Need info on West Brook's Rodney Brown

My son actually went there last year to play basketball got red-shirted and ended up running cross country and running track. He made all conference in the triple jump. and had a 3.6 GPA. Great school that really cares about their students succeeding after college. Rodney will do great there.

My son actually went there last year to play basketball got red-shirted and ended up running cross country and running track. He made all conference in the triple jump. and had a 3.6 GPA. Great school that really cares about their students succeeding after college. Rodney will do great there.

Congrats to Rodney and to your son! Your son appears to be balancing his school work and athletic pursuits well against the distractions Austin has to offer. At least much better than I did ;)

• 1 month later...

Just talking with a friend at lunch, and thinking what an absolute steal Huston-Tillotson got in Rodney Brown.  The kid is athletic, solid fundamentally, and has a great attitude.  You will never have to worry about Rodney getting in trouble or his work ethic.  I am very glad for the opportunity he has to play at the next level, but a lot of schools missed the boat on this one.  With college coaching and development, he could develop into a star at the NAIA level.

I guess their loss is Huston-Tillotson's gain....

Just talking with a friend at lunch, and thinking what an absolute steal Huston-Tillotson got in Rodney Brown.  The kid is athletic, solid fundamentally, and has a great attitude.  You will never have to worry about Rodney getting in trouble or his work ethic.  I am very glad for the opportunity he has to play at the next level, but a lot of schools missed the boat on this one.  With college coaching and development, he could develop into a star at the NAIA level.

I guess their loss is Huston-Tillotson's gain....

And an excellent student.  Always nice to not have to worry about a kid performing in the classroom.  Rodney is exceptionally bright and a hard worker.