Crosby vs Dayton

Who's starting at qb tomorrow night for Dayton? I know as a Crosby fan I would much rather see Long back there.

Interesting. why is that?

For the record, I think we're a more diverse offense with Hancock, which would benefit us against a legit defense. Just curious why you would rather that...

Edited by dayton

Interesting. why is that?

For the record, I think we're a more diverse offense with Hancock, which would benefit us against a legit defense. Just curious why you would rather that...

You just said it. Lot easier offense to defend with Long back there. He's not really going to beat a good defense with his arm which makes Moore less effective and allows Crosby to tee off on him when he takes off running. I figured the amount of hits Long would take would limit his abilities as the game progressed. The two times I saw Dayton play this year Hancock was the more efficient qb at moving the offense, that's just my opinion though.

Going to be very physical battle between two teams/towns that really do not like each other. Similar athletes on both sides of the field, but Crosby has the edge in interior play, coaching and big strike ability. Dayton will battle, and probably keep this one close for a long time. Crosby, in the end, will just have too much firepower. 

Cougars 49

Broncos  34 

You got Dayton scoring 6 points in 3 qrts. Wow you are one generous dude ! your giving Dayton way to much credit were talking about the mecca here -

Dayton will score some points, possibly 28 or 31 even. I just think tonight will be one of the first games where you start to see the enrollment and participation numbers effect this game in a negative manner for Dayton. Dayton is also at a coaching disadvantage now. 

It may be close early but I think the subs will get to play in this one too.

Today Chron.Com 21-5a wk 8 big games=Crosby@Dayt=Crosby has more atheletes but Dayt is good=trap game,other dist info on 21-5a thread=big RUTRO mistake by M Malatesta saying NC already beat King SMH lmao

Here's the whole story, they start talking Crosby and Dayton a little after the 3 min mark:

This is the hidden content, please

Listen history holds we don't play well at Dayton so instead of trying to predict one of those crazy rivalry games i think i'm going to do a couple other predictions. 

1) Crosby's #40 is going to be in the backfield on 65% of the plays

2) Henson #57 is going to catch someone wanting to try and shake and is going to light a kid up. 

3) Manny #16 is going to catch 2+ TD passes. 

4) Cotton is going to be let loose in the running game. 

5) Dayton is going to score more than any other team has versus crosby. 

This  will be a playoff effort from both teams no love lost by either team. Some of the new bandwagon fans for Crosby think after seeing Dayton play this will be no contest for the Coogs but my learned colleagues like 14.2  know Dayton will pull out all the stop s to make the game competitive enough to have a chance for the W .

This is a tough one to call since I didn't see Dayton play this year. They are both excellent teams with huge playoff potential this year. My gut feeling is that Crosby will pull it out. I feel like Crosby is on a mission this year. Not that I want my dogs to have to play either one of these teams again, just think Crosby gets it

Should be a durn good game.  Crosby should win, but in a rivalry game like this all the good/bad stuff goes out the window, similar to the MCM game.  Good luck to both through the playoffs.  

Crosby side is just about sold out. Dayton ISD said they're fixing to sale Dayton side tickets to Crosby. Another Crosby home game

Bottom line, Crosby wins!

Go Crosby^

Speed will kill Dayton. Not to mention Size.

Best of luck and a safe game to you guys. Love rilvary games. This should be rilvary week in SETXSPORTS area.

Going to be very physical battle between two teams/towns that really do not like each other. Similar athletes on both sides of the field, but Crosby has the edge in interior play, coaching and big strike ability. Dayton will battle, and probably keep this one close for a long time. Crosby, in the end, will just have too much firepower. 

Cougars 49

Broncos  34 

3 hours until kickoff!

My prediction: Crosby 39 Dayton 27

Probably only 2 hours to get there if you don't want to have to stand up or sit on Dayton's side.

Listen history holds we don't play well at Dayton so instead of trying to predict one of those crazy rivalry games i think i'm going to do a couple other predictions. 

1) Crosby's #40 is going to be in the backfield on 65% of the plays

2) Henson #57 is going to catch someone wanting to try and shake and is going to light a kid up. 

3) Manny #16 is going to catch 2+ TD passes. 

4) Cotton is going to be let loose in the running game. 

5) Dayton is going to score more than any other team has versus crosby. 

Forgot about Pickney. He will get 2 "Hit Sticks"

Found it fun to look back at the Crosby / Dayton prediction thread and point out those posts that were relatively accurate.  Congrats to those above.  Notice that I'm not included!!! 

Random thought. Anybody for Crosby can be replaced except for Nathan White and Joseph Pickney. 

Did you see the one play the center missed against Humble?  I personally think a huge part of the defense is Harrison at LB.  

Hard to imagine, but the defense is the heart of this team.  Offense is solid, but not yet firing 100%.  When offense gets healthy and peaks its going to be fun.