Blown HS Football Call to be Decided by Judge

kicker

They have removed Douglass OFF of probation, so they would be able to advance if the "redo" the game or part of the game and WIN. The fan has a lifetime ban, but the school is NOT on probation.

I noticed one of the options is to replay the last 1:40. Spend all that time warming up to run 2 or 3 plays. lol. Ive been in a weird situation myself. Back in '96 we had our district game with Bridge City cancelled at halftime for lightning. We came back the next day to play the second half. (BC people still say there wasnt any, lol)

Stupid rule book.  In Texas it would have cost the team 15 yards and if it occurred during the play, the TD would not count.

Even if the rule book said to negate the TD, would you throw that flag knowing the importance of the game? Looks like he just brushed him anyway. Tough call

I watched the video yesterday and it didn't even look like he touched the ref, seems to me that ref had an agenda and he was gonna make sure by all costs it was handled. 

Thats what I meant by "brushed". If you slow it down you can see his hand close to his pocket before the coach gets there. Maybe just a coincidence.

Oklahoma has a very weird system. I've lived in Oklahoma the last few years and it seems that the Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association (OSSAA) is always involved in some sort of litigation or in front of a governing body.

And it's actually BETTER now. A couple of years ago, the Oklahoma state legislature had to step in to force the OSSAA to be transparent in their procedures and decision-making. In the last year, the OSSAA has faced both a federal lawsuit and a challenge that made it to the Oklahoma Supreme Court. There was also an executive member convicted of embezzlement. Because of this they were forced to institute a number of new rules.

Which is why I find it ironic to have heard a lot of Oklahomans telling the Douglass people to "get over it". It's not like fraud is a new thing with this organization, or that people haven't been complaining that their poor kid wasn't getting a fair shot. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if this crew was just tired of hearing it from the Douglass sideline, or were just that incompetent of the rules this deep into the playoffs.

A sideline infraction called behind the play on a potentially game-winning score in the last minute of a playoff game, then the ruling was "misinterpreted" to take points off the board? Come on now. That's not a blown judgment call.

I do think it played out like it should have. Douglass should have fought (not literally) for the kids as far as they could take it. And the judge should have ruled against them. There is no way to re-enact the last minute of the game that would be fair to Locust Grove.

The OSSAA makes UIL events look like they're ran by a professional sports league.

Guest ECBucFan

I watched the video yesterday and it didn't even look like he touched the ref, seems to me that ref had an agenda and he was gonna make sure by all costs it was handled. 

Not trying to disagree, but their sideline had already been warned once before the penalty. I actually spoke to a ref yesterday about this. After a warning, he says pretty much anything will draw a flag from that point on.

I am sorry for all involved. Even LG has been much compromised through all this. All sides needs to move on as best they can. 

Not trying to disagree, but their sideline had already been warned once before the penalty. I actually spoke to a ref yesterday about this. After a warning, he says pretty much anything will draw a flag from that point on.

I am sorry for all involved. Even LG has been much compromised through all this. All sides needs to move on as best they can. 

Ahhhhh, ok that makes more sense now.