2016 recruiting thread.

king

3 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Lets not speculate on that like that. Maybe it was just his decision....

Sorry for the assumptions. It's just odd decommitting from a D-1 school and going the JC route. Maybe he wants to put on some weight and try for a better, bigger school. Who knows. Again, good luck J Carr.

Well I talked to Justin a while ago and I could not respect a high school player more right now than what I do for Carr. The story will be up on panews.com here in a bit. 

As I wrote last Sunday, remember...these are high school kids making very adult decisions and it is the one time they make the call where they play. 

13 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Well I talked to Justin a while ago and I could not respect a high school player more right now than what I do for Carr. The story will be up on panews.com here in a bit. 

As I wrote last Sunday, remember...these are high school kids making very adult decisions and it is the one time they make the call where they play. 

Interested in seeing the story. It sounds like it must not mesh with what I'm hearing. Please update when it's available.

As a dad that went through a recruiting period with my son - only a 2 Star - but still recruited by LA. Tech and some other smaller D1 schools - I can tell you I feel for these 17 and 18 year olds that are making one of the most important decisions on their future and the pressure that the coaches and recruiters put on them is immense.  Many I feel make the wrong decision for them but the way the NCAA is it is hard to change without a major penalty.  

11 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

As a dad that went through a recruiting period with my son - only a 2 Star - but still recruited by LA. Tech and some other smaller D1 schools - I can tell you I feel for these 17 and 18 year olds that are making one of the most important decisions on their future and the pressure that the coaches and recruiters put on them is immense.  Many I feel make the wrong decision for them but the way the NCAA is it is hard to change without a major penalty.  

Very stressful, especially for kids that have been told their whole life to never tell adults no and to respect their elders. I don't fault the college coaches at all btw. It's a flawed process created by the NCAA that pays a LOT of grown men that work for them LOTS of money. They have no incentive to make it better.