WOS (4-0) vs Richmond Foster (3-1)

Goblin

And hmmmm I know a school down the street that has had that problem before a few times. (In bold) ;)

Then you should know the source of our angst when a school mentions that we are "not worth playing."  Especially, when I knows that runs counter to Coach Riordan's experience before coaching at Crosby.

But to get the thread back where it belongs, Foster is a big team which should definitely get WO-S prepared for the playoffs.  It is a winnable game, but I won't be surprised if the Stangs come out of this weekend 3-1.

With that staff they have in place over there i reckon Crosby will be good for a while. Go out to a game over there. 

Yeah yall had good seasons, and also everytime yall lose to a better team and someone points it out (like last yr) some of yall show ya sensitive side, now that is unexpected by a program that has "won so much over 40 years"…which is why Newton week will be interesting on this site but thats another story for another week. 

And hmmmm I know a school down the street that has had that problem before a few times. (In bold) ;)

Who showed their sensitive side after a loss last year? Yeah, there might be 1 or 2 posters that do that but not the other 99% of Stang fans. Also the reason why its shocking to some when we do lose is because we normally dont lose. When you average 10+ wins a year over a long history, a loss can be a little downer. LOL! Newton week wont be interesting at all. Weve always respected them. Business as usual. The games have always been close over all the years we have played. Nothing new.

Disclaimer: Not sure if our average is 10 wins but sounds good:)

Edited by kicker

Then you should know the source of our angst when a school mentions that we are "not worth playing."  Especially, when I knows that runs counter to Coach Riordan's experience before coaching at Crosby.

But to get the thread back where it belongs, Foster is a big team which should definitely get WO-S prepared for the playoffs.  It is a winnable game, but I won't be surprised if the Stangs come out of this weekend 3-1.

i honestly dont believe that was said as disrespect, I knew what he was getting at. Before this yr (and I still stand by it right now) I said the same thing about Ozen during the 9 straight years we played them. 

And yeah, I expect a Wos win on Saturday, the way my Hogs look I might rather watch this game at Stallworth instead of throwing my tv out the window between 6pm and 9pm. 

i honestly dont believe that was said as disrespect, I knew what he was getting at. Before this yr (and I still stand by it right now) I said the same thing about Ozen during the 9 straight years we played them. 

And yeah, I expect a Wos win on Saturday, the way my Hogs look I might rather watch this game at Stallworth instead of throwing my tv out the window between 6pm and 9pm. 

I feel your pain. Im a UT fan. lol. Jerrod does look promising though. Anyways, I too believe we win the game agaisnt Foster. Will be close but win.

Well, for what it is worth, I've also said the same about Ozen.  But of course, you have kind of a track record for saying that, not just out of the fact that Ozen is a 5A team.  I see that you didn't mention the same about Central, who have shown themselves more worthy to be such an opponent.  I'd doubt you would have said the same thing about an Ozen team if they would have consistently gone 3-4 rounds in the playoffs and come off of a run to the state championship finals.

And perhaps you should either go to the game at Stallworth or, if you go to a bar to see the Hogs' game (those tv's can get a little expensive to replace, as can those windows if you forget to open one before tossing the tv).  However, if you do come to the game, please leave the Hog gear at home. Bielma's dumb remarks have caused a hex to be put on that stuff!

Fill me in on what runs counter to what Riordan has done at Crosby? I just look at the last 10 years of Sulphur Springs schedules. The only time SS played down the last 10 years was to Liberty-Eylau in '06 and '07 when, what do you know, they had a 5 team district and need a game week 5.

So basically what you're saying is a 20-something year old offensive coordinator, not the AD, set the schedule to play down one alignment as far as Maxpreps goes back? In that same period SS played up twice also.

Don't take the "not worth playing" comment and run with it. If you supposedly "know" what runs counter to the coach's current action, then you should "know" the rumors around town about who Crosby could possibly play in non-district. Games that would blow one with WOS out of the water.      

Oh yeah, I remember all of the statewide pundits couldn't stop talking about Ennis opening the season with a 62-16 win against a 6-5 Crosby team.

I wouldn't call getting beat 42-7 by Navasota exactly lining it up either. There wasn't a snowball's chance WOS was going to win that game but you still lined it up didn't you?  

Fill me in on what runs counter to what Riordan has done at Crosby? I just look at the last 10 years of Sulphur Springs schedules. The only time SS played down the last 10 years was to Liberty-Eylau in '06 and '07 when, what do you know, they had a 5 team district and need a game week 5.

So basically what you're saying is a 20-something year old offensive coordinator, not the AD, set the schedule to play down one alignment as far as Maxpreps goes back? In that same period SS played up twice also.

Don't take the "not worth playing" comment and run with it. If you supposedly "know" what runs counter to the coach's current action, then you should "know" the rumors around town about who Crosby could possibly play in non-district. Games that would blow one with WOS out of the water.      

Oh yeah..... I am sure I'll be super impressed.

Oh yeah..... I am sure I'll be super impressed.

I'm sure you will be too. You still didn't answer my question though, what does Riordan do now that is contrary to what he did while he was a 28 year old OC at Sulphur Springs since you "know"?

C'mon on man, WOS scored a td in the 4th to give them a 13 point victory over LCM. BH went to Orange and rolled them by 21 without completing a single pass. BH has gotten smoked every week since.

A couple of years ago WOS lost to PNG, PNG was subsequently house-ruled by SC and Crosby later that year.

Foster beat y'all up last year and the hangover caused another L the following week to Newton.

Y'all had the same amount of wins as Crosby last year playing significantly weaker competition. In your heart of hearts you can't honestly believe Crosby is ducking anybody, especially WOS.

I wouldn't call getting beat 42-7 by Navasota exactly lining it up either. There wasn't a snowball's chance WOS was going to win that game but you still lined it up didn't you?  

Not to sound petty but I believe it was 38-7 and nothing wrong with losing to a better team especially a State Champion that year. As a matter of fact, most of our playoff losses over the past 10 years have been to the eventual State Champ. Please dig deeper to try and degrade us. As you are finding out, there isnt much to find.

I'm sure you will be too. You still didn't answer my question though, what does Riordan do now that is contrary to what he did while he was a 28 year old OC at Sulphur Springs since you "know"?

C'mon on man, WOS scored a td in the 4th to give them a 13 point victory over LCM. BH went to Orange and rolled them by 21 without completing a single pass. BH has gotten smoked every week since.

A couple of years ago WOS lost to PNG, PNG was subsequently house-ruled by SC and Crosby later that year.

Foster beat y'all up last year and the hangover caused another L the following week to Newton.

Y'all had the same amount of wins as Crosby last year playing significantly weaker competition. In your heart of hearts you can't honestly believe Crosby is ducking anybody, especially WOS.

LOL! Sure makes our point when you try so hard to prove Crosby is better than WOS. Now your arguing Crosby was = to WOS last season because of number of loses? Yeah, ok. We lost in the State Game. And because we didnt blow out LCM were not good? First game of season with most new players. LCM is a rivalry game. More of a close game than a blowout most years we play. Other loses last year: Newton was a state finalist. Foster, acourding to you, was so much bigger and better than us so we were supposed to lose anyway. Yadda yadda. Call your coach and ask him to re-consider the WOS game next year. Wonder if it has to do with our WHOLE team returning? Come on man! Go start another Crosby Mecca thread and leave the football talk to real teams that have been there before.:)

Ill also ask you this to ponder. Would Crosby be 4-0 and Ranked #1 in the State if they returned 1 offensive player and 4 Defense? Think about that for a minute.

Edited by kicker

I haven't seen anybody from WO-S bragging about "lining it up" against Navasota the way you're tossing around Ennis like it's an honor just to have Crosby mentioned in the same sentence with them.

Navasota was a 16-0 machine that won the state championship 39-3 over Gilmer.

Ennis was a 5-5 non-playoff team when they crushed y'all.

Edited by maniacalum2036

As I recall, BH has not been "smoked" by everyone this year.  In fact, in their first district game this year, they had their opponent crapping their pants at half time.  Care to refresh out memory on who that opponent was? And I think you also failed to mention the fact that we beat a team, one that took down BH, by 21 points. 

Oh yeah, Foster beat us up, BY A WHOPPING 3 POINTS LAST YEAR!!!

Oh, yes, Porter, BH and Galena Park and extreme powerhouses which I am sure you had to wipe your brow and say,, "Whoo" afterwards. 

I don't need it in my heart to believe Crosby is ducking WO-S.  As for a school such as WO-S which is so inferior to the almighty Crosby Cougars and their whatever number of state championship appearances that they don't even warrant being on the same field, as well as a school which will in no way impede a return (if it happens) to the state semfinal, you have worked overtime trying to prove to everyone (at times I think including yourself) that they are not worthy. 

I don't think that Coach Riordan is ducking.....but I tink that you are a wiwwle scared on wiwwle ole WO-S!

Edited by WOSgrad

As I recall, BH has not been "smoked" by everyone this year.  In fact, in their first district game this year, they had their opponent crapping their pants at half time.  Care to refresh out memory on who that opponent was? And I think you also failed to mention the fact that we beat a team, one that took down BH, by 21 points. 

Oh yeah, Foster beat us up, BY A WHOPPING 3 POINTS LAST YEAR!!!

Oh, yes, Porter, BH and Galena Park and extreme powerhouses which I am sure you had to wipe your brow and say,, "Whoo" afterwards. 

I don't need it in my heart to believe Crosby is ducking WO-S.  As for a school such as WO-S which is so inferior to the almighty Crosby Cougars and their whatever number of state championship appearances that they don't even warrant being on the same field, as well as a school which will in no way impede a return (if it happens) to the state semfinal, you have worked overtime trying to prove to everyone (at times I think including yourself) that they are not worthy. 

I don't think that Coach Riordan is ducking.....but I tink that you are a wiwwle scared on wiwwle ole WO-S!

Lol, crapping pants at halftime? If you double a team up in points and double them up in yards I consider than smoking them. Crosby had probably 300 yards of offense in 6 mins of possession and scored on every one of them in the first half. If we needed 56 and 600 yards we could've gotten it instead pulling the starters after the third and settling for 40 points and 532 yards. 

You keep using words like "inferior". I'm just saying the game doesn't mean as much to Crosby as it does to WOS or otherwise y'all's coach wouldn't have picked up the phone and try to get a game. Tell him to call teams like Stratford, Elkins, Brenham or Ridge Point who don't need a game either and see if they'll play.

When they dismiss it I guess they'll be considered scared too even though they have tougher teams on the schedule? I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything. Your "angst" about teams feeling it's not a big deal to play WOS is the same thing I feel about people saying Crosby would duck somebody. 

LOL! Sure makes our point when you try so hard to prove Crosby is better than WOS. Now your arguing Crosby was = to WOS last season because of number of loses? Yeah, ok. We lost in the State Game. And because we didnt blow out LCM were not good? First game of season with most new players. LCM is a rivalry game. More of a close game than a blowout most years we play. Other loses last year: Newton was a state finalist. Foster, acourding to you, was so much bigger and better than us so we were supposed to lose anyway. Yadda yadda. Call your coach and ask him to re-consider the WOS game next year. Wonder if it has to do with our WHOLE team returning? Come on man! Go start another Crosby Mecca thread and leave the football talk to real teams that have been there before.:)

Ill also ask you this to ponder. Would Crosby be 4-0 and Ranked #1 in the State if they returned 1 offensive player and 4 Defense? Think about that for a minute.

Well Crosby is #2 in the state and we just lost our big time running back for the rest of the season. Could you afford to DT last year? There's probably 250 schools in 5A that have a possibility of winning a state title. There's only 87 schools I believe and half the district's in 4A-D2. There's not even a possibility you could play a school with 100 more kids than you in the playoffs, last time you did y'all lost by 35. I would think it's easier to get to 13 wins that way vs having to possibly line it up in 5A-D2 with schools like CP who probably have an actual enrollment 2000 kids. 

WOS is 1-2 and probably about to be 1-3 against the 5A schools they've played the last couple of year, neither of which even won a playoff game. I'm not trying to prove Crosby is better than WOS at anything, it kind of is what it is. 

I would never do so but if I were to call Riordan I would ask him to schedule La Porte, Atascosita, George Ranch or Stratford. I don't think Crosby has dropped down to play a game in over 15 years so I certainly wouldn't suggest dropping down two classes when your phone is lighting up with bigger names against some of the highest quality opponents in your own class. Especially when you don't have to go to the Louisiana border to play them. 

WOS is 1-2 and probably about to be 1-3 against the 5A schools they've played the last couple of year, neither of which even won a playoff game. I'm not trying to prove Crosby is better than WOS at anything, it kind of is what it is. 

Wrong...  WOS is 7-2 against schools in 4A/5A since 2012 (2-1 since 2014) and undefeated against 4A D1 teams since the alignment shifted in 2014.  The only losses we have are to PNG 34-37 in 2013 and Richmond Foster 14-17 in 2014.

Overall 41-6 since 2012 with the remaining 4 losses to state champs Navasota, Carthage and Gilmer and then State Finalist Newton.

Edited by Goblin

Wrong...  WOS is 7-2 against schools in 4A/5A since 2012 (2-1 since 2014) and undefeated against 4A D1 teams since the alignment shifted in 2014.  The only losses we have are to PNG 34-37 in 2013 and Richmond Foster 14-17 in 2014.

Overall 41-6 since 2012 with the remaining 4 losses to state champs Navasota, Carthage and Gilmer and then State Finalist Newton.

I said the last couple of years meaning against PNG and Foster. I was thinking the 3 point game was last year and the OT game with PNG was in '13. I had them mixed up so WOS is actually 2-1 and probably soon to 2-2 vs 5A teams. Even if you go back to '10 they're 6-5 against 5A teams prior to this week's matchup with Foster. Probably .500 in a 6 year span while playing up against teams not named LCM. 

It's truly a great accomplishment for a school their size but like I said in another thread, I believe it's Ned that's the only 5A squad WOS has beat the last 7 years that's actually gone on to win a playoff game later. 

41-6 is truly a phenomenal record, I wish Crosby had 6 more wins to match it in that period. 

So is WO-S playing Richmond Foster or Crosby this week?  After looking at some of these posts my deal is why would WO-S play Crosby, it would be a no-win situation.  I mean these guys got short memorys.  Crosby catches a ride on the latest meteor shower and enters real football played in Texas and all of a sudden they invented cleats and laces.  They are getting some respect here lately but are far from a household name around the state.  No, give me the Richmond Fosters, PN-Gs and Silsbees to play to get ready for district.  By the way, WO-S by 6 this week, I was impressed with the pressure Richmond put on the QB last year, havent seen that since who flung the chunk.  Dont think they are as good this year so WO-S 30-24.