Stump out at Bridge City

From living here and seeing in day and day out, they have their man already, we just don't know who yet.  Interesting point if there is a tie between a coach and mayor, I'd like to see if that comes to fruition.  I wouldn't think that a coach would leave with his son's senior year on the horizon.  Additionally, there would be some upset parents if that happened and BC got a new QB all of a sudden. 

This is not the first time this has happened as most here can see.  "Claude Tarver's wife got a new job and wanted to move away from the area", it has a nice ring to it and sounds very peaceful in the press but if you've been told your contract won't be renewed as the AD/HC, you find a new job rather than just be a PE coach and accept the demotion.

Keep in mind that BC has also spent 2 years on pushing and pushing a Bond at the taxpayers for improvements and it failed miserably at the polls.  Rumors arose that the District was going to file suit against the "anti" group for various reasons and that can't happen either.  This is also perfect timing to shift the focus off of the Bond and now onto "A New Beginning" for Football.

They have done this a lot and it's not just Football, it just happens to be "right now".  They moved Bryant to history only and took him off the baseball field, They eased out the past HS and JR high band directors to bring in "The Dream Team" as they are called to create a new image and try to get to the State Contest.  They moved the most successful HS Choir director to JR High ESL only.  They told the HS girls soccer coach (that played college soccer) she wouldn't be coaching the next year so she left and they replaced her with an emergency certified teacher that has never kicked a ball in a real game.  She's a personal friend and BC grad so I hope she does well but has no experience.  I think you get the picture,,,

You knowm I remember back in the day when BC WAS a football powehouse. They would give WO fits very year and they were in back to back state title games. Yes, it's been awhile but BC does have the athletes. As far as a coach making the playoffs being a measuring stick for a coach, forget about it. Everyone makes playoffs these days. The measuring stick is NOT making the playoffs. The question is will a quality football coach accept a job where they are NOT the athletic director. Usually a school uses the AD job to pay a coach more. Would they be looking at an experienced coach or a young coach who could be an up and comer such as DuBois was at Vidor? I believe they would almost certainly have to hire an established coach if they can pay him enough.

With a certain style offense BC could compete again. Would the other sports be hurt by a football revival at BC pulling kids away from the other sports? BC has proved that they can lay an excellant baseball foundation at the little league level to feed their baseball program, I am sure they could with the football program also.

Good luck to Coach Stump and the BC program.

Sometimes you've got to make a move to breathe some life and new energy into a program. BC has to many athletes to be that bad.

Their district is a bear. Yes they have some good players, but other teams usually have more of those! His non-district schedule was as tough as he could get. The injuries he had to deal with are too many to mention. Lose a good player or two at a school like that and you can't compete.

BC isn't a good place for a head coach, especially since the AD position doesn't go with it. Why they need to pay for a full-time AD in that small school district is beyond me. Stump was happy doing it for almost nothing. The tax payers must love wasting money.

So many inaccuracies in this post. Sounds more like you are disgruntled because of a personal situation. Do some better research on why certain people were removed, not renewed, and why they left. Take your rose colored glasses off before you reply please. I know why you are butt hurt about things. The programs you mentioned are all in great shape doing well! Football soon will be. The soccer coach resigned to move to Kansas because her husband got transferred. Just an example you need to do better research. As far as emergency fill in. Wasn't our new soccer coach hired during the Summer? She had more than one interview for the job so to me doesn't sound like a emergency hire.

Their district is a bear. Yes they have some good players, but other teams usually have more of those! His non-district schedule was as tough as he could get. The injuries he had to deal with are too many to mention. Lose a good player or two at a school like that and you can't compete.

BC isn't a good place for a head coach, especially since the AD position doesn't go with it. Why they need to pay for a full-time AD in that small school district is beyond me. Stump was happy doing it for almost nothing. The tax payers must love wasting money.

They took the AD title from him to push him out......

They took the AD title from him to push him out......

Yes, but it seems they are still posting the head coach position only. The AD stays with his full salary. Can't see a current head coach even wanting the job; he will be better off wherever he is (unless he knows the AD job will be coming his way soon.)

It was pretty stupid to hire an AD. A waste of money in my opinion.

So many inaccuracies in this post. Sounds more like you are disgruntled because of a personal situation. Do some better research on why certain people were removed, not renewed, and why they left. Take your rose colored glasses off before you reply please. I know why you are butt hurt about things. The programs you mentioned are all in great shape doing well! Football soon will be. The soccer coach resigned to move to Kansas because her husband got transferred. Just an example you need to do better research. As far as emergency fill in. Wasn't our new soccer coach hired during the Summer? She had more than one interview for the job so to me doesn't sound like a emergency hire.

Rose colored glasses are necessary when trying to figure out where BCISD is going. People are very confused. The leadership is very puzzling. It's not at the BISD level, so I guess that's good.....

Not confusing at all. Take care of your business on and off the field you have nothing to worry about.

That's a general statement which tells us nothing useful. You must be in management. Is the next coach expected to go 9-1 with a ton of sophomores? Everyone that follows SE Texas football knows the situation BC football faces. I'm not angry about this, I have no dog in the hunt. I'm just confused as to where BCISD is going. The bond election failure is still fresh in everyone's mind and that was quite a blow. I would have liked to have seen it pass but maybe next time.

Didnt yall girls bball coach go to Lumberton before his daughters senior year?

Buddy we are talking about two different people here. Coach dubois spend 15 years at Vidor. And yes when the time was right he left for a better oppurtunity at Hardin Jefferson but if there is anything that man is it is loyal to commitments he makes. Unlike the pathetic excuse for a man who coaches at lumberton. Coach dubois has a great program brewing at HJ. He has poured sweat and time into that program. He will not leave it this soon.....

Buddy we are talking about two different people here. Coach dubois spend 15 years at Vidor. And yes when the time was right he left for a better oppurtunity at Hardin Jefferson but if there is anything that man is it is loyal to commitments he makes. Unlike the pathetic excuse for a man who coaches at lumberton. Coach dubois has a great program brewing at HJ. He has poured sweat and time into that program. He will not leave it this soon.....

Similar situation and it happened. Wouldn't be surprised if it happened with this one. 

There was nothing 'polite' with the whole thing. BC is a whole lot like 'Project Runway'.....'one day you're in ( the good ole boys' club) and the next day, you're OUT!!'

There was nothing 'polite' with the whole thing. BC is a whole lot like 'Project Runway'.....'one day you're in ( the good ole boys' club) and the next day, you're OUT!!'

That seems to be the case with a lot of schools or small towns in the area!

I'm hoping another BC Grad is not interested in this job!

No way he leaves the Bobcats! He has invested a lot of time here and has started something that is crucial... The kids believe! You also have a dang good youth program run by a great guy. All the pieces are in place now. Could be the start of something special in Orange county with the amount of kids moving to the district.

It seems we have a bunch of offensive gurus on this site. I can tell because every time I read posts from just about any game, a few will ultimately go on and on about being out coached, called the wrong play that cost the game, etc. You have to be a guru to be able to determine this without watching any game film, without going to the daily practices or without being involved in the game-planning. I wonder if Bridge City will consider hiring someone out of this pool of geniuses.

No way he leaves the Bobcats! He has invested a lot of time here and has started something that is crucial... The kids believe! You also have a dang good youth program run by a great guy. All the pieces are in place now. Could be the start of something special in Orange county with the amount of kids moving to the district.

I wouldn't say "no way". ;)