Texas going after Oregon Duck Commit

dimlaws

Central DB Pj Locke just received offer from Texas

Jamile Johnson, the safety from SOC, just decommitted from a Texas opening a spot up. Johnson has a little more range than Locke but I think Locke is a better overall defender anyway. He could be part of the best defensive class any Texas school has ever signed. There could be 4 first round picks from that defensive class. Texas is just a Mack truck away from making that happen.

Reports are he has flipped to Texas

I just saw they confirmed it on Burnt Orange Nation. Closer to home and better defensive coaching. He's part of what's now probably the best class of Dbs any Texas school has ever signed. Texas is now also in the running for 4 star DB Marcus Lewis. Charlie is ridiculous coming off a 6-7 season, had he signed Mack the NCAA might have been in town, lol.

I know is Whaley is considered to be one of the heaviest A&M leans in the 2016 class but I wonder if that puts Texas in play for him also now?

REPORTS???
Nobody REPORTS anymore.
You read that on the internet it has to be true!

I'm reading that DMack is going to the moon on an unofficial visit before he commits to any of the teams that are not on his list. Big shakeup, as he might go to Moon U before all is said and done.
😜

How is commiting to one of the premier football programs in the country four hours from home and with a new HC that builds character first and defenses second a bad move? Strong will prepare these kids for life after football and along the way turn many of these kids into legitimate NFL prospects on the defensive side of the ball. Remember all the great DBs, LBs and DEs from Florida's hey day! Wasnt the first or second Safety in last years draft a Louisville guy?

How is commiting to one of the premier football programs in the country four hours from home and with a new HC that builds character first and defenses second a bad move? Strong will prepare these kids for life after football and along the way turn many of these kids into legitimate NFL prospects on the defensive side of the ball. Remember all the great DBs, LBs and DEs from Florida's hey day! Wasnt the first or second Safety in last years draft a Louisville guy?

+1. 

Rather it was Oregon or Texas its a great move on his part. Obviously cant please everyone, is what it is. 

Bad choice IMO Texas only offered because the kid from SOC decommitted however he gets to stay in Texas and play for a prestigious program so congrats PJ!

To be fair though, probably half of the recruiting class a school signs is filled with kids that weren't their first choice. I think it's a testament to Locke that he's willing Togo to a place and compete that already has two of the top 20 safties in the country signed. That Texas degree probably carries a little more weight down here than that Oregon degree does with employers too. Good for him.