Dayton Past/Present

liltex

Wishbone.....nuff'said

Please no wishbone !!!

Offensive scheme is definitely not the problem. Playcalling and not knowing your personnel until Week 12? Well, maybe. 

The defensive guru defensive playcaller has to put his D in position to stop ppl, whatever scheme helps with that issue. 

You are correct Mr. liltex.  He has transferred to Lamar and is the starting center so far this Spring.  We went to his scrimmage last Saturday and will be attending the scrimmage tomorrow as well as the Spring Game on March 7.  He still has 3 years of eligibility left and we are looking forward to watching all of his games.  Being from Port Arthur and a graduate of Lamar this is very exciting for me and my family.  Lots of family anxious to watch him play for Big Red.

It's good to be back on the forum. I will be checking in on the High School forum as I can but hopefully we can get a good Lamar thread going on the College forum.

Todd Oubre

Interestingly enough, some would argue that Neumann came closer to winning it all than Stewart with those few inches in the regional final against Bay City.

Does he have a higher winning percentage? Does he have a higher playoff winning percentage? Has he been to the title game even though he's had more chances? Has he ever win 63-0? I fully stand behind my original post/s. You can repost it if you would like because I was just about to.

And no, I'm not a politician but some of the older conservative guys do call me Little Obama for they way I hold court in the lunch room.

• 1 month later...
Mann helps with the kids. But the the parents need to do there part too. I sent about 10 emails a day for a couple for months till I started getting reply. But I do think its a shame no Dayton kids are going to the next (that I have heard of) I hope I am wrong on that

• 4 weeks later...

More than likely the Coaches son "Hancock"- I personally couldn't tell you if he's the best QB  choice or not,but to his defense he does have good skills maybe a ittle small though - I would like to see the JV kid from Liberty (which will play WR) wildcat it just like Mcbride did last year , he is a frankenstein version of McBride(big &fast) will be fun to watch !

Does he have a higher winning percentage? Does he have a higher playoff winning percentage? Has he been to the title game even though he's had more chances? Has he ever win 63-0? I fully stand behind my original post/s. You can repost it if you would like because I was just about to.

And no, I'm not a politician but some of the older conservative guys do call me Little Obama for they way I hold court in the lunch room.

Not sure what the argument is here... A coach a team does not make...  tradition counts for something and Ned has that. Ned has had the head-to-head advantage vs. Dayton since WWII no matter how you try to skew your stats and Dayton has never beaten Nederland in the playoffs and that's what really counts. Dayton is also 0-3 against lil' ole WO-S since 1996 as well so things are just fine east of the river.

Ned vs Dayton (Ned leads 4-0 in playoff games, Ned leads 6-4 since 1996, Ned leads 12-4 since 1939, Ned leads 12-7 All-Time )

1930 Dayton 66 - Ned 0

1932 Dayton 6 - Ned 0

1934 Dayton 20 - Ned 6

1939 Ned 13 - Dayton 7

1941 Ned 13 - Dayton 0

1942 Ned 14 - Dayton 0

1942 Ned 35 - Dayton 13 (Bi-District)

1992 Ned 20 - Dayton 14

1993 Ned 42 - Dayton 7

1997 Ned 31 - Dayton 0 (Bi-District)

1998 Dayton 10 - Ned 9

1999 Ned 35 - Dayton 0

2000 Ned 21 - Dayton 0

2001 Ned 14 - Dayton 9

2004 Ned 49 - Dayton 14 (Bi-District)

2006 Dayton 35 - Ned 7

2007 Dayton 63 - Ned 0

2012 Ned 21 - Dayton 7 (Bi-District)

2014 Dayton 41 - Ned 22

Not sure what the argument is here... A coach a team does not make... tradition counts for something and Ned has that. Ned has had the head-to-head advantage vs. Dayton since WWII no matter how you try to skew your stats and Dayton has never beaten Nederland in the playoffs and that's what really counts. Dayton is also 0-3 against lil' ole WO-S since 1996 as well so things are just fine east of the river.

Ned vs Dayton (Ned leads 4-0 in playoff games, Ned leads 6-4 since 1996, Ned leads 12-4 since 1939, Ned leads 12-7 All-Time )

1930 Dayton 66 - Ned 0
1932 Dayton 6 - Ned 0
1934 Dayton 20 - Ned 6
1939 Ned 13 - Dayton 7
1941 Ned 13 - Dayton 0
1942 Ned 14 - Dayton 0
1942 Ned 35 - Dayton 13 (Bi-District)
1992 Ned 20 - Dayton 14
1993 Ned 42 - Dayton 7
1997 Ned 31 - Dayton 0 (Bi-District)
1998 Dayton 10 - Ned 9
1999 Ned 35 - Dayton 0
2000 Ned 21 - Dayton 0
2001 Ned 14 - Dayton 9
2004 Ned 49 - Dayton 14 (Bi-District)
2006 Dayton 35 - Ned 7
2007 Dayton 63 - Ned 0
2012 Ned 21 - Dayton 7 (Bi-District)
2014 Dayton 41 - Ned 22

Did you just make a post and reference World War II? That's exactly why your district is 2-10 against ours the last few years in the playoffs and 3-17 over all against us. I wasn't talking about tradition, I was talking about the programs under Stewart and Neumann. By the way, all that tradition has gotten you against Crosby is one win against 2 playoff losses, one blowout and another 5 point regular season loss. Y'all care about all your tradition, it means nothing to the kids that will come in and steamroll y'all this August.

Your post sums up the majority of thinking in SETX IMO; more loyal to your past than you are to your future. Meanwhile, west of the river. . .

@TheOldCoach: The Crosby Cougars have their eyes on a state title in 2015. Preview on the site! http://t.co/suxorSUnTJ @Thamannjr http://t.co/sh6gks7Rkm

What new facilities will Dayton get? New Elementary? Parking lot at Bronco Stadium with a locker room?

The new elementary (one of 2) going in on the west end of the stadium will likely provide some extra parking. The old lockers rooms at Nottingham (east end of stadium) are going to be revamped last I heard. The track is supposed to be resurfaced as well. It resembles a patchwork quilt at the moment.

The new elementary (one of 2) going in on the west end of the stadium will likely provide some extra parking. The old lockers rooms at Nottingham (east end of stadium) are going to be revamped last I heard. The track is supposed to be resurfaced as well. It resembles a patchwork quilt at the moment.

Dayton is still growing I see. Liberty will drop down to 3A soon.