2016 recruiting thread.

king

You should start a blog.  Fat Ketch and Chimp make a killing pumping sunshine.  You are missing out on your $9.95 per month 

​No kidding.  You make as much money from obsessed Ags like PM19 who can't help themselves to see what Daddy is doing.  Of course, you could also start a "sunshine pumping" site for aggy fans.  Those chumps have been buying this stuff their entire lives with no championships to show for it.  Suckers...

You should start a blog.  Fat Ketch and Chimp make a killing pumping sunshine.  You are missing out on your $9.95 per month

​Mack, I respect your opinions because I think your a real football guy like me. I can't say the same for the majority of your constituents though.

I think we can agree that no matter how much how much UCLA wins that they'll never be USC. USC was down for a long while but soon as they won a couple of games they dominated California once again.

Michigan is down right now while Michigan St. is killing it. No matter how long that happens or how much they can beat Michigan though, they'll never be as good as Michigan can be at their best.

Miss St. could never be Ole Miss at their best. Same goes for Georgia and Georgia Tech. Auburn and Alabama. Oregon St. and Oregon. Oklahoma and Oklahoma St.

No matter how good A&M gets, they'll never be as good as Texas can be when they're rolling. Some things are just inherent.  

Coog02,

So it is your belief that no matter how much things change they always stay the same!  Interesting - Look nobody specially me is saying or has ever said that Texas was going to fade into oblivion like the anti-Aggie crowd seems to think will happen to the Aggie's (likewise with TCU and Baylor) all I have said is the state is now split and that will not change overnight and even if Sumlin were to depart for any reason.  Do I think that A&M is guaranteed a top 10 class every year - NO they will have to work hard to keep the edge they currently have.  But regardless of if Texas fans like it, admit it or even accept it the SEC is a big deal in attracting the top recruits into considering your school.   

Texas is Texas and will be a force to be reckoned with in the great State of Texas - they just are not longer the only team on the podium and I believe that is not likely to change soon.

And your concern about A&M QB's it touching but I really think you need to be more concerned about your (Texas) QB play at this time!

Edited by OldTimer

Coog02,

So it is your belief that no matter how much things change they always stay the same!  Interesting - Look nobody specially me is saying or has ever said that Texas was going to fade into oblivion like the anti-Aggie crowd seems to think will happen to the Aggie's (likewise with TCU and Baylor) all I have said is the state is now split and that will not change overnight and even if Sumlin were to depart for any reason.  Do I think that A&M is guaranteed a top 10 class every year - NO they will have to work hard to keep the edge they currently have.  But regardless of if Texas fans like it, admit it or even accept it the SEC is a big deal in attracting the top recruits into considering your school.   

Texas is Texas and will be a force to be reckoned with in the great State of Texas - they just are not longer the only team on the podium and I believe that is not likely to change soon.

And your concern about A&M QB's it touching but I really think you need to be more concerned about your (Texas) QB play at this time!

For the most part your first sentence is correct. I don't think Aggie will fade into oblivion but I think they're a 6-8 win program on average in the SEC west. I was just saying you won't be pulling guys like Speedy Noil away from LSU or Alabama after recruits keep watching you lose to them. A&M was and sort of still is hot right now so you get an influx of commits you would've normally not gotten and never have gotten before. The further away you get from Johnny Football and the more the L's start to pile up, the more the recruits start to see your program like Arkansas or Miss St. meaning they can be good at times but on average they'll be towards the bottom. If it happened to Texas, Florida and Michigan, all programs who crush A&M in terms of national prowess, it could surely happen to Ag. 

Very few of the kids A&M recruit grow up Aggie fans versus Texas where almost every kid they recruit grew up a fan. That carries weight when your program is in a rough spot which is why Texas can still get big time players after down years, that's never happened at A&M. 

I'm not concerned with Ag's ab situation at all. I'm just letting you know in Sumlin's qb-centric offense that Kyle Allen is going to struggle against the pass rush and he doesn't have a very good running game to lean on and help him through tough spots. 

You'll see what happens mean by late October. 

Let's Ride!

This is the hidden content, please

I'm a Texas fan and my son wants to play receiver at UT just like Dickson probably will. I know he's rated high so the expectations come with it, but those should probably be tempered a bit. Quan Crosby is probably his ceiling. I hope I'm wrong though. 

Tyrie Cleveland and Devin Duvernay are the two prize receivers in the state this year IMO. 

Edited by coog02

I'm a Texas fan and my son wants to play receiver at UT just like Dickson probably will. I know he's rated high so the expectations come with it, but those should probably be tempered a bit. Quan Crosby is probably his ceiling. I hope I'm wrong though. 

Tyrie Cleveland and Devin Duvernay are the two prize receivers in the state this year IMO. 

​will be interesting to see if he follows Sterling-cole to wherever he goes. 

• 4 months later...

@TomVH: ESPN300 ATH/QB Tristen Wallace says he has flipped from Ohio State to Oregon. 

@JHopkins247: #Quaaaack - #GoDucks land commitment from 4-Star QB/ATH Tristen Wallace - Huge Day for #Oregon  

@si_ncaafb: Four-star QB Seth Green flips commitment from Oregon to Minnesota:

Lmao!  Im wondering if he will transfer back to his real HS in Minnesota before the school year is up.…… great job on recruiting him Allen HS!