CNN GOP Debate Predictions

EnlightenedMessiah

Trump will once again dominate tonight as he makes Jeb look like the incompetent fool he is. Carson / Cruz / Fiorina may challenge Trump somewhat but keep it minimal as they will be seeking a spot on the dream team cabinet. 

Trump-POTUS / Cruz-VP / Carson- Surgeon General / Fiorina- Secretary of State / Gowdy- Attorney General / Lt Gen Neller- Secretary of Defense. 

There you have it. Making America great again

Go Crosby!!

Gop debate has turn into reality tv. They pushing it like it the season finale to real housewives. What will trump say next.

That is what the entire campaign has been so far, much less tonight's debate. Trump has skewed the actual media coverage of a political campaign to see what his next one liner will be. He doesn't say nearly as much as others besides "trust me" but he seems to get more air time than the other 15 candidates combined. I am not yet sure if it is good or bad but it is happening. 

That is what the entire campaign has been so far, much less tonight's debate. Trump has skewed the actual media coverage of a political campaign to see what his next one liner will be. He doesn't say nearly as much as others besides "trust me" but he seems to get more air time than the other 15 candidates combined. I am not yet sure if it is good or bad but it is happening. 

Do you not think the vast majority of intelligent hard working Americans feel a breath of fresh air from all the hype. Every politician has an agenda made up of one way or another a web of not so much lies but unfullfilled promises. Given the benefit of the doubt I think most want to do the right thing but their hands are tied by the PAC's and lobbyists that control them. With Trump, though brash and obnoxious at times, will not rely "as heavily" on outside influence. I really do feel that as his track record shows (barring some early in life experiences, don't we all have some missteps) he has the mental fortitude and savvy to surround himself with the "right" people. D.C. is broken and has been for decades probably since Camelot, its time for a fresh perspective. The Obama administration promised this fresh, new start that would revive the country yet it has failed to the nth degree. I say shakeup the fat cats in the capitol and after all isn't what we live in "reality..."

GO CROSBY!! 

Taking words from TVC, Trump, I'm still not positive if he's good or bad (for the country), but like so many others have said, he's a refreshing breath of air.  Doesn't verbally walk on egg shells.  No wonder so many watch.  Old Donald knows, "We can handle the truth".  

Do you not think the vast majority of intelligent hard working Americans feel a breath of fresh air from all the hype. Every politician has an agenda made up of one way or another a web of not so much lies but unfullfilled promises. Given the benefit of the doubt I think most want to do the right thing but their hands are tied by the PAC's and lobbyists that control them. With Trump, though brash and obnoxious at times, will not rely "as heavily" on outside influence. I really do feel that as his track record shows (barring some early in life experiences, don't we all have some missteps) he has the mental fortitude and savvy to surround himself with the "right" people. D.C. is broken and has been for decades probably since Camelot, its time for a fresh perspective. The Obama administration promised this fresh, new start that would revive the country yet it has failed to the nth degree. I say shakeup the fat cats in the capitol and after all isn't what we live in "reality..."

GO CROSBY!! 

I think the vast majority love the reality tv aspect to Trump. 

I don't buy the "he isn't a politician" angle. Neither was Reagan when he was an actor. Neither was Jimmy Carter when he was a peanut farmer. Neither was Mike Huckabee when he was a preacher. Neither was G H W Bush when he was an oil wildcatter. When they ran for office, they became politicians. So if Trump gets elected, he isn't a politician in the highest political office in the land? Sure he will be and sure he is now. In reality he is a politician that has not yet held political office. 

You talk about unfulfilled promises. Okay, I'll buy that. Trump says "I'll do this and I'll do that, trust me!". Well how is he going to do it if Congress will not pass the law? If the Republicans hold both houses (which seems likely) me might have a more favorable Congress to work with however any of the Republicans will be in the same position. Trump reminds me a lot of Obama. "Trust me". Like, trust me, I will make the world love us and not make them all mad. How did that work out for us? 

You talk about a fresh perspective yet Trump has no perspective other than, trust me because I am The Donald. 

I do think that he would be a lot better than Obama but I think the same thing about my mother's Siamese Cat. 

I think the vast majority love the reality tv aspect to Trump. 

I don't buy the "he isn't a politician" angle. Neither was Reagan when he was an actor. Neither was Jimmy Carter when he was a peanut farmer. Neither was Mike Huckabee when he was a preacher. Neither was G H W Bush when he was an oil wildcatter. When they ran for office, they became politicians. So if Trump gets elected, he isn't a politician in the highest political office in the land? Sure he will be and sure he is now. In reality he is a politician that has not yet held political office. 

You talk about unfulfilled promises. Okay, I'll buy that. Trump says "I'll do this and I'll do that, trust me!". Well how is he going to do it if Congress will not pass the law? If the Republicans hold both houses (which seems likely) me might have a more favorable Congress to work with however any of the Republicans will be in the same position. Trump reminds me a lot of Obama. "Trust me". Like, trust me, I will make the world love us and not make them all mad. How did that work out for us? 

You talk about a fresh perspective yet Trump has no perspective other than, trust me because I am The Donald. 

I do think that he would be a lot better than Obama but I think the same thing about my mother's Siamese Cat. 

Weird......I would trust him to run the country....I think he would make good financial choices. 

Now, when it comes to foreign policy, he scares the hell out of me. I can see him throwing one liners at China or Russia.....

Weird......I would trust him to run the country....I think he would make good financial choices. 

Now, when it comes to foreign policy, he scares the hell out of me. I can see him throwing one liners at China or Russia.....

Therein lies his problem. When his jokes run out in a month or so, will he actually say anything that makes any sense or will it still simply be, "trust me" ..... which is almost exact what we heard from Obama and his claims to "fundamentally" change this country. 

And I am not completely against Trump. I think we could do worse and currently are doing worse. I don't buy the idea that he is an "outsider" and not a politician as the main reason to vote for him. He would be almost nothing had it not been for his already being established as a celebrity. 

Trump gets a safe card the same one Obama got but to a higher degree. No other gop runner could even be thought of as being a conservative with trumps record. but we like trump because the way he talks. Bush is Ronald Reagan compared to trump but bush is a liberal? I honestly believe that trump is just being trump and will cause more harm than good. How Cruz can be so low in polls to trump is unbelievable. Cruz clearly is the guy trump pretending to be. 

I think guys like Cruz and Carson are staying quiet and laying low waiting for the fall of the Donald. His supporters will have to go somewhere and it will not be the ones that bash him.

I think CNN is going to try to work over Trump because he is the one that has the Dems scared

Edited by Eagle11

In politics you cannot have your cake and eat it too. IMO Trump runs the company like a business. No more outsourcing (to a degree) things that can be handled in house. The middle class would greatly benefit from the creation of jobs that his administration would create. I feel like Trump loves the accolades and praise so that's why he's appealing to the middle class, the more you praise and pump up his ego the more he will feel his duty to make the masses happy, which in turns makes him out to be the hero. As far as the congress and house, what else is new, rather it be a majority or not dividing lines on issues will always be there. It's the hand that feeds you gets the love. As far as Cruz is concerened, I think he is just not ready yet for the ultimate prize, he's kinda like Crosby, get to the doorstep (VP), wait your turn, then kick the door in after the country is turned around and we've all lived in peace and harmony for the past 8 years with a brand new Wall. Lastly, let CNN come after the Donald. I can almost guarantee you that after he got undressed on national television with the interview about the middle east factions, he will be game this time around. You do not get to where he is at without having the shrewdest and keenest aides in your corner. 

Go Crosby!!

Speaking of 9/11…….

@GMA: Steve Rannazzisi from 'The League' admits he lied for 14 years about escaping 9/11 attacks:

This is the hidden content, please

@nytimes: Steve Rannazzisi, comedian who lied about 9/11, loses Buffalo Wild Wings ad campaign

To answer the original question posed in this thread, Carly Fiorina won the debate with Marco Rubio in a close second, and I think they'll experience moderate rises in the polls as a result. Jeb, Christie and Paul did alright. Trump bombed it - I think Fiorina's one liner about the face comment has to be the only thing that's ever made Donald Trump blush. Carson's performance was meager, as were those of Walker and Cruz.

So far, the polls seem to reflect my views. The latest RCP average shows a drop of around two points for both Trump and Carson, a rise of two points for Rubio and a rise of three for Fiorina, with everyone else's numbers staying virtually stagnant.

I think we could be seeing the very beginning of Trump's demise. I think Trump realizes that too. When Trump's numbers leveled off around 30% a few weeks ago and Carson really started to gain on him, Trump finally agreed to sign the Republican pledge to support whoever the eventual nominee is. I think he did so as part of some kind of deal with the party leadership, although I have no idea what it would entail. It would fit the pattern of behavior for a man who made his money in real estate - buy low, sell high. Additionally, I think there are a lot of moderate and establishment Republicans that just aren't answering polls right now because we're so far out, which causes the numbers to overrepresent the hardcore elements of the base. As we get closer to the primaries, I think more of those establishment voters will start making their allegiances known and that the numbers of whoever the "true conservative" darling is, whether that remains Trump or becomes someone else, will naturally diminish as a result.