Hardin-Jefferson 6 Silsbee 0/Final

Sometimes you just can't explain baseball Aggies....

If you've played.... then the devil is in the details throughout a game.

Each player has a job to do and if ALL the players involved do their job then the team wins.

No shame in losing a game if you've faced good pitching and were outplayed, but missed assignments and poor fielding is a death blow when facing a focused pitcher like Shugart when he's on.

I agree with this, I always tell my kids baseball is the only sport that has stat for Errors because not only will they happen they, in many cases, change the game.

I agree with that. I don't really want to count some of those missed assignments such as a sac bunt against the hitters.

A Sac bunt is what it is. A sacrificed at bat to move the runner closer to scoring for the next hitter.

If you don't get it down its because you walked or didn't do your job. Period.

It's not always easy to do but when called upon, it can change the game.

Point in fact:

Jasper vs BC - 2007?

Jasper bunted and stole their way right into a state title.

Don't forget you only have 3 kids with varsity experience in the line up.  Cash did a great job of making pitches when he had to; how many times did he get way behind in the count and come back to get the strike out.  The mental part of the game...  understanding that a 3-0 count is not a guaranteed walk is a difficult adjustment to make.  Some of these inexperienced kids, have not made that adjustment, yet.  The swings are for the most part good, well coached.  The mental part will come!  The experience of playing at this level this early will pay huge dividends later!!

Silsbee has scored 44 runs in 11 district games (4 run per game average). Last night was first time Silsbee was shut out in a district game this year.

Since when is a 4 run average not enough offense in baseball?

BC- 43 runs in 10 games (4.3)

WO-S- 46 in 10 games (4.6)

LC-M- 60 in 10 games (6.0)

HJ- 72 in 12 games (6.0)

A chance to "out stat" you..... B)  :D  ;)

BC 79 runs in 12 games  (6.5) per game                                                    Runs allowed     7       (.58)

Silsbee 46 runs and I only had 8 games scored (5.75) per game                Runs allowed     33     (2.75)

BC 111 runs in 12 games   (9.25) per game                                              Runs allowed      31      (2.58) per game

Silsbee    116  in 12 games  (9.66) per game                                             Runs allowed     42       (3.5) per game

BC   95 runs in 12 games   (7.9) per game                                                Runs allowed     37        (3.08) per game

Silsbee   86 runs in 12 games   (7.16) per game                                        Runs allowed     34       (2.83) per game 

Rake1

What about the best hitters?

It's all relevant.

Defensively it's not on the same stratosphere. The amount of unearned runs in HS is way greater than the pros. This should lead to higher scores in HS games.

No I do not have data to back this up, but I guarantee its true.

A Sac bunt is what it is. A sacrificed at bat to move the runner closer to scoring for the next hitter.
If you don't get it down its because you walked or didn't do your job. Period.
It's not always easy to do but when called upon, it can change the game.
Point in fact:
Jasper vs BC - 2007?
Jasper bunted and stole their way right into a state title.

Definitely what I meant was I don't want to count them when I say I haven't like the at bats I have seen. Sure missed attempts can be considered a poor at bat but what I am talking about are at bats where that isn't part of it. A sacrifice is a very big part of baseball and many games are won or lost by them.

Don't forget you only have 3 kids with varsity experience in the line up.  Cash did a great job of making pitches when he had to; how many times did he get way behind in the count and come back to get the strike out.  The mental part of the game...  understanding that a 3-0 count is not a guaranteed walk is a difficult adjustment to make.  Some of these inexperienced kids, have not made that adjustment, yet.  The swings are for the most part good, well coached.  The mental part will come!  The experience of playing at this level this early will pay huge dividends later!!

Exactly they are young, they will get better. Lots of things to learn yet even if they are ahead of expectations.

A chance to "out stat" you..... B)  :D  ;)

BC 79 runs in 12 games  (6.5) per game                                                    Runs allowed     7       (.58)
Silsbee 46 runs and I only had 8 games scored (5.75) per game                Runs allowed     33     (2.75)

BC 111 runs in 12 games   (9.25) per game                                              Runs allowed      31      (2.58) per game
Silsbee    116  in 12 games  (9.66) per game                                             Runs allowed     42       (3.5) per game

BC   95 runs in 12 games   (7.9) per game                                                Runs allowed     37        (3.08) per game
Silsbee   86 runs in 12 games   (7.16) per game                                        Runs allowed     34       (2.83) per game 

Rake1

Looks like the offense is down. Now are the pitchers that much better or has the hitting dropped off?