you looked at Nederland D-line before the game, they looked outmanned.  But then the game started and they dominated.  Take away the stupid penalties that kept many of Central's drives alive and it's even worse.   

The better football player is the one executes his assignment and has the tools do so.  It's not always the one with the the height, weight or speed advantage.  If you lined all of Central's and Nederland's players head to head, Central would have Nederland beat at almost every position in those categories I listed above.  But Nederland had the better football players out on that field last night!  

actually, with one of the best rbs in the state, and a below average passer, they should be in the i/pro sets letting Whaley run with a lead blocker and letting  that QB play action to those receivers.  Their QB isn't a straight passing threat, and Whaley is a one cut runner who would benefit from A FB and  TE

Whaley is a downhill back. A fullback and tight end would not only make him more effective, it would take tons of pressure off a new QB. Ned's oline wore Central out in the 2nd half.... I believe the td pass central completed was off play action to Whaley. Imo , Whaley is way underutilized....Central has the athletes but lack in the coaching dept......

Whaley is a downhill back. A fullback and tight end would not only make him more effective, it would take tons of pressure off a new QB. Ned's oline wore Central out in the 2nd half.... I believe the td pass central completed was off play action to Whaley. Imo , Whaley is way underutilized....Central has the athletes but lack in the coaching dept......

*puts on Titan cap and looks in the mirror* 

....  Preach....

Sure, Nederland made adjustments at halftime....Most coaches do.  What happened in the second half is Nederland's O-line wore down Central's D-line and imposed their will on them!!  

Nederland had two really bad offensive series to start the game, but then got going.  Central did not dominate the first half.  They had 117 yds to Nederland's 100,  one offensive TD and a kickoff returned for a TD.   Nederland's D-line was in the backfield ALL night last night.  Whaley had 21 carries for 100 yds!!!  2.1 yd. per carry.  If you looked at Nederland D-line before the game, they looked outmanned.  But then the game started and they dominated.  Take away the stupid penalties that kept many of Central's drives alive and it's even worse.   

The better football player is the one executes his assignment and has the tools do so.  It's not always the one with the the height, weight or speed advantage.  If you lined all of Central's and Nederland's players head to head, Central would have Nederland beat at almost every position in those categories I listed above.  But Nederland had the better football players out on that field last night!  

No.  West Brook had better players than us with a huge o-line...  We weathered the storm and lost by 3.  West Brook's coaching is below average.  Y'all have superior coaching with mediocre to below average players. And you win by 2 scores.  See how that balanced out?  Be lucky.  You could be like other teams with puss poor coaching.  And with the talent y'all have, y'all would get ran off the field every week.  Central's talent keeps us above water.  Sad to say, but....

PREACH, PREACH, PREACH....

The only quit I saw in Jags was the coaching ! They abandoned the gameplan and hit the panic pass button  , when there was plenty of time to have run  the offense and see what happened ? Result 3 & outs and a battered D got no rest . #2  Dogs had long ago sold out to smash mouth , so why not load up and dare us to beat you in the air even though you know we have a deadly air  game  we really hadn't shown that and pass D may be the best part of Jag D . Just saying if it is not workin there is nothing to lose ?  Personally the panic button is something I hate and yes I have even seen that in my Dogs before ! I guess all coaches like fans get "scared" and punch the button ! 

As far as talent your "edge" is not near as great as you think it is . Dogs have had some real special players over the last 5 years or so . Just for starters Kimler , Seay , the meats , Grogan and on and on and on etc  . So coaching plus talent plus attitude always = success . 

I was going to write a long post but instead I'll just say this,

Soulja, I told you earlier this week that NO defense in this district would dominate this Nederland O line. Now my son did say that Central was the best D they have faced this year in his opinion including Crosby. Props to the Central players. Hard fought game last night. Funny, I didn't see Mediocre any where on the field. I have been seeing an awful lot of it when reading your post though !!!!!!

No.  West Brook had better players than us with a huge o-line...  We weathered the storm and lost by 3.  West Brook's coaching is below average.  Y'all have superior coaching with mediocre to below average players. And you win by 2 scores.  See how that balanced out?  Be lucky.  You could be like other teams with puss poor coaching.  And with the talent y'all have, y'all would get ran off the field every week.  Central's talent keeps us above water.  Sad to say, but....

mediocre to below average players. Just because we have a 5'4" 175 lb defensive lineman and a 5'5" 210 lb. our secondary was small, but we make up for it with our lack of speed and strength. For you to whine about me saying  your kids quit, you sure threw some junk our way with that statement. So why don't you get ready to get beat by ozen and worry about that than to bash the team that beat y'all.  I liked listening to your posts until now because you sound like a fan that can't handle the truth 

Edited by Proud Dawg

mediocre to below average players. Just because we have a 5'4" 175 lb defensive lineman and a 5'5" 210 lb. our secondary was small, but we make up for it with our lack of speed and strength. For you to whine about your kids quitting, you sure threw some junk our way with that statement. So why don't you get ready to get beat by ozen and worry about that than to bash the team that beat y'all.  I liked listening to your posts until now because you sound like a fan that can't handle the truth 

whew!  I get bashed saying things like that to "certain other folks" on here lol. 

mediocre to below average players. Just because we have a 5'4" 175 lb defensive lineman and a 5'5" 210 lb. our secondary was small, but we make up for it with our lack of speed and strength. For you to whine about me saying  your kids quit, you sure threw some junk our way with that statement. So why don't you get ready to get beat by ozen and worry about that than to bash the team that beat y'all.  I liked listening to your posts until now because you sound like a fan that can't handle the truth 

I really would care less about how you feel about me.  Obviously, you can't handle opinion.  Your counterpart said we quit and you agree with me.  tells me everything I need to know.  We're going to beat Ozen.  Don't worry about that, but you need to worry about not getting ran off the field by PN-G.  

BTW, I still say y'all have superior coaching.

The only quit I saw in Jags was the coaching ! They abandoned the gameplan and hit the panic pass button  , when there was plenty of time to have run  the offense and see what happened ? Result 3 & outs and a battered D got no rest . #2  Dogs had long ago sold out to smash mouth , so why not load up and dare us to beat you in the air even though you know we have a deadly air  game  we really hadn't shown that and pass D may be the best part of Jag D . Just saying if it is not workin there is nothing to lose ?  Personally the panic button is something I hate and yes I have even seen that in my Dogs before ! I guess all coaches like fans get "scared" and punch the button ! 

As far as talent your "edge" is not near as great as you think it is . Dogs have had some real special players over the last 5 years or so . Just for starters Kimler , Seay , the meats , Grogan and on and on and on etc  . So coaching plus talent plus attitude always = success . 

Good post.

Sour grapes. Ned's O line did the same thing to Central that they did to Ozen, wear out that D line and run the ball down their throat in the second half.

This year was better than last year. We are small and don't have the so called horses we always have. The area teams smell blood in the water. First visor said its their year. Next up ozen is gonna beat us. Then mighty central. I have read the predictions and do understand that this must be a hard loss for the jaguar faithful. Y'all were sure there would be a win for y'all. I have to admit that I am always nervous playing fast teams. I think that foreman is a good coach. Plus he is good for the kids. He has lost 3 district games the last couple years. I call that a success. For those wanting a change, I hope y'all get it. And for only the excuse making, finger pointing, whining, crybaby fans, I hope this loss stings for a while. Good luck with ozen. 

Sour grapes. Ned's O line did the same thing to Central that they did to Ozen, wear out that D line and run the ball down their throat in the second half.

Yea, that was the case when an unnecessary adjustment was made in the second half...  As I've stated, be gratefully you have superior coaching to see what was going on.  Heck, I know pop Warner teams that could've ran on a 3 down linemen front.. .  

Edited by BMTSoulja1