Newton @ BC!!!!!!

GATA!

Newton had better win by 40.... they're state finalists from last year taking on a team playing their second game with a totally new offense.  Nothing for Newton to worry about in Bridge City.  This'll be a cake-walk for the Eagles.  Too bad they still have to drive all of the way down here to actually play the game. 

If you don't believe, you don't belong.  

Love the sarcasm, but this is actually pretty accurate.

Newton had better win by 40.... they're state finalists from last year taking on a team playing their second game with a totally new offense.  Nothing for Newton to worry about in Bridge City.  This'll be a cake-walk for the Eagles.  Too bad they still have to drive all of the way down here to actually play the game. 

WOW, let me clear this up for yall, BC has improved this season no d'out i always like to see teams that have struggled do a turn around on their ball club. Newton reloads pretty much each year give or take, i think most people are making their prediction off of that which is the obvious, BC shocked Kville last week by getting the W, talk about a confidence booster for the whole BC nation, I have notice some new faces on this board supporting BC that is awsome, just dont leave us if BC does a nose dive support them to the end that is a key to a great football club support through and through BC also has a great coach that has stepped in as the #1 guy,...................now my prediction has not changed, i predict BC will make it a game up to mid of the 3rd with newton pulling away, 17-36 Newton

WOW, let me clear this up for yall, BC has improved this season no d'out i always like to see teams that have struggled do a turn around on their ball club. Newton reloads pretty much each year give or take, i think most people are making their prediction off of that which is the obvious, BC shocked Kville last week by getting the W, talk about a confidence booster for the whole BC nation, I have notice some new faces on this board supporting BC that is awsome, just dont leave us if BC does a nose dive support them to the end that is a key to a great football club support through and through BC also has a great coach that has stepped in as the #1 guy,...................now my prediction has not changed, i predict BC will make it a game up to mid of the 3rd with newton pulling away, 17-36 Newton

I'm not sure how a bigger school beating a smaller school is a shock? Didn't Kville lose a lot last year? ANyways...If BC is 14 points within Newton....my attitude will change towards them. I believe Newton is 28 points better than Kville. We will see though! Go WIldcats!!!

I'm not sure how a bigger school beating a smaller school is a shock? Didn't Kville lose a lot last year? ANyways...If BC is 14 points within Newton....my attitude will change towards them. I believe Newton is 28 points better than Kville. We will see though! Go WIldcats!!!......................................you are right,BC=4A-D1, Kville=3a-d1, Newton=3a-d2, compare win/loss between the teams, and the scores from last years game between BC and Kville despite the size of school most people just look at the records from previous years and make their prediction

Newton D3 II BC D4 II and Newton has got to win by 40, doesn't say much for BC.

BC hangs around for a while but this Newton team is better than Kirbyville, even with Kirbyville healthy.  Good news is you get Lumberton next week which will get you back above .500.  

Once again we're on the same page. Think it'll be closer than most think, but Newton appears loaded. 

Got one question.  Is the Analyst actually Plusone in disguise?

BC does have a decent squad. But when you say Newton will only win by 10 to 14 points is like you are saying they are the same caliber. Let's be realistic for a minute and understand that Newton is playing at a way higher level this. I know I'll catch hell for this but the only team that will come close to beating Newton will either be Henderson or WOS. And I just can't see WOS beating Newton this year. Newton started this season with a bang against a really good Tatum squad. Granted it's the first game of the season and things do change. But the Newton team this year is 10x better than last years and WOS team still looks the same. I'm not a hater, I am a realist. To impress me you have to show me your improvements. Back to BC, I am impressed you squeezed a win passed Kville and I'm a huge believer that BC will make a good run. But side by side, BC is not playing even close to the same caliber. Much respect and good luck to both teams.

Edit: Oh also I believe that the WOS/Newton game should be called the Battle For Southeast Texas. There isnt a team 5a down that can compete at their level.

image.jpg

BC will be put back into reality friday night. They should not be calling that win against Kirbyville an upset! It was a good quality win! I feel like people are riding off of their 3 glory years... Now, I do hope success for both teams, but don't let a win over kirbyville make you think crazy. They are NO WHERE close to Newtons level this season. Being said, there will be a 4 TD spread. If I am wrong, come bash me on it! 

Not gonna bash you on it because not many outside of the circle know what's going on in Cardinal Country.These boys have won at every single level since they started playing football. If you don't believe you don't belong.....

Good luck Newton the rest of the way!

BC hangs around for a while but this Newton team is better than Kirbyville, even with Kirbyville healthy.  Good news is you get Lumberton next week which will get you back above .500.  

Better than Kirbyville....even with everyone healthy? Lmao...We were a horrible pass away from a win over BC. Newton never threatened BC. Let go of the scrimmage dude. That's all it was. Lol..

Better than Kirbyville....even with everyone healthy? Lmao...We were a horrible pass away from a win over BC. Newton never threatened BC. Let go of the scrimmage dude. That's all it was. Lol..

Didn't you guys get BC at home?  There is a bit of a difference in where you play IMO.  I still don't know after last night that you guys would beat Newton.  But I am also not sure you wouldn't.  You guys played a close one with Orangefield and Newton obviously struggled with BC.  We will get to see another common opponent when OF plays Newton in a couple of weeks.  I will say I think Newton-Kirbyville would be a close game if played right now.  

I didn't ask for a summary of the program lol. Making the playoffs and a winning record year in and year out is not hard to do if it's a descent program. And the three years kville beat Newton and had 2 state appearances, they were really good! So like I said, three glory years. And that's what everybody thinks and remembers of Kirbyville. Now, they are a good competitive team, but it definitely should not be considered as an upset with BC winning. Just a win. 

Let me guess....it WAS an upset beating Newton though? I am L.. M.. A.. O..

Didn't you guys get BC at home?  There is a bit of a difference in where you play IMO.  I still don't know after last night that you guys would beat Newton.  But I am also not sure you wouldn't.  You guys played a close one with Orangefield and Newton obviously struggled with BC.  We will get to see another common opponent when OF plays Newton in a couple of weeks.  I will say I think Newton-Kirbyville would be a close game if played right now.  

Blah, blah, blah...refs, home field advantage....where do the excuses end?

I'm not sure how a bigger school beating a smaller school is a shock? Didn't Kville lose a lot last year? ANyways...If BC is 14 points within Newton....my attitude will change towards them. I believe Newton is 28 points better than Kville. We will see though! Go WIldcats!!!

wildbacker better back up, i can always pull the small school card lol, J/k