West Orange-Stark 42 Hardin-Jefferson 21/Final

WOSgrad

The HJ coaching staff was so insistent on stopping our passing game, that they left the middle open all night. That put too much pressure on their linebackers to make plays. What put the game away was the inability to adjust, or the unwillingness to adjust in the second half. Which ever way, that costed you the game.

We out game planned them from the gitgo. Then made better adjustments. Without the two big plays they would have only had 7 points.

I Agree 112% as a Defensive Coordinator
Hands Down

All head coaches started coaching one side of the ball. It's personal preference but I believe defense wins championships so I prefer a defensive guy as my HC (ala Tom Landry, Nick Saban, etc.). You can always get a good OC to run your offense. And the Stangs are getting more balanced as the season goes on offensively. They have a great shot at making a run here IMO.

All head coaches started coaching one side of the ball. It's personal preference but I believe defense wins championships so I prefer a defensive guy as my HC (ala Tom Landry, Nick Saban, etc.). You can always get a good OC to run your offense. And the Stangs are getting more balanced as the season goes on offensively. They have a great shot at making a run here IMO.

The Stangs always have a shot, cograts on the big win. Good luck the rest of the year in the playoffs

Ha.

Gabe has all the answers!!!

I know that without even having to see HJ I did correctly pick that WOS would win by two touchdowns. So show me where I was wrong on that one while having to listen to so many Hawks geniuses tell me I could not be more wrong. You have, I am sure, seen HJ's every game like most of these great insightful Hawks fans and most predicted the end of the Mustangs dominance. But I forget the game would have been oh so much different if those refs would have stayed out of your way.

If I need information on some golf clubs you will be one of my first calls ;).

You still haven't personnaly seen HJ play, have you? I forgot, you don't need to, you're psychic!

I havent seen Pearland this year either but i would say they would beat Deer Park. So whats your point?
I knew what HJ had going on. I see and read as much as anyone if not more than most every weekend. Im not always right but on this one you are arguing with me when 42-21 says the only thing i had wrong was it was 3 tds and not 2. Stupid me

I know that without even having to see HJ I did correctly pick that WOS would win by two touchdowns. So show me where I was wrong on that one while having to listen to so many Hawks geniuses tell me I could not be more wrong. You have, I am sure, seen HJ's every game like most of these great insightful Hawks fans and most predicted the end of the Mustangs dominance. But I forget the game would have been oh so much different if those refs would have stayed out of your way.

If I need information on some golf clubs you will be one of my first calls ;).

I never made a prediction on the game.  So I am not lumped into that group.  And I never once said the refs cost HJ the game.  Simply stated that the punt called changed the momentum of the game.  And I have seen all games with the exception of the Tatum game.  Best team in history of HJ.  Been fun to watch, and hope to watch for many more weeks this season.  I can hook you up on some golf.   :)

I never said you personally said that in my last post, did hours ago i think and sorry for it.
Hey i wish you guys tons of luck. Coach D is doing amazing things. My point since beginning was HJ has improved and no it wouldnt be 60-3 this year but wos would win by 14 or so. HJ has taken steps to get there but this wouldnt be the year they beat wos.
The rest of everything i say is out of the sick humor i get watching some hj fans freak out. Its a game guys lol.
Oh and my pillow has a better golf game than me

HJ is so fortunate to have DD.  He is a great coach, mentor and an even better person.  I had never even met the guy last year when my dad passed away, and I got an email from DD giving me his condolences.  HJ has talent, they have coaches and they are taking the steps they need.  WOS just has a few extra gears.  Proud every day to be a Hawk!!!

HJ is so fortunate to have DD. He is a great coach, mentor and an even better person. I had never even met the guy last year when my dad passed away, and I got an email from DD giving me his condolences. HJ has talent, they have coaches and they are taking the steps they need. WOS just has a few extra gears. Proud every day to be a Hawk!!!

Great post.

Jeff Mathews has started quite a legacy with his assistants here in SETX. DD is rightfully gotten a lot of praise but Josh Smalley has done a heckuva job in OF too. And both great guys by all accounts.

Great post.

Jeff Mathews has started quite a legacy with his assistants here in SETX. DD is rightfully gotten a lot of praise but Josh Smalley has done a heckuva job in OF too. And both great guys by all accounts.

Might look back a little further, all a product of coach Les Johnson at Bridge City. Great coach and mentor.

The punt play appears to be a situation  factor for H J folks. If you would consider the reaction of the WOS players, then, maybe the matter will become clearer. Why would several players engage in recovering the ball if it had not been touched? Did the players have time to discuss a plan to MAKE UP a touch plan to say a HJ player had a ball bounce or touch his helmet? I don't think so, therefore, since the players are on the field, and they all went to recover the ball, chances are they had it right. The play should not have ended HJ players mental frame. It should have motivated them to play harder just as it did for WOS to fight harder after the refs. kept them from scoring more points by calling bad plays back to back to back on them. If these teams meet again, I believe that the score will be worse. The defense will stop those running plays that you scored on, and your team will still not be able to stop our passing game. MOVE ON from the punt play!