PNG vs Vidor

NDNation

To help the confusion.. Im assuming that Neumann groomed Monte.. As far the August, Deroen comment as all the same, I just meant poor coaching... Bad years for Nederland..

Guess that's what confused me and still does but I'll drop it, DeRouen was the OC at PNG who made the adjustment that you referenced leading to Mussers record night.

Bobby August was the worst coach that Ned ever had, and during his time at Ned Steve DeRouen did go to PN G. After August was shown the door and Neumann came in Steve came and became his OC...Both Neumann and DeRouen worked at TJ for Thompson...Neumann on the Defensive side and Steve on Offense

Stat I think you confused the MB and Mike Long Era with the rest of the MB Era. After Long left Matts offenses were terrible. Matts philosophy was grind it out and the Defense will win you games. Problem was he had the hosses to do this with any success about every fourth year. The other years PNG was a .500 or sub .500 team at best and very boring to watch.
If I am correct BF has only once not won 7 games at PNG now in year 6.

I couldnt agree more.. Thats why if you read my earlier post it details, curls, slants, screens, etc.. If i was a DC today against PNG, I would jump in a 50, man up bump and run, and bring havoc, and wait and see if PNG adjusts... I like W's.. I dont care if its a 3-0 game or 54-53 game.. 75 ill give my age away as well.  My senior year we ran the ball dang well.. Went into the Nederland game, and they loaded the box up and dared us to run, my cousin was a heck of a d end for Nederland that year.. (only All District pick they had). Guess what we did, threw the ball the whole game after the first series... And guess what, low and behold we set a record... 7 TD's thrown by Musser in that game... Thats how you make and break records.. Its spur of the momet, make an adjustment and bam...  If your QB is struggling, thats fine, run the ball.  We have a million formations, load in in a 3 TE set and pound it to open up the pass.... Also to the MB post earlier.. Say what you want to say.... The man cared about the kids and took us to the big dance..... Long only threw for 3000 yards in 99 becasue we has a balanced attack... Ill take that anyday of the week over 7-4 and a few new records... Im not bad mouthing BF becasue i think hes a good coach, just giving my opinion.. Right now I think we are very predictable...

As it reads, during the 99 season we had a balanced attack.. After that correct, we didnt, we ran,ran,ran,ran.. Now we pass,pass,pass,pass. At the end of the day predictable is predictable. The other statement is about making adjustments.. Im aware of the win loss record, and as I stated, I think BF is a good coach. I also think he has been handed the ranch.. Plenty of $$, more coaches, bigger budget, etc. We are just comparing apples to oranges.  If BF gets us to the big dance, youll never hear another thing about this...LOL. But until then he has pretty big shoes to fill in my book.

Throwing out 94 and 95 because we had to play a 5A schedule.. With Long he was 30-7. Without Long he was 62-44. D1 kids helps for sure.

BF with Doty 19-6 Without Doty 23-20... D1 kid helps for sure.

Thats assuming a 7-4 season this year. Without this year its a even 16-16..

PNG under BF has not been pass, pass, pass. Some of the best rushing seasons in PNG history happened during the BF regime.
Granted sometimes I think we need to run more, like against Nederland, but I always thought we needed to pass more under MB. Funny thing is last year we tried to run at Nederland when they had a massive DL. This year we shoulda run and threw more.