Not A Band Wagon Guy.... I Am Beauumont Through And Through!!!

Mr Davis

I AM TOTALLY SOLD ON WHAT A CLASS ACT JOB THAT WOS HAS DONE!!! D. THOMPSON BROUGHT ME TO TEARS WITH THE WAY HE FOUGHT THROUGH THE PRESS CONFERENCE. DO NOT HANG YOUR HEAD YOUNG MAN, YOU HAVE MADE "THE FRUIT" PROUD AND ALL OF SOUTHEAST TEXAS ARE GLAD TO SAY THAT YOU ARE FROM HERE!!! TO THE WAY THAT COACH CORNEL THOMPSON PREPARED THOSE YOUNG MEN TO FIRST GET ALL THE WAY TO STATE AND ONLY A HALF FROM BRINGING THAT TROPHY BACK TO "THE FRUIT" IS REMARKABLE!!! ALSO, TO THE CLASS ACT FRUIT NATIVE #29 EARL THOMAS PROVIDING TRANSPORTATION FOR THOSE THAT NEEDED THAT RIDE TO SUPPORT THOSE MUSTANGS!!! I THINK THAT BEAUMONT NEEDS TO PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITH HAVING ALL OF THERE TALENT AT ONE SCHOOL!!! BEAUMONT WILL NEVER BE A ONE SCHOOL CITY BUT WE NEED TO RETHINK WHAT WE ARE DOING WITH SPREADING THE TALENT SO THIN!!! ONE AND DONE IS ALL WE WILL EVER BE, CONSISTENTLY!!! MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU WEST ORANGE STARK!!!

Maybe not all the talent at one school as that would be illegal in UIL rules, but BISD should decide that if you go to middle school X you will go to HS X and so on. Gives the coaches feeder programs to develop talent earlier. And pay a good coach. Cut the crap about equal pay for all three coaches.

I agree with this statement!!!

Maybe not all the talent at one school as that would be illegal in UIL rules, but BISD should decide that if you go to middle school X you will go to HS X and so on. Gives the coaches feeder programs to develop talent earlier. And pay a good coach. Cut the crap about equal pay for all three coaches.

I so agree with this. Feeder programs are honestly not consistently present in Beaumont. Too much flexibility. It's almost like college where you have to go out and "recruit" players instead of having the opportunity to develop them from the middle school level.

And I've thought about merging Ozen and Central into a new school with a fresh, new name and mascot. It might create a fresh and much needed renewed sense of pride and passion along with having one heck of a lot of talent and depth in every sports program. The problem wouldn't be the talent....it would be the leadership. From the administration to the AD to the HC on down it would have to be flawless.

Robanadana on the contrary the kids is all we're thinking about. I started the thread with saying that Beaumont would never be a one school city. Cut it down to 2 and pay the great coaches that have the winning capabilites and the know how to sell his kids to the next level the money that it will take to keep him here. One thing Beaumont would've had not to worry about is kids going both ways and getting tired. We have kids that are being overlooked and politics are sitting them on the sidelines. I watched a kid get 6 sacks in just 3 quarters of the first 2 games and was simply pushed off to the side. I will not say anymore because I am going to take the high road and just make sure that mine do not get swept out the door like a piece of trash. The time to fix this is now with more and more kids being left to the streets with no education. Doom is emanate!!!

Mr. Davis, I understand what your saying but I think the solution is smaller schools, not bigger. More kids get to participate in smaller schools...6A schools there are more kids competing for the same position...a lot get left out. I don't have a solution for the problems in Beaumont but I do feel extremely bad for the kids.

I think the problem is that they don't get to develop there talent or get kids to learn a certain system because they essentially get to choose there HS no matter what. At WOS they are brought up through little league and Jr High knowing what to expect when they get to HS. If Beaumont could find a way to say if you go to X middle school you go to X HS then that would solve a lot of problems. Kids could get ready and prepare for what is ahead and coaches don't have to worry about losing kids to other schools.