Texas City-Beaumont Central Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

I heard Central's defense was pretty good but their offense was horrible. They said Whaley couldn't get past the line of scrimmage. That doesn't sound good for our cross town rival. I hope they are playoff bound but Ozen's offense is stronger and more athletic and physical than last year. I doubt if they will be shut out of any games. Especially with their 219lb QB J. Boyd taking the snaps. Come on Jags, pull it together. 

yes

IDK how good TC will be? They play in that Fort Bend district and barely got 4th last year. You know Elkins, Ridge Point and Marshall are in but that last spot between TC, Bush and Ball is a toss up at best. I would take Bush. TC is known for their filthy defense though. 

IDK how good TC will be? They play in that Fort Bend district and barely got 4th last year. You know Elkins, Ridge Point and Marshall are in but that last spot between TC, Bush and Ball is a toss up at best. I would take Bush. TC is known for their filthy defense though. 

i know. Frm word I got they were suppose to be good this yr. I blame the heat for this scrimmage outcome. 

Maybe it's Texas City's defense is good....

No doubt they have a good defense, they have athletes equivalent to Central's and have similar enrollment. This is the new landscape I always talk about. 

Even with their enrollment they're only the 5th largest school in a 7 team district meaning they always go D2, if they get in. Fort Bend Ridge Point, who went 12-1 though the D1 playoffs last year, could possibly go D2 from that district with 1884 kids. Dayton played Angleton, who has 1840 kids, in the D2 area round last year. Crosby played Cedar Park, who has 1847 kids, in the D2 semis last year. Probably the biggest example was when Manvel played Aledo in the 4A D2 final one year, then re-aligned to 5A the next year.

It's hard to compete with that level and quantity of talent on a regular basis, especially when those areas are outpacing you in growth and development. While the growth in those areas may be cyclical, the talent really isn't. It'll be interesting to see what the snapshots reflect for the SETX area in a few months. 

We'll see.  I'll definitely be at the Ozen/Silsbee scrimmage to critique both teams....

I was hoping you'd make it so that you could see a much improved Ozen team. Still early for everyone but being ahead of last year at this point is a nice place to be. Good Luck to the Jags!

I was hoping you'd make it so that you could see a much improved Ozen team. Still early for everyone but being ahead of last year at this point is a nice place to be. Good Luck to the Jags!

Jags will be OK we didn't have a spring and if you think after the first scrimmage we're in trouble, I'm going to have to stop reading on this site :). 

Central know who can play so the scrimmages or to find out who else can be play/moved up; our entire defense front is back and stronger -stronger , Central defense has been number one in district for the past two years the things Central needed to work on for this season they did in the off season  they did with over 150 kids each day, still have questions fine out how many starters didn't play or played out of position? #SWAG

Texas City

Channel View

West Brook

Port Arthur

Summer Creek

Lol man Central will show up anywhere to play, but a scrimmage I think if we wanted to look good and act like our players have improve we will change our schedule, I just hope it won't effect the 10-15 college scholarships our kids get the last 4 years, then most people on here will say those million dollars a year coaches don't know....... like we know on this site. haha ! 

West Brook  keep reading this we heard your Great we look forward for 8/28/2015 

Edited by understand

Jags will be OK we didn't have a spring and if you think after the first scrimmage we're in trouble, I'm going to have to stop reading on this site :). 

Central know who can play so the scrimmages or to find out who else can be play/moved up; our entire defense front is back and stronger -stronger , Central defense has been number one in district for the past two years the things Central needed to work on for this season they did in the off season  they did with over 150 kids each day, still have questions fine out how many starters didn't play or played out of position? #SWAG

Texas City

Channel View

West Brook

Port Arthur

Summer Creek

Lol man Central will show up anywhere to play, but a scrimmage I think if we wanted to look good and act like our players have improve we will change our schedule, I just hope it won't effect the 10-15 college scholarships our kids get the last 4 years, then most people on here will say those million dollars a year coaches don't know....... like we know on this site. haha ! 

As I said previously,

1. Central 

2. PN-G 

3. Ozen 

4. Vidor

Central uses their scrimmages like the NFL does the 1st 2 weeks of preseason, to see who else can play...

As I said previously,

1. Central 

2. PN-G 

3. Ozen 

4. Vidor

Central uses their scrimmages like the NFL does the 1st 2 weeks of preseason, to see who else can play...

So Central using their scrimmages like the NFL to see who can play is cool, but if other teams do that, they need to schedule tougher scrimmages.  Hmmmmm! And Bigford I'm glad you said that!  We're on the same page as far as scrimmages are concerned.

Edited by CougarCal

Texas City

Channel View

West Brook

Port Arthur

Summer Creek

If you read my quote carefully I spoke the lack of offense and the absence of Jacquet. I hope they be fine. They have the same players and coaches In the same system as last year mınus the senıors, and 2 weeks of practıce. They are too talented to not score.  As for scholarships that's wonderful all Bmt schools do pretty well. I just would like to see more of our kids return with a degree. If Ozen doesn't score this FrIday I'll be screamıng the samething. Keep working BMT.

If you read my quote carefully I spoke the lack of offense and the absence of Jacquet. I hope they be fine. They have the same players and coaches In the same system as last year mınus the senıors, and 2 weeks of practıce. They are too talented to not score.  As for scholarships that's wonderful all Bmt schools do pretty well. I just would like to see more of our kids return with a degree. If Ozen doesn't score this FrIday I'll be screamıng the samething. Keep working BMT.

What time is Ozen scrimmage, and where? Less see how Ozen looks with the same coach from last year and the same players, I'm part of all Bmt schools and the area; sometimes I even like Crosby. :),

Friday, Ozen will need to save a little scoring for the next week in PA and I can agree about the degree but that's a curl ball , it's not no school or city with 100%  degrees from kids that when to college,that's another subject, I don't have mine.but I see the balance say something Good throw something Bad.

08/24/2015 thats where Jags are and it better be; Central players were  3 yoa last time Central won, smh I'm waiting to see this year.That's where Centrals at West Brook!

Well tell all those ex-bulls and panthers Good luck.

SWAG/#/

What time is Ozen scrimmage, and where? Less see how Ozen looks with the same coach from last year and the same players, I'm part of all Bmt schools and the area; sometimes I even like Crosby. :),

Friday, Ozen will need to save a little scoring for the next week in PA and I can agree about the degree but that's a curl ball , it's not no school or city with 100%  degrees from kids that when to college,that's another subject, I don't have mine.but I see the balance say something Good throw something Bad.

08/24/2015 thats where Jags are and it better be; Central players were  3 yoa last time Central won, smh I'm waiting to see this year.That's where Centrals at West Brook!

Well tell all those ex-bulls and panthers Good luck.

SWAG/#/

There ıs good and bad In just about everything. NothIng personal but too many kIds leave from all area schools and come back without a degree and I speak from experience. We have to do better. As for Ozen on FrIday If they don't score I'll be the 1st to talk about It. I'm not afraId of the truth.

There ıs good and bad In just about everything. NothIng personal but too many kIds leave from all area schools and come back without a degree and I speak from experience. We have to do better. As for Ozen on FrIday If they don't score I'll be the 1st to talk about It. I'm not afraId of the truth.

yall gonna score August 28th? 

Texas City

Channel View****?

West Brook

Port Arthur

Summer Creek

Scrimmage schedule says fri 8-21 Houston Madison @Channelview 10:00am(who Cent srimm)