Dayton Past/Present

liltex

I figured you would try to fit the stats to your argument when they didn't work out for you the first time , since that wasn't your original statement. Here it is in case you forgot. Also, you left of about 60 wins for Neumann. (accidentally i am sure. ) :)

Wait a minute, it didn't work the first time but Stewart still had a higher winning percentage in the regular season and the playoffs with less games coached but it didn't work? Huh,lol? The record I posted was during the exact same time period Stew coached Dayton and Neumann was coaching Ned, how am I using stats to make that argument? I said he wasn't quite on Stewart's level, the information you posted AND what I posted proved that. I hope you're not hanging your hat on the 2-0 vs Stew in the playoffs because Neumann is 0-2 vs Flannigan, so that point would be moot. Where's my fallacy?

And again, what are green-eyed glasses? Crosby's colors are red and white.

Wait a minute, it didn't work the first time but Stewart still had a higher winning percentage in the regular season and the playoffs with less games coached but it didn't work? Huh,lol? The record I posted was during the exact same time period Stew coached Dayton and Neumann was coaching Ned, how am I using stats to make that argument? I said he wasn't quite on Stewart's level, the information you posted AND what I posted proved that. I hope you're not hanging your hat on the 2-0 vs Stew in the playoffs because Neumann is 0-2 vs Flannigan, so that point would be moot. Where's my fallacy?

And again, what are green-eyed glasses? Crosby's colors are red and white.

You stated that Neumann would never be on the same level as Stewart. You didn't say " while he coached at Dayton". When I showed that statistically they were very close (.008 difference) then you complained that I was using the wrong stats and modified your argument to fit the stats you wanted. That is your flawed argument.

You stated that Neumann would never be on the same level as Stewart. You didn't say " while he coached at Dayton". When I showed that statistically they were very close (.008 difference) then you complained that I was using the wrong stats and modified your argument to fit the stats you wanted. That is your flawed argument.

My argument was always what the two coaches did at Dayton and Nederland. Expand it over their while careers though. So the flaw is when I say "he wasn't quite on his level", you posted something that showed he wasn't on his level but CLOSE, still not THERE, but CLOSE. So my flaw is being right with my original statement?

And yet again, what are green-eyed glasses and green-eyed monster. I showed a couple oft co-workers and they can't figure it out either?

My argument was always what the two coaches did at Dayton and Nederland. Expand it over their while careers though. So the flaw is when I say "he wasn't quite on his level", you posted something that showed he wasn't on his level but CLOSE, still not THERE, but CLOSE. So my flaw is being right with my original statement?

And yet again, what are green-eyed glasses and green-eyed monster. I showed a couple oft co-workers and they can't figure it out either?

No, you said "I don't think Neumann ever has or will reach Stewart's level"  do I need to repost your quote again for you or will you keep modifying your statement?  Your not a politician are you??

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=green-eyed+monster
Couldn't find anything for glasses, #stumped

Appreciate that Cal. So I guess he was saying that I was somehow jealous of Ned who we're 4-1 against all-time, knocked out of the playoff both times we faced them, and have a better coach than? Not to mention better everything else too in recent history? He has to be talking about the 1957 or '58 title they won is all I can think of? Surely he's not talking about the program's currently?

No, you said "I don't think Neumann ever has or will reach Stewart's level"  do I need to repost your quote again for you or will you keep modifying your statement?  Your not a politician are you??

Does he have a higher winning percentage? Does he have a higher playoff winning percentage? Has he been to the title game even though he's had more chances? Has he ever win 63-0? I fully stand behind my original post/s. You can repost it if you would like because I was just about to.

And no, I'm not a politician but some of the older conservative guys do call me Little Obama for they way I hold court in the lunch room.

Does he have a higher winning percentage? Does he have a higher playoff winning percentage? Has he been to the title game even though he's had more chances? Has he ever win 63-0? I fully stand behind my original post/s. You can repost it if you would like because I was just about to.

And no, I'm not a politician but some of the older conservative guys do call me Little Obama for they way I hold court in the lunch room.

I never stated that Neumann was better, I am just refuting your statement that he "ever has or ever will reach Stewarts level".  If you want to say by a few hundreths of a percentage point he hasn't , fine.  but that will change.   Neumann hasn't been to a title game, but getting spanked in one isn't exactly a big selling point either. 

I never stated that Neumann was better, I am just refuting your statement that he "ever has or ever will reach Stewarts level".  If you want to say by a few hundreths of a percentage point he hasn't , fine.  but that will change.   Neumann hasn't been to a title game, but getting spanked in one isn't exactly a big selling point either.

So we're clear that he hasn't reached Stew's level yet. Are you saying Nederland will make a title game or either raise their playoff win percentage before Neumann retires which would mean quite a few more third round appearances coming up? I really don't think its fair to take his overall win percentage due to the fact that the losses won't count as much as Stew's did because he coached less games. Before you answer, remember Riordan has an .838 win percentage in his time as a head coach.

I thought Dayton and Crosby were bitter rivals?  Kinda strange seeing a Crosby person defend Dayton.

Bitter isn't close to strong enough of a word. You give credit where it's due though. The vitriol lasts until bi-district starts, after that we buy tickets to each other's playoff games like we have for the last 30 combined years.

Ned and PNG may be a bigger game and have a bigger following but the Crosby vs Dayton game probably means more at this point.

Neumann and Stewart both great coaches !  It would be disingenuous to compare the two and their accomplishments they both achieved success through hard work ,dedication and had the ability to inspire their kids to do the same. That was the past for Dayton but the present is what I'm concerned with. We have had a stand in coach for 4 yrs  that has shown he's inadequate for the job and thinks he's untouchable because he plays favorites  and has the full backing of the A.D.  

That 3-4 was ugly to watch= twice last,nxtlast,3rd defense,gave up a dist championship to tha ant mound,and had to have help last yr.from Price @King to whip da Ant Mound to grab last playoff spot

I guess we know who really was calling the defensive plays a few years ago ;)