Beaumont Ozen 34 Goose Creek Memorial 28/Final

Congrats out to Bmt Ozen who played really well tonight.GCM parents & fans where saying the coach gotta go.Lots of upset Pat folks,I thought Goose went out of their bread/butter schemes early on.I'm curious to see what the passing stats for Ozen where cause the Pats defended the pass poorly & the panthers exploited the loose coverage

I do have to question the play calling at the end of the game for GCM. Those last 4-5 plays were head scratchers to say the least.

You have 99 yards to go, no timeouts and less than a minute left in game and you never attempt a single pass. All runs out of the I formation, 3 fullback belly plays, a counter and a option. GCM only attempted 3 passes the whole game, none in the 2nd half.

Coach Suggs has been one of my favorite coaches in SETX. Before their opener he was very honest about his team. I joked with him tonight and said well look where you are now, win and in you're in. He said oh yeah just one win, so easy right? Lol. The man put his heart into this team I can tell you that. Give him time and he'll have Ozen as a district contender.

Only flawless game GCM played was against our district leader. Goes to show what a team can do minus the turnovers and penalties. All of our local teams going into the playoffs need to focus alot on that aspect of the game...Ozen could have won more games this season with the talent they have but lost a few by penalties.. Hats off to you Ozen and hope you go far in the playoffs.

What a differance 10 weeks makes=Ozen gets blowed out 56-0 by PAM & Now the Panthers go to the playoffs while the Titans hit the hardwood :D

Hey don't get those PA fans wired up...after beating both Beaumont schools early in the season, they were gloating and thought they were going to state. Look how things have changed...

Only flawless game GCM played was against our district leader. Goes to show what a team can do minus the turnovers and penalties. All of our local teams going into the playoffs need to focus alot on that aspect of the game...Ozen could have won more games this season with the talent they have but lost a few by penalties.. Hats off to you Ozen and hope you go far in the playoffs.

A wiser post has not been written. 225A has to play penalty and turnover free ball to have a shot, they just Dont play enough defense to make up for mistakes.

I do have to question the play calling at the end of the game for GCM. Those last 4-5 plays were head scratchers to say the least.

You have 99 yards to go, no timeouts and less than a minute left in game and you never attempt a single pass. All runs out of the I formation, 3 fullback belly plays, a counter and a option. GCM only attempted 3 passes the whole game, none in the 2nd half.

They were not going to win the game throwing the ball. Get one of those RB's to the corner and it's lights out. 

Just did not happen.

Look at the bright side GCM. Now you don't have to be embarrassed by Crosby in the playoffs like you wanted, but in all reality you knew that matchup wasn't gonna happen so throwing out that dream was just what it was, a DREAM. Cause when your on top the mountain everyone wants to be that little guy that knocks you off but sometimes that bully just says not today, not today go back to bottom and regroup. Good luck in roundball..............

Look at the bright side GCM. Now you don't have to be embarrassed by Crosby in the playoffs like you wanted, but in all reality you knew that matchup wasn't gonna happen so throwing out that dream was just what it was, a DREAM. Cause when your on top the mountain everyone wants to be that little guy that knocks you off but sometimes that bully just says not today, not today go back to bottom and regroup. Good luck in roundball..............

Thanks. We'll do our best. 

Good luck tonight to Coach Price and the CE King Panthers.

Your biggest decision at Crosby tomorrow will be on whether to call a proctologist or a general surgeon. It will all depend on how deep the foot goes.

They were not going to win the game throwing the ball. Get one of those RB's to the corner and it's lights out. 

Just did not happen.

I agree that GCM does not throw it very often and depends very much on their run game (which happens to be the best in the district). But with that situation at the end, you had to try and throw it down field or at least throw a swing pass to one of those RB's to get them in the open field. Those run plays ate up too much time at the end. At least an incompletion would have stopped the clock.

That was only my second GCM game this year. The Patriots have great athletes but just like the Sterling game, their execution looks sloppy. Fumbled snaps, missed pitches, that's something that should have been cleaned up in practice by now. Plus the defensive line looks undersized. In a 3-4 you got to have some guys that can keep the linemen off the linebackers.

Also saw a couple of CE King coaches at the game last night.

Congrats to Ozen and your players. Coaches came with a game plan and executed it perfect for the most part. They were playing 5 D-linemen the whole night and in the 2nd half 8-9 in the box daring GCM to pass.

I know Ozens's LB #20 had to be hurting after the punishment #77 was putting on him.

1: GCM cannot throw the ball so there was no reason to. 

2: For the life of me I can not understand why you have the ball at or on the 5 yard line and #7 your FB has run the ball down the field the whole drive you try a toss sweep. Give it to the FB again, he got you to where you are now ride him into the playoffs.

One thing I do not understand about GCM is they have so much size sitting on the sideline but never stepped onto the field. You cannot tell me that all those kids on the sideline can not play or contribute.Our D-Line was getting pushed around all night until we decided to bring more then 3 guys to rush. 

Thanks. We'll do our best. 

Good luck tonight to Coach Price and the CE King Panthers.

Your biggest decision at Crosby tomorrow will be on whether to call a proctologist or a general surgeon. It will all depend on how deep the foot goes.

Or another decision is do I want matching rings for State and District Championships when we get to that point or two seperate designs. Also, you and all your posts "Likers" need to start your own non-playoff team bracket to see how y'all would fare, call it the (U)and(I)are(L)osers Bracket. I got Scarbourough making it thru that REAL REAL REAL tough gauntlet, hahaha. Chuck Taylor's size 4 and a spalding red white and blue roundball sound about right for y'all???