PNG vs Vidor

NDNation

Soulja, I've never seen so many mess ups turn into good things. Central was Charmed. Those boys had some quick reaction times.lol

I've been telling people all year. We were tested early this year with good offenses. Fast offenses, big offenses hurry up offenses power run offenses, and well coached and executed offenses. Every game has caused us to be better.

There was a couple of people that said we need to shore up that defense. My response was for what? Our defense have been great.

The coaching factors in to the underachievement. If you can't adjust on the fly then you kind of share responsibility. Kids effort can only do so much

Excellent post.. I've said for weeks look for another 7-4 season. The defense has been suspect all year IMO. I think if Ozen would have had a better game plan they could have beaten us.. When we get out on top we stand a much better chance.. Injuries are football... All part of it... I think MCZeal needs to be utilized more as well. But honestly we are undersized on both lines.. The running game is only effective if there are holes to run through.. Defensively we are young and make a lot of mistakes.. Offensively we are a one track mind.. Look in the PA news and all that is talked about is this record could be broken or that record could be broken... I think that is considered on the gameplan.. Our staff does not make adjustments on the fly... ZERO.... That being said if Nederland jumps into a fifty, we can't adjust. If you are not In The right position as a player you have been set up to fail.. If a defense is blitzing maybe try to utilize a screen, a draw, a counter, a slant, a curl.... As I have posted many of times, our district is weak from top to bottom. The better teams have gotten us by blitzing, and stopping the run.. At the end of the day these are kids and they are still learnin. On a positive note we are young and should only get better next year.. I have seen a lot of improvement from these sophomores throughout the year. As well as the QB. He is only a junior, and this is his first year to start on varsity.. So in time he will get better as well.. The coaching staff has done a good job this year.. Defensively we are much better than previous years, because for the most part the kids are in the right spot.. I think our weakness is undersized lineman, but they are young as well. I thought The loss of Hughes would have killed us but by the numbers Jones did a heck of a job in his absence. I would love to see us get out of the finesse game and play a down your throat game against Vidor to get momentum towards the playoffs. If we come up against Dayton or Crosby, I think we can make a game of it if we play smart, limit turnovers, play good special teams, and cut penalties. We have a ton of room for improvement.. I thought we where so flat against Ozen period... Nederland just shut us down the first half.. We couldn't run, so we threw a ton and couldn't do that well either... I wasn't at the Central game but from what I hear it was about the same outcome.... So, I hope we play some smash mouth against Vidor, and go into the first round confident, and the staff comes up with a game plan the gives us a good chance to win.

Wow Stat!...a short story post! LOL...I agree that we need a good game plan going into the playoffs. We cannot afford to be predictable. When BF came to Port Neches the spread offense was an element of surprise to a lot of area teams and it was very affective. (Even Nederland ran it at the time if i remember right) Since that time, a lot of defensive coordinators in the district have fugured this out and have been effective against it. When the spread is not working i wish we had the ability run the option to confuse defenses. I am by no means a coach and BF is smart and a great OC. My thoughts is it would be a good weapon to have when the spread isn't producing...only my humble opinion.

Do you guys not remember the run, run, pass, punt days of MB?
The offense is more than fine. It produces both through the air and on the ground. Look around the 5A ranks. How many teams are running the true option? Its all read option involving a hand off not a pitch and PNG runs it. Its safer.

Yes sir i do remember the MB era..and Ethridge and all the way back to Watson ...I was blessed to be starter on the 75 state team. Lol..giving away my age. Not saying go back to the true option...only a mix of another scheme to confuse defenses. I also agree with Brubaker on the post above...

The Central defense was the best we've faced all year. Their secondary had our boys covered all night. I dont see Vidor having that kind of talent in their defensive backfield. The Indian offensive line did better against Central than I thought they would. They will need to step it up again to beat Vidor and have any success in the playoffs. Injuries have surely impacted the Indians and if we had a healthy stable, our W-L record would be a little different, however, Faircloth and company knows what they have and how to make the best of it. I'm looking forward to the home finale at the Reservation and hope the Indians turn it on against the Pirates. See y'all Friday night!

The Central defense was the best we've faced all year. Their secondary had our boys covered all night. I dont see Vidor having that kind of talent in their defensive backfield. The Indian offensive line did better against Central than I thought they would. They will need to step it up again to beat Vidor and have any success in the playoffs. Injuries have surely impacted the Indians and if we had a healthy stable, our W-L record would be a little different, however, Faircloth and company knows what they have and how to make the best of it. I'm looking forward to the home finale at the Reservation and hope the Indians turn it on against the Pirates. See y'all Friday night!

i will say faircloth has gotten away from pn-g's bread and butter in the last few weeks. he gone to being one dimensional and trying to throw the ball on mid range routes.

as a corner back it is easy to cover a receiver on that route when you can line up 5 yards off him. 

faircloths play calling is very suspect.

i will say faircloth has gotten away from pn-g's bread and butter in the last few weeks. he gone to being one dimensional and trying to throw the ball on mid range routes.

as a corner back it is easy to cover a receiver on that route when you can line up 5 yards off him. 

faircloths play calling is very suspect.

I couldnt agree more.. Thats why if you read my earlier post it details, curls, slants, screens, etc.. If i was a DC today against PNG, I would jump in a 50, man up bump and run, and bring havoc, and wait and see if PNG adjusts... I like W's.. I dont care if its a 3-0 game or 54-53 game.. 75 ill give my age away as well.  My senior year we ran the ball dang well.. Went into the Nederland game, and they loaded the box up and dared us to run, my cousin was a heck of a d end for Nederland that year.. (only All District pick they had). Guess what we did, threw the ball the whole game after the first series... And guess what, low and behold we set a record... 7 TD's thrown by Musser in that game... Thats how you make and break records.. Its spur of the momet, make an adjustment and bam...  If your QB is struggling, thats fine, run the ball.  We have a million formations, load in in a 3 TE set and pound it to open up the pass.... Also to the MB post earlier.. Say what you want to say.... The man cared about the kids and took us to the big dance..... Long only threw for 3000 yards in 99 becasue we has a balanced attack... Ill take that anyday of the week over 7-4 and a few new records... Im not bad mouthing BF becasue i think hes a good coach, just giving my opinion.. Right now I think we are very predictable...

Vidor has a pretty good secondary. They are suspect to the run though. Go ahead and try to pass and they will have a few picks.

No doubt we are going to throw on you guys...but Morse doesn't throw a lot of interceptions...and if you go into pass coverage...I see Halfin having a huge night.

I couldnt agree more.. Thats why if you read my earlier post it details, curls, slants, screens, etc.. If i was a DC today against PNG, I would jump in a 50, man up bump and run, and bring havoc, and wait and see if PNG adjusts... I like W's.. I dont care if its a 3-0 game or 54-53 game.. 75 ill give my age away as well. My senior year we ran the ball dang well.. Went into the Nederland game, and they loaded the box up and dared us to run, my cousin was a heck of a d end for Nederland that year.. (only All District pick they had). Guess what we did, threw the ball the whole game after the first series... And guess what, low and behold we set a record... 7 TD's thrown by Musser in that game... Thats how you make and break records.. Its spur of the momet, make an adjustment and bam... If your QB is struggling, thats fine, run the ball. We have a million formations, load in in a 3 TE set and pound it to open up the pass.... Also to the MB post earlier.. Say what you want to say.... The man cared about the kids and took us to the big dance..... Long only threw for 3000 yards in 99 becasue we has a balanced attack... Ill take that anyday of the week over 7-4 and a few new records... Im not bad mouthing BF becasue i think hes a good coach, just giving my opinion.. Right now I think we are very predictable...

Irony there is DeRouen was the OC... Who groomed Barrow.

Irony there is DeRouen was the OC... Who groomed Barrow.

DeRouen, August, they are all the same... Irony is that one of the best OCs from that period has been the Oline coach at Nederland for years.. David Crommett... That guy could call a game...... And thats the truth....

[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1577435" timestamp="1415217156"]Keep thinking this game is an easy one....[/quote
Never said it was going to be easy. I expect Mathews to pull out all the stops. Look for him to go for it on 4th down more than normal. They have nothing to lose and will be playing the spoiler to upset the Indians. On the other hand, I believe png seniors will have an outstanding game for their last one at the Rez.
Come on Friday!!!

DeRouen, August, they are all the same... Irony is that one of the best OCs from that period has been the Oline coach at Nederland for years.. David Crommett... That guy could call a game...... And thats the truth....

No comparison between August and DeRouen...... DeRouen groomed by Ronnie Thompson......August lacked grooming, and no pedigree!!!!!!