WOS Mustangs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

tennisbc

OK, I remember reading about that. Forgot he was a Gilmer kid.

We also have a motto for one of our fallen soldiers. 

112%

Reggie Garrett was our QB in 2010. He threw a TD pass against our arch-rival Jasper, ran off the field and fell dead. Also an incredible leader and person. In games he kept an arm band that had 112% on it because he was number 12 and always gave 112% in everything in life. That's become our team and school motto.

If we can run the ball and eat clock, then our D will be rested and will handle them. But, if our running game stalls it's gonna be shootout time. Even playing well our D could give up 3-4 TD's against a high scoring team such as Gilmer .I'm thinking we will need 35 points to win it.

We are going to have to mix it up, 92. They have a decent run defense. 

OK, I remember reading about that. Forgot he was a Gilmer kid.

We also have a motto for one of our fallen soldiers. 

112%

Reggie Garrett was our QB in 2010. He threw a TD pass against our arch-rival Jasper, ran off the field and fell dead. Also an incredible leader and person. In games he kept an arm band that had 112% on it because he was number 12 and always gave 112% in everything in life. That's become our team and school motto.

yes I was on the Downlow when Reggie tragically passed away. We were told lots of good stories about him. Those are life lessons that you do not forget. Its good that the WOS nation has not forgotten Reggie!!

Losteraussie very sorry for yalls loss! We know how tragic and devastating that is! Kuddos to gilmer for playing how they are this year, after a loss like that! This should be a great matchup with athletes across the board for both teams! Honestly we can throw stats and records out the window now! We're both 0-0 going for the only win that matters!!!! I truly believe the team that WANTS it more will get the W!!! Should be a great one!

Few quick stats on the Buckeyes

Points 902 2nd all- time Texas Football history to Aledos 1023 in 2013. We will end up 2nd. Not gonna catch that record.

Rushing yards 3745
Passing yards 4453
Total 8198. I read yesterday that we are 455 yards shy of National high school record for most yards in a season......I have NOT been able to confirm this.

Actually, most of Gilmers big plays come from screens and runs by their RB #21 and out of the "Wildcat" with #9. Some deep passes but not many. Gilmer doesn't throw as much as some may think. Only 13 times in the win over Celina with the majority of those being screens.
[/quote]

Actually, most of Gilmers big plays come from screens and runs by their RB #21 and out of the "Wildcat" with #9. Some deep passes but not many. Gilmer doesn't throw as much as some may think. Only 13 times in the win over Celina with the majority of those being scgood smart coaching can teach there kids how to read screen pass.it takes more time to set it up and if the qb gets hit from the back side its going to hurt

Few quick stats on the Buckeyes

Points 902 2nd all- time Texas Football history to Aledos 1023 in 2013. We will end up 2nd. Not gonna catch that record.

Rushing yards 3745
Passing yards 4453
Total 8198. I read yesterday that we are 455 yards shy of National high school record for most yards in a season......I have NOT been able to confirm this.

What does this have to do with Friday @noon 12/19/14.....

losteraussie at the end of the day NEWTON and WO-S is still playing shows what kind of opponent we play.

I don't disagree with you. I know full well the triumphs an tradition of Newton. I wish we had a little more competition earlier.......but Daingerfield was down and I mean way down. Tatum was about as inconsistent as they could be. Carthage tried hard but were mismatched. They still went a couple rounds deep. Liberty Eylau went 4 rounds and took Argyle to the brink of elimination. From the outside it looks like we played a week schedule and to some part I will agree with that. But what we did was take some very tradition rich schools and beat them senseless. You can't take that away from us.

the way i see GILMER # 1 BIG PLAY TEAM LOVE TO TAKE YOU OUT OF YOUR GAME PLAN EARLY.
#2 THERE OL WILL DO ALL THEY CAN TO KEEP TEAMS OUT OF THERE BACK FIELD (LOTS OF HOLDING BUT THEY GET AWAY WITH IT).
#3.OUTSTANDING PLAYERS WITHS SPEED # 6 QB STRONG ARM #21 BOYD RB GOOD SPEED # 9 LYNCE WR GOOD MOVES TO GET OPEN A FAV TARGET FOR FLUELLEN THE QB. THEN THERE IS# 7 JOHNSON RB GOOD SPEED THEN THERE COMES # 19 SMITH WR VERY GOOD HANDS AND MOVES. NOW TO END THIS STORY THE (KEY) THE COACHING STAFF OF GILMER WORKS VERY HARD WITH THERE (OL PLAY) THIS IS WHY THEY ARE # 1. CAN WO-S OUT WITT GILMER

Wow skipper you seem almost in love. Lol. If you like I think my cousin can get you to meet some of those AWSOME gilmer players. JK.

I agree Gun, discrediting the Buckeyes doesn't make them any less good. They are in the title game and are about to go down as scoring the 2nd most points in a season in TX history. We need to look at this as an opportunity to make our place in history by being the only team to beat that team... :)

Good? Yes. Unbeatable? No way.

Skip, I don't think we understand what you mean when you say 5 wins. Could you ask the question a little different maybe? I thought their only close game this year was Gladewater and they had way more than 5 wins.

kicker find the teams gilmer has played this year and see who has won over 5 games this season i see only two

Your talking about regular season only correct?

he may be right. Talking about schedules has my head spinning. Like I said earlier, some teams we beat sideways went several rounds deep. At this point I suppose it doesn't matter. I could have come on here and said you guys lost to a 3a team.....but I know what Newton brings to the table, year in and year out