D C Texas football magazine

Interesting to see where DC ranks the teams in the coverage area. I think Crosby could be ranked as high as #2 in the pre-season behind Aledo or as low as #8 behind a couple of 25-5A and east Texas teams. Last year DC picked Crosby as a dark horse to win state which was taken as a joke on this board. This year we're already on of the odd-on favorites. I wonder how funny 16-0 sounds this year?

Interesting to see where DC ranks the teams in the coverage area. I think Crosby could be ranked as high as #2 in the pre-season behind Aledo or as low as #8 behind a couple of 25-5A and east Texas teams. Last year DC picked Crosby as a dark horse to win state which was taken as a joke on this board. This year we're already on of the odd-on favorites. I wonder how funny 16-0 sounds this year?

​WO-S is ranked #1 in DCTF preseason 4A DII poll.

These rankings mean absolutely nothing.

​You're right, especially when your team doesn't have a chance. The season is still 80-something days away so there's not much you can talk about. I will say this though. DC had 3 of the 4 teams that played for the 6A titles ranked 1-3, the ranking mean nothing because Cy-Ranch wasn't even in the top 25 preseason.

The four teams that played for the 5A titles were all ranked within the preseason top 6 by DC.

The 4A-D1 finalist were ranked #2 and #5 preseason, the 4A-D2 finalist were ranked #2 and #4.

While the rankings mean absolutely nothing, some polls are a pretty good indicators of team forecasts, especially if you were to start from the regional finals forward.

I did the research and surprisingly the DCTF preseason polls as well as the AP preseason polls are more accurate at predicting State Champs than the end of season polls over the past 50 years (most likely because the top programs know scheduling tough teams in pre-district is actually a good thing and one loss or more will give you a lower end of season ranking).  A little bird told me about WO-S as well which worries me.  WO-S has been the #1 preseason fave several times over the years and tends to do worse with a target on their backs.  The drop to 3A in 2004 was the most recent time with WOS #1 and Jasper #2 preseason and Huffman got the big upset over WOS in Bi-District.

Edited by Goblin

I was told that the spring  magazine had Newton #5. We lost a lot of starters and will be rebuilding and reloading this year. Newton should have two kids back that were out last year after the Kirbyville scrimmage. They may also have a transfer QB that is enrolled in school now. I think that when WT walks back on the field at Newton that the excitement will be awesome and really motivate the kids. I think Newton will start fairly slow with their tough schedule and will be ready to make a run when district starts. I think Newton will be in the top 10 rankings to start the year.

P.S.- The people who think this magazine means nothing are usually with a team that never gets ranked.

I was told that the spring  magazine had Newton #5. We lost a lot of starters and will be rebuilding and reloading this year. Newton should have two kids back that were out last year after the Kirbyville scrimmage. They may also have a transfer QB that is enrolled in school now. I think that when WT walks back on the field at Newton that the excitement will be awesome and really motivate the kids. I think Newton will start fairly slow with their tough schedule and will be ready to make a run when district starts. I think Newton will be in the top 10 rankings to start the year.

P.S.- The people who think this magazine means nothing are usually with a team that never gets ranked.

Not all of the people that think that are with teams that don't get ranked. I said it earlier in the thread and I support WOS Mustangs. That being said I agree with your post in general. 

I remember how hard it was to weekly poll our Setx teams even seeing quite a few teams play.DCTF polls the entire state so I give em some props for job pretty well done.As soon as we learn how metro-plex recruits(loopholes)we'll get more coverage aka Ft Bend ISD(our closest metro-plex competitors when it comes to transfers.I am curios to buy mag/see where DCTF ranks LaMarque this year,lol

I remember how hard it was to weekly poll our Setx teams even seeing quite a few teams play.DCTF polls the entire state so I give em some props for job pretty well done.As soon as we learn how metro-plex recruits(loopholes)we'll get more coverage aka Ft Bend ISD(our closest metro-plex competitors when it comes to transfers.I am curios to buy mag/see where DCTF ranks LaMarque this year,lol

​if Lamarque is in any ranking and Dickinson isn't im calling BS. 

@dctf: The Summer Edition of Dave Campbell's Texas Football hits shelves 6/19! Order today!

This is the hidden content, please
#txhsfb
This is the hidden content, please

June 19th, which means imma have mine at least a week before.