Nederland-West Orange-Stark Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

WOS Reloaded, the offense looks great. JD3 has so many weapons to throw too. (Pick your poison) The run game didn't look to good, the offensive line needs to hold there blocks a little longer! Defensive wise the DB needs a little more work! All together i'll grade them a A-!

the sophomore #15 and junior Malik Phillips looked pretty solid at the Cb spots. I look for #15 to be a big role on the D 

the sophomore #15 and junior Malik Phillips looked pretty solid. I look for #15 to start in the season

Morris & Phillips will be the starters I think also. #81 Thibeoux is a soph also he was the free saftey. The def backs field will get better with time. What I was impress with is the weapons Dallas has @ the WR. Especially Hancock #27 Miller #4 Wallace #87 #Cormeaux #31 Carter, Willams! #27 #4 in the slot you gonna have to pick your poison.

Morris & Phillips will be the starters I think also. #81 Thibeoux is a soph also he was the free saftey. The def backs field will get better with time. What I was impress with is the weapons Dallas has @ the WR. Especially Hancock #27 Miller #4 Wallace #87 #Cormeaux #31 Carter, Willams! #27 #4 in the slot you gonna have to pick your poison.

#4 and #27 was killing it tonight. #4 is a very nice route runner and will be hard to hold. Seems like Nederland had to Pass interference him everytime ... Lol

Wow JD3 had 300 yds passing! He made it look easy( gun slinger) its gonna be a great year, praying for a injury free season. Its crazy that the offense is ahead of the defense! Its usually the other way around. People tend to forget this Jr class is special and been playing together since flag football. I'm tired of expressing that on this message board. Imma let them walk the walk & talk the talk. Then people gonna realize what I was talking about. 

Some random thoughts about the scrimmage...

WO-S offense is definitely ahead of their defense, which is not the norm. The defense reminded me of where we were two years ago...young and enduring growing pains, especially in the secondary. Although, they did pick off three passes. The linebackers need more time and practice to develop their reads. This is ALWAYS priority in a Cornel Thompson defense and I'm confident they will "arrive" at where this needs to be as the season progresses.  

Nederland's #22 is the best player on their offense. Find ways to use that kid more. The Ned offense showed good balance with rushing and passing. They did nice work running both inside and outside at times. The QB looks solid. I like the look of their offensive sets. They've developed a nice package of keeping the defense guessing as to whether their sets will be a pass or run. Neumann is an excellent offensive mind. Always has been.

Jack Dallas is very good. He is makes quick decisions, does not hold onto the ball, and is really accurate with mid and long range throws. 'Picking up where he left off last year. The rushing part of the O needs work, but #27 looked the best out of the rotation of backs.

Nederland's greatest strength is the versatility of their offense. Their biggest weakness is the the secondary. It seems they were scrambling, holding, and hitting early at least half of the time on pass plays.

WO-S finds is biggest upside in the passing game - namely Jack Dallas' throwing ability and the numerous receivers who can catch and run. Their greatest weakness is the kicking game.

The WO-S fans enjoy scrimmaging Nederland just as I know many of you Ned fans have said the same about us. It's always a good test for both. Best wishes to the Bulldogs this year.

So PNG scores on an 80 yard bomb to McZeal... Nederland answers with a 10 play 75 yard drive chewing up 4:50 minutes of clock.  PNG scores again on a 70 yard bomb to Giblin... Nederland answers with a 12 play 85 yard drive chewing up 5:30 minutes of clock... who will be patient enough to finish?  I don't think there's any doubt PNG's passing game is going to give ALOT of teams nightmares... Oh except for Crosby.

So PNG scores on an 80 yard bomb to McZeal... Nederland answers with a 10 play 75 yard drive chewing up 4:50 minutes of clock.  PNG scores again on a 70 yard bomb to Giblin... Nederland answers with a 12 play 85 yard drive chewing up 5:30 minutes of clock... who will be patient enough to finish?  I don't think there's any doubt PNG's passing game is going to give ALOT of teams nightmares... Oh except for Crosby.

Hopefully we are setting up for anothe MCM for the ages. I just hope there is enough Bulldogs left after Crosby finishes with them. We know Nederland will loose all of their good players to MECA to fill in as 4th stringers. Thankfully PN-G will not have to play them until the playoffs. Dont think the UIL will let them take our players as 5th stringers after the playoffs have started. Sounds like Nederland answered in true Bulldog fashion last night after the 27-7 hole they were in. 

Never sleep on Neauman. If Nederland can put up points they will be tough once again... Krautz is legit. If he stays healthy it will be interesting.. PNG will need to play sound defense. My perspective is that our DT are small and did not get any type of push. Other than the long pass that Girourd should have picked, I felt the secondary was fine. Linebackers stayed active and flew to the ball.. defensive ends looked strong, but will need to contain.. That being said, it was our first scrimmage in the 4-3. So we will only get better. Offensively the key worries will be running backs.. Cropper had a good night, but in 2 years hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy.. If he does, he will do fine. Runnels played a few series and was on the sideline with an ankle issue the rest. Offensive line was shaky at first, but looked better towards the 2 quarters.. Murdock looked good on the line, and I think I seen Hauk on the sidelines not suited up. Fairclothe needs to work with Adam on quick audibles.. To many times CB are 12 yards off the receivers on short yardage situations. We need to be able to recognize that and capitalize... Field goal kicker looks to have a good leg as well.. That being said, I think for a first scrimmage we looked good. West Brook will tell us more. It's going to be extremely difficult for anyone, except the MECA, of course, to cover the receivers. WOS will test us, which will help during district play. We will open up the running game with the passing game. Adam had a lot of zip on his ball, much improved from last year IMO. This could be our best trio of receivers in a long time. If the defense can bend and not break and create turnovers, we have a shot at taking the DC. 

Edited by Stattrax

Secondary needs to be worked on but Lebaron, Krautz, and our new Rob don't know name yet played well.O line once they settled down played ball and went to work. Man Jack Dallas is a gamer- officiating was embarrassing to both teams. How you let the sideline decide when you make a call. We got away with at least 3 interference call Ray Charles would have made. Hats off to both coaching staff for early prep on both teams.

Keep in mind, the scrimmages are for the officials to practice too. i't's highly possible one or more of them are new officials. 

The Motto @ WOS is NEXT MAN UP ! For the last couple of years kids have transfer out of The WOS Program into a different Program! Those kids that transfer knows The Slogan Once A Mustang Always A Mustangs #112%. They always be a Mustang @ Heart.  When kids transfer out the WOS program its more like the   kids are  losing a Brother that bleed the same BLOOD as each other. It also affect Mustang Country period. These are home grown kids that played there entire lifes together & they all dream one day they was gonna earn tbat SILVER HELMET & win A STATE Championship. before they all  graduate.( ItS One Big Family @ Mustang Country) but the kids & coaching staff knows that. You only can only control what's in front of you, not behind you! Therefore NEXT MAN UP. 

Edited by Kj Dad

This will be of interest to both WO-S and Nederland fans. There is a decent chance that both teams will play each other in a real game (not a scrimmage) beginning next year. This is NOT written in stone yet, but it has a good chance of happening. Neumann and Thompson get along very well and always have. Fans from both sides will welcome this game, I'm sure.

On a lighter note...after the scrimmage Neumann told Cornel Thompson, "Gosh dangit, Cornel, we've got a hundred years of coaching between the two of us right here and I just wanna tell you that I thank God I'm not the oldest one." Thompson is one year older.