Stump out at Bridge City

Caught in a bad spot?

Well......yes. He had bad breaks the past 2 seasons with injuries, especially at QB and RB. The team will be better next year because the sophomore group is a good one. The next coach will be getting a good team on a silver platter. So the next 2 years look good as far as players go. But if a BC coach is going to be fired while obviously rebuilding, then it's a bad spot. The next coach will face the same situation at some point. BC isn't WOS.

Well......yes. He had bad breaks the past 2 seasons with injuries, especially at QB and RB. The team will be better next year because the sophomore group is a good one. The next coach will be getting a good team on a silver platter. So the next 2 years look good as far as players go. But if a BC coach is going to be fired while obviously rebuilding, then it's a bad spot. The next coach will face the same situation at some point. BC isn't WOS.

I'm pretty sure there's way more to do with off field issues than on field for his letting go. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds quiet on the home front...

You would figure a BC parent would fill out one of those "right to public knowledge" forms to see who the applicants are!

We all know it will be someone's buddy. I think they ran him out for this reason because there IS no other reason. But they can always fire anyone with some BS excuse. It's a cruel world isn't it!

Bottom line is they wanted to get rid of stump. Briggs didn't want to be principal but wanted to work a few more years. So perfect situation says king to his big buddy Briggs. I will make you AD and we will get stump out of here and you can still make your same salary and not have to do much of anything. So all king has to do is talk his school board buddies into going alone with this which isn't hard because they just love they are big buddies with the supt. and he plays them just like the last supt. did to get what he wanted. So things fall into place just like King and Briggs planned. So now they will try to talk someone into coming be a head football coach with the understanding it will only be for a few more years until Briggs decides he wants to retire. This kind of BS will continue to take place at ncisd as long as some of the school board decides it's not wise to become buddy buddy with the person you have to evaluate and decide if they are doing what's best for the district.

• 1 month later...

Bottom line is they wanted to get rid of stump. Briggs didn't want to be principal but wanted to work a few more years. So perfect situation says king to his big buddy Briggs. I will make you AD and we will get stump out of here and you can still make your same salary and not have to do much of anything. So all king has to do is talk his school board buddies into going alone with this which isn't hard because they just love they are big buddies with the supt. and he plays them just like the last supt. did to get what he wanted. So things fall into place just like King and Briggs planned. So now they will try to talk someone into coming be a head football coach with the understanding it will only be for a few more years until Briggs decides he wants to retire. This kind of BS will continue to take place at ncisd as long as some of the school board decides it's not wise to become buddy buddy with the person you have to evaluate and decide if they are doing what's best for the district.

You nailed it. Hope those taxpayers see the light, and soon!

You obviously have no insight behind the scenes in BC. Briggs is ACTUALLY doing his job as athletic director. Some coaches in BC are probably nervous with Briggs being AD because he is making sure there doing their jobs. Don't know what your ties are with BC, or how much you know, but Briggs doesn't deserve this kind of wrap.

You can see the applicant list it has been released Nov and Dec there are two applicants that don't want their names mentioned in public due to their current positions held at other schools ....

Hmmm

You obviously have no insight behind the scenes in BC. Briggs is ACTUALLY doing his job as athletic director. Some coaches in BC are probably nervous with Briggs being AD because he is making sure there doing their jobs. Don't know what your ties are with BC, or how much you know, but Briggs doesn't deserve this kind of wrap.

How much deeper are you going to dig this hole? Paying Briggs probably 10x Stump's stipend as AD seems unnecessary and wasteful to many. And Briggs will only ride out the next year or two, then he will go fishing. Are you saying Stump was not doing his job? Can't say I have heard anyone say that. Ask some of the coaches he has gone up against. I bet you won't find one that will say his Cardinals weren't ready to play. Are you saying other coaches at BC aren't doing their jobs? Who are they? How do you know this? Maybe you should be the next Superintendent. I'm SURE you are qualified.

I hope you don't live in a glass house, because you sure throw a lot of stones.

How much deeper are you going to dig this hole? Paying Briggs probably 10x Stump's stipend as AD seems unnecessary and wasteful to many. And Briggs will only ride out the next year or two, then he will go fishing. Are you saying Stump was not doing his job? Can't say I have heard anyone say that. Ask some of the coaches he has gone up against. I bet you won't find one that will say his Cardinals weren't ready to play. Are you saying other coaches at BC aren't doing their jobs? Who are they? How do you know this? Maybe you should be the next Superintendent. I'm SURE you are qualified.

I hope you don't live in a glass house, because you sure throw a lot of stones.

Getting a football team ready on Friday night was not his only job. HELLO he was the AD! I personally know plenty of people working for BC isd currently and what you're saying is not adding up..