WOS Mustangs vs La Marque Cougars

tennisbc

I can't find any other strength of schedule ratings anywhere aside from maxpreps.

WO-S - 13

La Marque - 6.6

La Marque has had a cupcake season. If they were really that good, they wouldn't have allowed the numbers on defense that they did. West Orange has put up huge numbers on offense. If the LM defense is allowing points from schools that shouldn't be scoring them, they won't be able to stop West Orange. LM gave up more points, and didn't score as many as WO-S did against Hamshire. Didn't score as many against Scarborough and WO-S had their JV in the game the entire second half. I know LM probably didn't have their starters in, but I doubt the JV was on the field. I'm not saying this is going to be a blowout from the beginning, but I think WO-S has a two TD lead going into the half.

Other notable strength of schedule ratings:

HJ - 18.1

La Grange - 18.6

Tatum - 28.7

I doubt very seriously that LM is able to get in the heads of WOS players! This isn't the first time, and wont be the last time! When a team cant compete on the field they look for other ways to get the advantage! fans too!  WOS players are well coached and well disciplined when it comes to this type of atmosphere!!!! STANGS ROLL!

wasn't all that disciplined last week with all the penalties lol

I can't find any other strength of schedule ratings anywhere aside from maxpreps.

WO-S - 13

La Marque - 6.6

La Marque has had a cupcake season. If they were really that good, they wouldn't have allowed the numbers on defense that they did. West Orange has put up huge numbers on offense. If the LM defense is allowing points from schools that shouldn't be scoring them, they won't be able to stop West Orange. LM gave up more points, and didn't score as many as WO-S did against Hamshire. Didn't score as many against Scarborough and WO-S had their JV in the game the entire second half. I know LM probably didn't have their starters in, but I doubt the JV was on the field. I'm not saying this is going to be a blowout from the beginning, but I think WO-S has a two TD lead going into the half.

Other notable strength of schedule ratings:

HJ - 18.1

La Grange - 18.6

Tatum - 28.7

you can tell you are young...none of that means ANYTHING come friday. every team either play down or up to the other team. again, wos STRUGGLED with a third place team until the fourth qtr..if wos was that good, they should have blown them out before half time. see how DUMB that sounds?? i guess you are making the transition to the wos bandwagon since you already know HJ is done lol

I doubt very seriously that LM is able to get in the heads of WOS players! This isn't the first time, and wont be the last time! When a team cant compete on the field they look for other ways to get the advantage! fans too!  WOS players are well coached and well disciplined when it comes to this type of atmosphere!!!! STANGS ROLL! 

Very good post!!!

apparently you haven't been in there recently. renovations have been done and completed from IKE funds. yep there is a reason for both and this topic and board is not the place for it. i will say this. that problem ecomet burley has been sent on his way. as far as the town, it was never a place to move to get a career. why can't you understand that?? it's like moving to buna to become rich. it's not that type of place. texas city is due to the plants. lamarque does not get money from the plants. town dried up??? nope. people that moved, moved because of the last super and all the corruption he spilled all over the schools and with new jobs coming up in houston and just south of houston, places like manvel, pearland, clear lake are growing,why not move? now that you have been semi educated...move along and worry about drug infested, babies getting shot, have nothing orange.

Trust me my kids won't be going to Orange either brother. Im not from SETX. I just like to sit back and bash it from afar

LaMarky Mark will be the ones whom the Stangs get in their heads, when they are behind in the fourth watch them start making mistakes. I honestly don't think the Mice could handle HJ either. I do expect a tight game at the half with the Mighty MIce making key mistakes in the second half to break the game open for the Stangs. I do agree about the penalties however, the Stangs had better tighten that up or the Mice could give them problems.

The Giddings’s game was slow due to the rain. The field was wet, and there was a light drizzle during the 1st quarter.  They, (Giddings) was a solid team, with big beefy guys on OF line we wore them down :-) Like LaMarque, they had a speedy backfield too. Look, I am sure LaMarque will have their moments in the game when they will look like they can hang with the Stangs.  With that said, we too remember the times when LaMarque had their glory days, and beat everybody in the area; the Golden Triangle, and Houston area. Today the times have changed, HJ is a really good football team, and I would not be surprised if they follow suit, just as WOS, and win by at least 14 points.

WOS 35

LaMarque  21

you can tell you are young...none of that means ANYTHING come friday. every team either play down or up to the other team. again, wos STRUGGLED with a third place team until the fourth qtr..if wos was that good, they should have blown them out before half time. see how DUMB that sounds?? i guess you are making the transition to the wos bandwagon since you already know HJ is done lol

How else do you compare teams, then? I know none of it matters come Friday, but it gives us a look into what we can expect from the game. That's why I bring it up. And no, I'm not jumping on the West Orange bandwagon, I just support local teams in the playoffs.

Now to your playing up vs. playing down comment - La Marque didn't play up at all. Their only quality opponent faced was Texas City, and you see what happened there.

How did West Orange struggle? Wasn't there a few bad plays that kept Giddings in the game? One kick return gave Giddings their only TD in the first half. A few first half stats - (Although be warned, there are numbers here. I know you struggle with those) West Orange had 244 yards on offense, Giddings had 77. West Orange almost scored before the half, too. I know you didn't keep up with it, so it just seemed like a struggle. Giddings had ONE drive to score against West Orange early in the second half, and then were put away. They couldn't even score when they had a 14 yard field. I wasn't even there and I can see that West Orange totally controlled the game.

It's funny though. If HJ loses and WO-S beats La Marque this week, you'll still come out with, "oh it doesn't matter, they won't get past La Grange." You won't even man up and admit you were wrong, you'll just move on to your next ridiculous prediction about how a SETX team is going to get blown out by someone somewhere else. I REALLY hope HJ wins this week, because I can't wait to see the amount of crow you would have to eat. Just so you know, an HJ and WO-S win this week means you lose your bet. You still haven't eaten your share from the HJ/Bellville game. Wasn't your prediction a 28 point swing in Bellville's favor? Flat out wrong. That means you were off by what? 38 points? Yeah. Sure thing. As much as you try to avoid them, numbers don't lie.

If you've got something to say that's actually a refutation and not just mindless banter, I'd be glad to go back and forth, but if the first thing that popped into your head to say was, "SETX football sucks," then please remove yourself from the thread. I think everyone is getting tired of your constant crap talk on the programs in the area.

The Giddings’s game was slow due to the rain. The field was wet, and there was a light drizzle during the 1st quarter.  They, (Giddings) was a solid team, with big beefy guys on OF line we wore them down :-) Like LaMarque, they had a speedy backfield too. Look, I am sure LaMarque will have their moments in the game when they will look like they can hang with the Stangs.  With that said, we too remember the times when LaMarque had their glory days, and beat everybody in the area; the Golden Triangle, and Houston area. Today the times have changed, HJ is a really good football team, and I would not be surprised if they follow suit, just as WOS, and win by at least 14 points.

WOS 35

LaMarque  21

well last time wos was significant was 14 years ago, prior to and after that, they couln't get out of houston. so, what makes THIS year any different?? HJ...please, first year getting to this does not make you world beaters or state champs lol.

LaMarky Mark will be the ones whom the Stangs get in their heads, when they are behind in the fourth watch them start making mistakes. I honestly don't think the Mice could handle HJ either. I do expect a tight game at the half with the Mighty MIce making key mistakes in the second half to break the game open for the Stangs. I do agree about the penalties however, the Stangs had better tighten that up or the Mice could give them problems.

I said it when district first started, the winner of our district would be in the regional final. Whether it was West Orange or HJ.

well last time wos was significant was 14 years ago, prior to and after that, they couln't get out of houston. so, what makes THIS year any different?? HJ...please, first year getting to this does not make you world beaters or state champs lol.

Mental Toughness!!     Not just a running team. Some of your logic about the past is a little tiring.  

How else do you compare teams, then? I know none of it matters come Friday, but it gives us a look into what we can expect from the game. That's why I bring it up. And no, I'm not jumping on the West Orange bandwagon, I just support local teams in the playoffs.

Now to your playing up vs. playing down comment - La Marque didn't play up at all. Their only quality opponent faced was Texas City, and you see what happened there.

How did West Orange struggle? Wasn't there a few bad plays that kept Giddings in the game? One kick return gave Giddings their only TD in the first half. A few first half stats - (Although be warned, there are numbers here. I know you struggle with those) West Orange had 244 yards on offense, Giddings had 77. West Orange almost scored before the half, too. I know you didn't keep up with it, so it just seemed like a struggle. Giddings had ONE drive to score against West Orange early in the second half, and then were put away. They couldn't even score when they had a 14 yard field. I wasn't even there and I can see that West Orange totally controlled the game.

It's funny though. If HJ loses and WO-S beats La Marque this week, you'll still come out with, "oh it doesn't matter, they won't get past La Grange." You won't even man up and admit you were wrong, you'll just move on to your next ridiculous prediction about how a SETX team is going to get blown out by someone somewhere else. I REALLY hope HJ wins this week, because I can't wait to see the amount of crow you would have to eat. Just so you know, an HJ and WO-S win this week means you lose your bet. You still haven't eaten your share from the HJ/Bellville game. Wasn't your prediction a 28 point swing in Bellville's favor? Flat out wrong. That means you were off by what? 38 points? Yeah. Sure thing. As much as you try to avoid them, numbers don't lie.

If you've got something to say that's actually a refutation and not just mindless banter, I'd be glad to go back and forth, but if the first thing that popped into your head to say was, "SETX football sucks," then please remove yourself from the thread. I think everyone is getting tired of your constant crap talk on the programs in the area.

it does SUCK, SETX football...now how you compare teams??? strengthens and weaknesses. not because one team looked another way against this team. it's the same reason FSU is still in the top 4. i think they should be out, but they win. doesn't matter what the game "looked" like or the score, they win and find a way to win. i will say wos kicking game is better than LM. the kicker is a freshman learning how to kick. i give the nod wos qb over the LM qb. LM qb isn't bad, but wos might be a little better. running backs go to LM, but not by much. LM offensive line gets the nod over WOS. WOS linbackers get the nod over LM linebackers. WOS secondary gets the nod over LM. WR's probably even. when LM need a catch, they come through. coaching, WOS. Defensive line,i say will be a draw as well. that's how I messure two team that has never played each other.

trust me HJ will not win so my bet will be fine. oh and let it be clear as i see you do not read and comprehend. i said the programs are loaded with talent...it's the adults running the program and the adults allowing  these people to stay ruining football in that part of the state. my PAM Titans included!!

HJ made it just as far last year, so it's not the first time. No one thinks that they're world beaters, nor state champs. You just assume that's what everyone is thinking.

it does SUCK, SETX football...now how you compare teams??? strengthens and weaknesses. not because one team looked another way against this team. it's the same reason FSU is still in the top 4. i think they should be out, but they win. doesn't matter what the game "looked" like or the score, they win and find a win to win. i will say wos kicking game is better than LM. the kicker is a freshman learning how to kick. i give the nod wos qb over the LM qb. LM qb isn't bad, but wos might be a little better. running backs go to LM, but not by much. LM offensive line gets the nod over WOS. WOS linbackers get the nod over LM linebackers. WOS secondary gets the nod over LM. WR's probably even. when LM need a catch, they come through. coaching, WOS. Defensive line,i say will be a draw as well. that's how I messure two team that has never played each other.

trust me HJ will not win so my bet will be fine. oh and let it be clear as i see you do not read and comprehend. i said the programs are loaded with talent...it's the adults running the program and the adults allowing  these people to stay ruining football in that part of the state. my PAM Titans included!!

We are going to need that interpreter to be moved to full time status.