Nederland 36 Vidor 30/Final

WOSgrad

Just saw Coach Neumann on the Tailgate Party.  Confirmed what I've always thought of him, classy, as I think of Coach Matthews.  

Also Bulldog fans, don't be to critical of your defense yet.  You played a tough pre-district, and remember the Pirates scored 28 pts (as I remember) on Channelview, and they're a pretty good ball club.  Perhaps your defense did a good job holding Vidor to 30. 

Just saw Coach Neumann on the Tailgate Party.  Confirmed what I've always thought of him, classy, as I think of Coach Matthews.  

Also Bulldog fans, don't be to critical of your defense yet.  You played a tough pre-district, and remember the Pirates scored 28 pts (as I remember) on Channelview, and they're a pretty good ball club.  Perhaps your defense did a good job holding Vidor to 30. 

We said the same when we watched him on the tailgate show. He gave major props to Vidor and Coach Mathews.

on a side note - it's even funnier to me watching him because he and my dad played HS football together in Houston. He's always been a class act.

Not having Maverick Quirante this year playing free safety is killing us. The Lebaron kid is the best QB Ned has seen since 2011 and he had a great game tonight. Still, it was a very winable game for us and we should have. I'm a believer in playing good defense and we're not, especially early in the game.  Krautz (sp.) breaking a big run for a TD on the first play of the game and then we get burned on a bomb on their 3rd offensive play? Horrible. I think the worst play was when we had them 3rd and goal to go from the 15 and they run the same play New England  ran in the Superbowl. C'mon, Stevie Wonder could see that one coming. Call time out and change the defense. Half the time, we look like a keystone fire drill going into pass coverage. Same story the last three games; Jasper, Channelview and now Ned are carbon copies.I know I'm hard on the coaches but I expect more...especially preparation wise. 14 points in three offensive plays to start the game? Hats off to Larry Neuman having his team ready to play and taking advantage of our weaknesses as usual.

Not having Maverick Quirante this year playing free safety is killing us. The Lebaron kid is the best QB Ned has seen since 2011 and he had a great game tonight. Still, it was a very winable game for us and we should have. I'm a believer in playing good defense and we're not, especially early in the game.  Krautz (sp.) breaking a big run for a TD on the first play of the game and then we get burned on a bomb on their 3rd offensive play? Horrible. I think the worst play was when we had them 3rd and goal to go from the 15 and they run the same play New England  ran in the Superbowl. C'mon, Stevie Wonder could see that one coming. Call time out and change the defense. Half the time, we look like a keystone fire drill going into pass coverage. Same story the last three games; Jasper, Channelview and now Ned are carbon copies.I know I'm hard on the coaches but I expect more...especially preparation wise. 14 points in three offensive plays to start the game? Hats off to Larry Neuman having his team ready to play and taking advantage of our weaknesses as usual.

what makes you think there isn't preparation? Have you thought that the personnel isn't there. I know that's hard to swallow especially for our beloved players, but seriously....no preparation?????? Have you been to the practices? Have you been in the film sessions? Easy to sit in the stands and give your "professional" opinion. Especially when you haven't been to all the games.

Actually I  don't think they was no worst then Ned coordinators on a few play calls. Vidor like I said has a scheme that's hard to figure, and Ned has a offense that has a lot of weapons. You get a gamble play and some games it plays in favor, and sometimes they don't. Robanadana you hard on DC coach, but it was a offensive turnover that actually cost the game.

Actually I  don't think they was no worst then Ned coordinators on a few play calls. Vidor like I said has a scheme that's hard to figure, and Ned has a offense that has a lot of weapons. You get a gamble play and some games it plays in favor, and sometimes they don't. Robanadana you hard on DC coach, but it was a offensive turnover that actually cost the game.

Nice pass by your son on the 2pt play by the way .  And that was a beautiful catch by Fisher on the TD before

Tavian had a nice game. Great 1 handed catch and a cool 2 point conversion. He's always solid on D, too.

Nice pass by your son on the 2pt play by the way .  And that was a beautiful catch by Fisher on the TD before

Thanks and Fisher have some huge hands, and Perkins enough said. Mitch was throwing bullets a few questionable but man it's good to have a Krautz on your team. Between the 2 backs in this game stats should be crazy.

Great game and a hard fought victory for Nederland. Vidor is going to make some noise in district. Those kids played tough. First game for me this year but my first observations are the following: Lebaron is legit. That long TD pass in the first quarter was a thing of beauty. I know Krautz has big play ability and is a beast, but I think if we would've passed it more tonight, the win may have been easier. Vidor's secondary is sub par and there were open recievers a lot. As for Nederland's defense... I know we stacked the box for a reason against Vidor, but I would have liked a safety a little further back and instructed him to not attack the run, only be there if the runner made it through the first two levels. That said, I'm not a coach and they are far more knowledgable than me. Just an observation. All in all it was a great game between two good teams. I thought officiating was terrible, for both sides. There was a PF called on Nederland early that was a really bad call, then Vidor had a worse late hit that wasn't called. In Vidor's defense I wasn't sure the one against them in the 4th was a good call. Far away from where I was but it didn't look terrible. At any rate kudos to Vidor and Big Ned got the job done. 1-0...

You know I'm going to give it up to our D, because they never quit. Not every game they will struggle, they kept each other up and came up with the turnover. Vincent Tran hats off to you because even though you was hurt, you kept fighting. Peyton and Jalin for not giving up on the play each time they broke for a long run.

Very entertaining game to listen to on the radio, thought it was Vidor game to win in the last two minutes. Fumble killed them, what a heartbreaker!. Sounds like neither team played defense, seemed like offense was clicking on both sides of the ball. Gonna be an interesting district race. On a side note how about the L train stomping the hell out of ozen, was that a suprise or what.

Great Game by both teams. Just need to work on defense in some areas both teams. To many big plays. Both Teams fought hard . Fun Game to Watch.

The one thing that drove me crazy all night is how Coach Matthews and his coaching staff will not stay off the field. Then when they got a penalty for it he went crazy on his coaching staff and team. It just makes him look like he does not have control of his team. That's going to cost them big time if there not careful.

Again Great win for the Dogs! Vidor keep your head up!

Nederland had men in position on defense all night, except for a few plays. We just need to tackle better. Not taking anything away from the Vidor RBs. They can flat run and will run you over. Fumble killed Vidor on final drive. What everyone seems to forget is Nederlands final drive to take the lead forcing Vidor to score a TD. Great game. No one left early.

What was it, 5 or 6 plays and 3 TDs for a 14-7 score? Unbelievable!

Stats for both sides should be equally unbelievable.

Great game and a hard fought victory for Nederland. Vidor is going to make some noise in district. Those kids played tough. First game for me this year but my first observations are the following: Lebaron is legit. That long TD pass in the first quarter was a thing of beauty. I know Krautz has big play ability and is a beast, but I think if we would've passed it more tonight, the win may have been easier. Vidor's secondary is sub par and there were open recievers a lot. As for Nederland's defense... I know we stacked the box for a reason against Vidor, but I would have liked a safety a little further back and instructed him to not attack the run, only be there if the runner made it through the first two levels. That said, I'm not a coach and they are far more knowledgable than me. Just an observation. All in all it was a great game between two good teams. I thought officiating was terrible, for both sides. There was a PF called on Nederland early that was a really bad call, then Vidor had a worse late hit that wasn't called. In Vidor's defense I wasn't sure the one against them in the 4th was a good call. Far away from where I was but it didn't look terrible. At any rate kudos to Vidor and Big Ned got the job done. 1-0...

Totally agree with your synopsis.  Very disappointed Pirate's secondary was not better after playing CV two weeks ago.