WOS Mustangs vs Gilmer Buckeyes

tennisbc

WOSGRAD84

I appreciate you wisdom, and advice to this team. I think you are on to something in your statement. I have a question. How are referees picked to officiate a state game? Are they pick from the Austin area, Dallas area, or from through-out the State of Texas?

if I understood coach t correctly they are given a choice of several groups then both teams have to sign off on who is selected. Coach made an error in judgement when he gave the crew who officiated the hj game a second chance one that he will not make again. As far as the state game I'm not sure where the crews are from. They are probably chosen from assessment reports from coaches around the state.

Posted Today, 01:42 AM

Ladybug33, on 14 Dec 2014 - 2:47 PM, said:snapback.png

WOSGRAD84

I appreciate you wisdom, and advice to this team. I think you are on to something in your statement. I have a question. How are referees picked to officiate a state game? Are they pick from the Austin area, Dallas area, or from through-out the State of Texas?

if I understood coach t correctly they are given a choice of several groups then both teams have to sign off on who is selected. Coach made an error in judgement when he gave the crew who officiated the hj game a second chance one that he will not make again. As far as the state game I'm not sure where the crews are from. They are probably chosen from assessment reports from coaches around the state. 

That's very believable, The assessment reports gives us a very good chance of having fair refs. Thanks for your feedback :)

Everybody says how big and bad Gilmer is (They are good or they would'nt be playing for a State Title)... I believe Coach T has always said that their opponents can only play 11 players at at time and you can bet that the 11 players for WOS will be ready to play!

Just like the Celina game wos wore them out by the end. The punt return by DT was a game changer for sure. Once Celina realized they were gonna lose they started to get a little chippy at the end.

Gilmer big plays their opponents and if WOS can stop those big plays then it should be a good game. If my memory serves me correct that's how Gilmer beat WOS the first time.

WOS will win this one. I believe WOS secondary is going to be to quick for Gilmer. D-line will be quick and aggressive and once they hit that QB a couple good times he will be gun shy.

Everybody says how big and bad Gilmer is (They are good or they would'nt be playing for a State Title)... I believe Coach T has always said that their opponents can only play 11 players at at time and you can bet that the 11 players for WOS will be ready to play!

Just like the Celina game wos wore them out by the end. The punt return by DT was a game changer for sure. Once Celina realized they were gonna lose they started to get a little chippy at the end.

Gilmer big plays their opponents and if WOS can stop those big plays then it should be a good game. If my memory serves me correct that's how Gilmer beat WOS the first time.

WOS will win this one. I believe WOS secondary is going to be to quick for Gilmer. D-line will be quick and aggressive and once they hit that QB a couple good times he will be gun shy.

I think you mean Sinton, not Celina, but yes. I believe they will try to go deep right off the bat. looking for the big play. If we can 3 and out them on their first 2 possessions, I believe they get a little frustrated and could make mistakes trying to force it.

the way i see GILMER # 1 BIG PLAY TEAM LOVE TO TAKE YOU OUT OF YOUR GAME PLAN EARLY.
#2 THERE OL WILL DO ALL THEY CAN TO KEEP TEAMS OUT OF THERE BACK FIELD (LOTS OF HOLDING BUT THEY GET AWAY WITH IT).
#3.OUTSTANDING PLAYERS WITHS SPEED # 6 QB STRONG ARM #21 BOYD RB GOOD SPEED # 9 LYNCE WR GOOD MOVES TO GET OPEN A FAV TARGET FOR FLUELLEN THE QB. THEN THERE IS# 7 JOHNSON RB GOOD SPEED THEN THERE COMES # 19 SMITH WR VERY GOOD HANDS AND MOVES. NOW TO END THIS STORY THE (KEY) THE COACHING STAFF OF GILMER WORKS VERY HARD WITH THERE (OL PLAY) THIS IS WHY THEY ARE # 1. CAN WO-S OUT WITT GILMER

It's all about the match ups...

I know this is a silly statement, but I hope both teams play like the have been playing.  With Gilmer pushing full throttle and WOS smothering offenses.  Can the Gilmer Oline withstand the speed and physicality of the WOS Dline?  Can the Gilmer WRs get enough separation from the WOS DBs?  Can the Gilmer DBs press and cover the WOS WRS?  Can anyone stop #32?!!  Is it Friday yet?  Glad this is the first game of the day!  

I didn't see any of our kids get chippy.  We had one personal foul call and that was a late hit and that player got an earful.   Our coach does not put up with that kind of stuff. 

just watched the on GLADEWATER vs GILMER GLADEWATER look like they tried to stall for time instead of trying to score and put the game away. IF GLADEWATER score td or a field goal GILMER LOSES. WO-S by a td.

that's like saying if wos had scored more points they would have beat Newton. Gladewater had a dang fine team. They in the end, could POTENTIALLY be the best team we face. At the end of the day.......we are playing football and they are wishing they were.

I think you mean Sinton, not Celina, but yes. I believe they will try to go deep right off the bat. looking for the big play. If we can 3 and out them on their first 2 possessions, I believe they get a little frustrated and could make mistakes trying to force it.

Actually, most of Gilmers big plays come from screens and runs by their RB #21 and out of the "Wildcat" with #9. Some deep passes but not many. Gilmer doesn't throw as much as some may think. Only 13 times in the win over Celina with the majority of those being screens.

I've seen this mentioned a few times now on here and on Smoaky. Whats with the "8"?

Desmond Pollard. D1 recruit and even a better kid. Fell dead in a pickup basketball game early in the summer. Our kids have dedicated the season to Dez. They seem to play with a focus that I haven't seen in a while. Adopted team motto for 2014

DEZign8

One for ALL
ALL for 8

You will see players, coaches and fans hold up 8 fingers at start of 4th to remember Desmond