Beaumont ISD Coaching Spot

Can't believe I completely agree with you for once!!

I don't know why, but I also feel compelled to reply to a post above.  Brian English can flat out coach.  Period.  End of story.  Give him any group of kids and a couple of hoops and he will make them better.  I don't care what the "demographics" are.  

Personally, I would love to see what he could do with a team as talented as Central last year or this year.  I do think Nederland will be much better this season than last though.  Could have some great games between the English and his dogs and whoever is hired to coach the Jags

​English has a project to do in 16. At a 6A school. 

Can't believe I completely agree with you for once!!

I don't know why, but I also feel compelled to reply to a post above.  Brian English can flat out coach.  Period.  End of story.  Give him any group of kids and a couple of hoops and he will make them better.  I don't care what the "demographics" are.  

Personally, I would love to see what he could do with a team as talented as Central last year or this year.  I do think Nederland will be much better this season than last though.  Could have some great games between the English and his dogs and whoever is hired to coach the Jags

I completely agree....

Roderick Johnson former Dallas Madison coach, is who they are going to ATTEMPT to hire...write it down.  Agree with it or not, this is where they are headed.

If the old BISD board hadn't gotten thrown out on their ears, this might have happened.  If this is the recommendation that gets made to the new board, I'd be looking for a new AD as well.  

The man may have baggage (like most of us) but maybe he has gotten some things in order now. 

It's like a college on probation.  You just don't hire Narry Switzer, Jackie Sherrill, etc.  Last thing BISD needs is the certain scrutiny and criticism that would most certainly come from a Johnson brother hire.  I truly hope he has everything in order now.  And if he wants to coach again, I am sure there are some 2A/3A schools in East Texas that would give him the chance to prove it.  

It's like a college on probation.  You just don't hire Narry Switzer, Jackie Sherrill, etc.  Last thing BISD needs is the certain scrutiny and criticism that would most certainly come from a Johnson brother hire.  I truly hope he has everything in order now.  And if he wants to coach again, I am sure there are some 2A/3A schools in East Texas that would give him the chance to prove it.  

​I can't see this hire happening. Why self inflict this type of heat. 

If the old BISD board hadn't gotten thrown out on their ears, this might have happened.  If this is the recommendation that gets made to the new board, I'd be looking for a new AD as well.  

Interesting point...  I wouldn't be opposed to that idea..   I've made mention of this to buddy garrity and Yeoj.

The man may have baggage (like most of us) but maybe he has gotten some things in order now. 

​Maybe so. But BISD is in no shape to be making these kind of hires. The district is trying to clean things up, not dirty them up again. Would be a bad move in light of recent controversy.