21-5A District Predictions 2015

What does Dayton have coming back in skill positions ?  Just curious because their entire offensive production graduated

​Not exactly the entire offensive production. Moore and Styner (which should have been utilized more) return. Not real sure how they gonna use Long this year. They have no QB, but the offensive line is back. 

What does Dayton have coming back in skill positions ?  Just curious because their entire offensive production graduated

As BG stated Dayton has their starting rb and their best slot receiver from last year when Mcbride was at qb. Also had a kid move back that won the district in high jump last year as a sophmore and a move in from Liberty that may be one of the most athletic kids on the field most games. Couple that with their entire offensive line returning and I believe more starters returning than anyone in our district and I feel pretty good about Dayton's chances this year. Anything can happen but we will see. Last 2 years have been nail biters against Crosby and this year Dayton plays them at home. One more thing. I remember  a team that lost almost their entire offensive production last year and they faired fairly well.

Edited by bronco pride

K McBride will be missed thats for certain,as for returning starting qb =no,not that we don't have kids that have previous qb exp.so my only ? mark on offense production lies squarely on the only? a position we've not had qb to play anywhere @next level since 2009(Ploch)Herrera was a great team leader w/heart just to small@5'7 140 for college ball,but I'd love to have another w/his ability.Talent is present,certainly in every other position once their position is established.Pretty sure this yrs O/L D/L will be biggest upfront I can remember in my lifetime.Their time is now,their history depends on their team goals for  2015,hopefully they remember 2013/2014 (1pt)2nd rd losses & a chance to make playoffs again for 20th yr in a row.I don't care what DCTF says=how many top 40 ranked 5a schools have accomplished that playoff streak=even @6a level in Setxsports coverage area=only Northshore Mustangs(5,000+ enrollment) have longer playoff streak(21 straight currently)since 1994 than Dayt Broncos(pretty good company)lol

Edited by liltex
add data

​Not exactly the entire offensive production. Moore and Styner (which should have been utilized more) return. Not real sure how they gonna use Long this year. They have no QB, but the offensive line is back.

​Dayton's best chance to beat Crosby for the next couple of years was last year with all of our new starters, plus we really didn't have that much firepower compared to normal Crosby squads. Last year I think Riordan said Dayton was the worst game Crosby played and we still won. I'm sure he was talking about being up 15 with like 6 mins left in the game and still going to OT.

I actually think if Crosby is healthy they will roll through Dayton and King rather easily. Crosby will probably rush for over 400 yards against Dayton and just outscore King if needed. With as good as Dayton's skill players have been the last couple of years they still finished 4th and 3rd in the district respectively. While I do like a lot of their players, two especially, I think you'll see a Bronco team closer to the 2013 squad vs improving on what they did last year.

​Dayton's best chance to beat Crosby for the next couple of years was last year with all of our new starters, plus we really didn't have that much firepower compared to normal Crosby squads. Last year I think Riordan said Dayton was the worst game Crosby played and we still won. I'm sure he was talking about being up 15 with like 6 mins left in the game and still going to OT.

I actually think if Crosby is healthy they will roll through Dayton and King rather easily. Crosby will probably rush for over 400 yards against Dayton and just outscore King if needed. With as good as Dayton's skill players have been the last couple of years they still finished 4th and 3rd in the district respectively. While I do like a lot of their players, two especially, I think you'll see a Bronco team closer to the 2013 squad vs improving on what they did last year.

​In case I didn't give enuff props=congrats you earned a victory=now don't start fibbing on the stats/gm summary=with 10:33 left 3rd it was Dayt 20 Crosby14=then Crosby scored 3 tds=21 pts to make score 35-20 w/1:28 left in 3rd qtr.Dayt scores twice in the 4th=15 pts=game tied 35-35@buzzer=OT=Crosby scores 1st poss/miss kick=41-35.Dayt ball 4th& 7 stopped 1 foot short in red zone=ball game.Where did you manufacture being up by 15 w/6 min left in the game SMH

​In case I didn't give enuff props=congrats you earned a victory=now don't start fibbing on the stats/gm summary=with 10:33 left 3rd it was Dayt 20 Crosby14=then Crosby scored 3 tds=21 pts to make score 35-20 w/1:28 left in 3rd qtr.Dayt scores twice in the 4th=15 pts=game tied 35-35@buzzer=OT=Crosby scores 1st poss/miss kick=41-35.Dayt ball 4th& 7 stopped 1 foot short in red zone=ball game.Where did you manufacture being up by 15 w/6 min left in the game SMH

Excuse me. It was 8 mins left like Cal said. Don't shake your head Tex. Cotton threw three picks that night. Once Crosby just decided to run the ball they dropped 21 straight on Dayton. With this receiving core Riordan is calling the best he's coached, Cotton should carve Dayton up this year. Here's the boxscore from last year, Dayton scored in the 8th minute and again off a tipped pass with 15 seconds on the clock to send it to OT:

This is the hidden content, please

Edited by coog02

The Dayton/Crosby game was a thriller for sure a foot here or there on a number of occasions might of produced a different outcome. This year Dayton will have bigger, faster and more atletic people on the "D" should be much improved. Along with the return of our defensive line coach who was deeply missed last year. I personally think Crosby's jv QB last year is better than Cotton.

The Dayton/Crosby game was a thriller for sure a foot here or there on a number of occasions might of produced a different outcome. This year Dayton will have bigger, faster and more atletic people on the "D" should be much improved. Along with the return of our defensive line coach who was deeply missed last year. I personally think Crosby's jv QB last year is better than Cotton.

Before last year's loss to CE King I'm not sure if Cotton ever lost a game he started while in Crosby ISD? I think both of those jv qbs were juniors last year and I highly doubt either will ever take a meaningful snap while on varsity. Manny Netherly, who currently holds 7 FBS offers at wr going into his junior year, will most likely take over the reigns after the Cotton era is over. I don't think any of our qbs for nearly the last decade have taken a jv snap? Not Cotton, Walter, Merka, or Starks which is the last 10 years worth after Cotton finishes up. 

I don't think peoeple's opinions can really be wrong but that's a little out there.

As far as the outcome, if Crosby has bigger, faster and overall better players and a far better coach I see Riordan doing Dayton's coaching staff like Stew used to do us. Throw in a growing enrollment gap and you can probably guess what I think the outcome will be. 

​If that statement is true then he would have been playing on varsity and not essentially 4th in line.  Manny is/was Cotton's back up.  Really an uphill battle to buy into that opinion, unless you saw a different season than I saw.