Sorry

I'm sorry about my posts on the PNG and Lumberton post. I'm just so tired of outsiders downing our boys! These boys may not win as many games as they like but they play hard and with a lot of heart. These boys love our town and are staying in Lumberton because they want to represent their town. The attitude this team has this year is way different than the past couple years teams. 

Yes I get comments at work and everywhere about supporting Lumberton because in their eyes Lumberton "sucks" but you know what I do not care what others think because I support ANY Lumberton sports team no matter what!

I'm sorry about my posts on the PNG and Lumberton post. I'm just so tired of outsiders downing our boys! These boys may not win as many games as they like but they play hard and with a lot of heart. These boys love our town and are staying in Lumberton because they want to represent their town. The attitude this team has this year is way different than the past couple years teams. 

Yes I get comments at work and everywhere about supporting Lumberton because in their eyes Lumberton "sucks" but you know what I do not care what others think because I support ANY Lumberton sports team no matter what!

I'm with you Rg2010.  And purpleeagle hit the nail on the head.  I backed Vidor for many years.  Both my kids and wife and I went there. Butt of many jokes, Interstate 10 Vidor 0, etc etc.  But one thing that I was always proud of(besides one of the best HS bands around) was the attendance.  Minimum of 50% of those games, Vidor had more in the stands than the teams killing us on the scoreboard.  That, plus the effort the boys gave despite us being out coached.

So you stick with them Raiders, and don't let a few folks with no class get you down.  

Anyone can stay with a team when they are winning. It takes a real fan to stay with their team when they are losing. Good luck Lumberton.

​What's this word "losing" you speak of?? Can't seem to find it in the local Crosby library dictionaries are in the high school trophy case anywhere. Maybe I should ask some salt dome folk.... 

​What's this word "losing" you speak of?? Can't seem to find it in the local Crosby library dictionaries are in the high school trophy case anywhere. Maybe I should ask some salt dome folk.... 

​I see quite a few "losing" seasons on this history of Crosby football.

This is the hidden content, please

​I see quite a few "losing" seasons on this history of Crosby football.

This is the hidden content, please

​Key word "their" History= the past,some time long ago, or maybe in your dialect back yonder. Heck, your name Aggies ought to be real familiar with the "history" of losing as well....  

That's the bad part, kids are super and do well at the little league level.  Your school board is the problem, fire Haynes and hire a 2-8 guy?

​My hatred for Lumberton stems from the LL level. My famous words used to be " It will all take care of itself on Friday Nights".... And it will and does. After I spent 4 years dealing with them in youth sports, I understood the reasons they struggle.. And it starts at the bottom...... No sense in me elaborating, but it takes, talent, heart, and athletes, throw in some half ... coaching and surely you can make your way into the playoffs, with 60% of all high school teams getting in.... Its simple if you dont.... You are lacking those key ingrediants, not just one, but all the ingrediants. Wins at youth levels puts blinders on expectations..... However, if you follow the rules.... It will all work out on Friday Nights........... Peace........... Love......... Purple.............. That all being said, I admire RaiderGirl for sticking up for her team, because I know several others that are in seclusion........

​Key word "their" History= the past,some time long ago, or maybe in your dialect back yonder. Heck, your name Aggies ought to be real familiar with the "history" of losing as well....  

​Isn't every season that has been played, winning or losing seasons, history?

Crosby has a .576 winning percentage since the 2000 season. Lost 72 games in that span. I believe that accounts for some " recent losing".

But if you just want to go off this current "little" 10 year run, Crosby is 79-39, .669 winning percentage. Not exactly setting the world on "code red".

​Isn't every season that has been played, winning or losing seasons, history?

Crosby has a .576 winning percentage since the 2000 season. Lost 72 games in that span. I believe that accounts for some " recent losing".

But if you just want to go off this current "little" 10 year run, Crosby is 79-39, .669 winning percentage. Not exactly setting the world on "code red".

​There again you prove my point. So now, use google as we all know you're quiet astute at doing and give me the "Code Red" record. Let me help you, minus the record of a regime that we "let Slip Away" to the triangle...

​There again you prove my point. So now, use google as we all know you're quiet astute at doing and give me the "Code Red" record. Let me help you, minus the record of a regime that we "let Slip Away" to the triangle...

​Jeff Riordan is 31-8 (.794) in 3 seasons at Crosby. Playoff record of 6-3.

And, this season, according to the Crosby football experts, should go 16-0 with a state championship. Anything less is a complete failure.