West Orange-Stark 42 Hardin-Jefferson 21/Final

WOSgrad

They contained him for the most part. More than I thought they would. If they keep that up and get a few more stops on that RB, it's a better game.

Kicker meant the passing game. In order for you to stop the running game, you'll have to bring another guy in the box. That leaves one safety, based on the way your defense was aligned. If you do that, we will wear your corners out. And trust me. The score will be worse.

Kicker meant the passing game. In order for you to stop the running game, you'll have to bring another guy in the box. That leaves one safety, based on the way your defense was aligned. If you do that, we will wear your corners out. And trust me. The score will be worse.

I think HJ just has to make more tackles and get into the backfield more often. Don't try and bring someone else into the box. And COVER THAT DANG TE or whatever he was that Jack threw over the middle to all night.

I think HJ just has to make more tackles and get into the backfield more often. Don't try and bring someone else into the box. And COVER THAT DANG TE or whatever he was that Jack threw over the middle to all night.

The style of defense you guys played left the middle wide open. By the time our running backs got to the second level of your defense, they were almost at full speed. You can't stop that unless you bring another player in the box. The safeties looked like they were in prevent coverage all night. You can slow down the pass attack with that defense, but the running game is going to yield the same result as it did Friday.

Absolutely no way HJ can beat West Orange. Your out of your mind if you think otherwise.

Completely disagree. WOS may be the big favorite, but HJ wasn't that many plays away from being in that game at end. A dropped interception on WOS's second scoring drive, the dubious punt play which led to a WOS score, and then the 1-minute melt down in the 4th where HJ turned the ball over twice in 3 plays leading to two quick scores were the deciding factors in this game.. Not to mention giving up a score on a 3rd and 35. For essentially 3 quarters the score was even, even including the punt touchdown (from the 3 minute mark in the 1st quarter to the 8 minute mark of the 4th each team scored 14). Again, I repeat, WOS was the better team, but if HJ plays a mistake-free game, or close to it, they DO have a team good enough to beat WOS. That being said, WOS has a team good enough to not play their best and still beat HJ, while HJ will need some breaks to go their way. But while the score was inflated at the end, HJ competed very well for a large chunk of the game. I don't think anyone who was at that game thinks there's absolutely no way HJ can beat the stangs, although I'm perfectly fine agreeing with anyone who says it's a long shot.

Completely disagree. WOS may be the big favorite, but HJ wasn't that many plays away from being in that game at end. A dropped interception on WOS's second scoring drive, the dubious punt play which led to a WOS score, and then the 1-minute melt down in the 4th where HJ turned the ball over twice in 3 plays leading to two quick scores were the deciding factors in this game.. Not to mention giving up a score on a 3rd and 35. For essentially 3 quarters the score was even, even including the punt touchdown (from the 3 minute mark in the 1st quarter to the 8 minute mark of the 4th each team scored 14). Again, I repeat, WOS was the better team, but if HJ plays a mistake-free game, or close to it, they DO have a team good enough to beat WOS. That being said, WOS has a team good enough to not play their best and still beat HJ, while HJ will need some breaks to go their way. But while the score was inflated at the end, HJ competed very well for a large chunk of the game. I don't think anyone who was at that game thinks there's absolutely no way HJ can beat the stangs, although I'm perfectly fine agreeing with anyone who says it's a long shot.

Completely disagree, hj played two safeties deep from what i understand. You proved the year before you can't put 8 men in the box (you found that out in only a half). The ONLY reason you played with WOS for so long was the penalties against WOS that would probably NOT be there at a neutral site. hj would have to play defense exactly the same and hope for three or four big plays instead of the two that you got on offense. From what I saw on tape at least one of those plays was a missed tackle. I am pretty sure that Coach T would clean those up. In a rematch i don't think you score more than 14 points and you would have to hold WOS to less, Just don't see it.

The style of defense you guys played left the middle wide open. By the time our running backs got to the second level of your defense, they were almost at full speed. You can't stop that unless you bring another player in the box. The safeties looked like they were in prevent coverage all night. You can slow down the pass attack with that defense, but the running game is going to yield the same result as it did Friday.

I agree. But HJ was still a couple of plays away from being in it at the end. To me it's the lesser of two evils. Slowing down the pass and allowing for the run, and hoping for a few breaks or an extra stop or two is a better game plan than stopping the run and letting the wrs run wild with jack picking apart the secondary.

I agree. But HJ was still a couple of plays away from being in it at the end. To me it's the lesser of two evils. Slowing down the pass and allowing for the run, and hoping for a few breaks or an extra stop or two is a better game plan than stopping the run and letting the wrs run wild with jack picking apart the secondary.

That's a good point

Completely disagree, hj played two safeties deep from what i understand. You proved the year before you can't put 8 men in the box (you found that out in only a half). The ONLY reason you played with WOS for so long was the penalties against WOS that would probably NOT be there at a neutral site. hj would have to play defense exactly the same and hope for three or four big plays instead of the two that you got on offense. From what I saw on tape at least one of those plays was a missed tackle. I am pretty sure that Coach T would clean those up. In a rematch i don't think you score more than 14 points and you would have to hold WOS to less, Just don't see it.

I've heard the penalty argument a couple of times, but truth be told all but a couple of the penalties either came on drives that WOS still scored on or drives that HJ was unable to score on. Thinking back, at least 9 or 10 of WOS's penalties could be cancelled out without affecting the outcome of a single drive. It's not like every stop, or even a lot of the stops HJ got on defense were because of penalties. That being said, you kind of missed the point I was making. I'm not throwing out hypotheticals about why HJ should've won. I'm just showing that when someone says there's "no way" HJ can beat WOS, that that's just silly. HJ is definitely a good enough team to do so.  there are lots of realistic ways it could happen.  HJ has a solid, hard hitting defense.  say they force three turnovers, and take one back to the house.  thats not out of the realm of possibility, and if they were able to do that, HJ could pull off an upset.  Or just thinking back to last game.  If HJ got one extra stop on 3rd and 35, the punt play didn't happen, and they don't have a fumble returned for a touchdown.  3 things that could've easily not happened and maybe HJ is tied at 21 with 5 minutes left.  I'm not saying that could've shouldve would've happened, just trying to say that this isn't a bad team that WOS could go out and play badly against and beat.  HJ IS capable of beating WOS with the right circumstances.  WOS is certainly the favorite, but it's not a situation where they'd need half they starters to fail and Jack to get hurt in order for HJ to win.  A couple of good breaks, an extra stop or two, and maybe one or two missed tackles in the secondary could be enough to do it.  now, as i said, with WOS being the more talented team, they have more margin for error.  but for HJ to beat WOS would be an upset, not a miracle.

Only in HJ land can people argue for 40 pages that a team that just got beat by 3 touchdowns could possibly win...

Well here is another possibility - The Spurger Pirates football team could beat WOS "IF" 

Spurger actually had a team

Spurger fans hijacked the bus - WOS couldn't show up

Spurger played with 22 on field to WOS 11

Spurger only had to gain 1 yd for a 1st down to WOS 50

I do enjoy the entertainment - I get my daily laughs.

HJ is a good team, they will win a few games in the playoffs - beat WOS - they will NOT...

You heard it here folks - over and over and over again from the Silsbee troll idiot -which has been correct all along!

I've heard the penalty argument a couple of times, but truth be told all but a couple of the penalties either came on drives that WOS still scored on or drives that HJ was unable to score on. Thinking back, at least 9 or 10 of WOS's penalties could be cancelled out without affecting the outcome of a single drive. It's not like every stop, or even a lot of the stops HJ got on defense were because of penalties. That being said, you kind of missed the point I was making. I'm not throwing out hypotheticals about why HJ should've won. I'm just showing that when someone says there's "no way" HJ can beat WOS, that that's just silly. HJ is definitely a good enough team to do so.  there are lots of realistic ways it could happen.  HJ has a solid, hard hitting defense.  say they force three turnovers, and take one back to the house.  thats not out of the realm of possibility, and if they were able to do that, HJ could pull off an upset.  Or just thinking back to last game.  If HJ got one extra stop on 3rd and 35, the punt play didn't happen, and they don't have a fumble returned for a touchdown.  3 things that could've easily not happened and maybe HJ is tied at 21 with 5 minutes left.  I'm not saying that could've shouldve would've happened, just trying to say that this isn't a bad team that WOS could go out and play badly against and beat.  HJ IS capable of beating WOS with the right circumstances.  WOS is certainly the favorite, but it's not a situation where they'd need half they starters to fail and Jack to get hurt in order for HJ to win.  A couple of good breaks, an extra stop or two, and maybe one or two missed tackles in the secondary could be enough to do it.  now, as i said, with WOS being the more talented team, they have more margin for error.  but for HJ to beat WOS would be an upset, not a miracle.

You could be right about it not affecting the outcome of scoring drives, but what about the extra plays and therefore the extra time off the clock that it took WOS to overcome these penalties? It could have perhaps let to a couple of extra drives that COULD have produced scores for WOS. Too many factors to say I would think.

I've heard the penalty argument a couple of times, but truth be told all but a couple of the penalties either came on drives that WOS still scored on or drives that HJ was unable to score on. Thinking back, at least 9 or 10 of WOS's penalties could be cancelled out without affecting the outcome of a single drive. It's not like every stop, or even a lot of the stops HJ got on defense were because of penalties. That being said, you kind of missed the point I was making. I'm not throwing out hypotheticals about why HJ should've won. I'm just showing that when someone says there's "no way" HJ can beat WOS, that that's just silly. HJ is definitely a good enough team to do so. there are lots of realistic ways it could happen. HJ has a solid, hard hitting defense. say they force three turnovers, and take one back to the house. thats not out of the realm of possibility, and if they were able to do that, HJ could pull off an upset. Or just thinking back to last game. If HJ got one extra stop on 3rd and 35, the punt play didn't happen, and they don't have a fumble returned for a touchdown. 3 things that could've easily not happened and maybe HJ is tied at 21 with 5 minutes left. I'm not saying that could've shouldve would've happened, just trying to say that this isn't a bad team that WOS could go out and play badly against and beat. HJ IS capable of beating WOS with the right circumstances. WOS is certainly the favorite, but it's not a situation where they'd need half they starters to fail and Jack to get hurt in order for HJ to win. A couple of good breaks, an extra stop or two, and maybe one or two missed tackles in the secondary could be enough to do it. now, as i said, with WOS being the more talented team, they have more margin for error. but for HJ to beat WOS would be an upset, not a miracle.

Might as well give it a rest, bullets. There's only 1 or 2 people who are reading what you're writing and actually comprehending what you're saying. You are right about this, though. A few plays go a different way, and it's certainly a ball game. I guess just let them think it will never happen. Maybe it will come back to bite them. HJ's got much bigger fish to fry if they want that rematch, though!

Might as well give it a rest, bullets. There's only 1 or 2 people who are reading what you're writing and actually comprehending what you're saying. You are right about this, though. A few plays go a different way, and it's certainly a ball game. I guess just let them think it will never happen. Maybe it will come back to bite them. HJ's got much bigger fish to fry if they want that rematch, though!

Speaking only for myself, I've read every novel bullets has posted. 

Yeah, just let us think it will never happen, because it DIDN'T happen. You had your chance. You had an undefeated season until this game. Your team had tons of momentum, all year to think about, plan, and invest your strategy and emotions into this game. You got one shot, and WO-S won the game. Come back to reality and wake up from the "what ifs" dream. You two have a one way street on the endless possibilities scenarios. You see...a few plays go a different way, and WO-S blows out HJ. But, without them, we still win by three TDs. 

Hj did have momentum. Hj did have an undefeated season.... What's your point??? That's why we play the game.. We saw that WOS is very beatable..... Personally I would have played a 4-3 and let my ends rush.... We did not.... 2 big kids over the guards and pressure on Dallas would have been big.... HF exposed our middle and like a good team does, WOS capitalized on it because we didn't fix it.... You guys were more prepared than we were... We have the talent to beat WOS... You guys did not impress me one bit.... Especially your "high dollar" corner.... What kind of kid talks trash to an opposing coach? To the opposing stands? What kind of coach allows it to happen? This is high school football... You guys have great athletes. More "top" athletes than we do.... But your very beatable.... I will say this also, your line on both sides of the ball was impressive.... Better than I gave them credit for... You were better that night...... Congratulations...

Hj did have momentum. Hj did have an undefeated season.... What's your point??? That's why we play the game.. We saw that WOS is very beatable..... Personally I would have played a 4-3 and let my ends rush.... We did not.... 2 big kids over the guards and pressure on Dallas would have been big.... HF exposed our middle and like a good team does, WOS capitalized on it because we didn't fix it.... You guys were more prepared than we were... We have the talent to beat WOS... You guys did not impress me one bit.... Especially your "high dollar" corner.... What kind of kid talks trash to an opposing coach? To the opposing stands? What kind of coach allows it to happen? This is high school football... You guys have great athletes. More "top" athletes than we do.... But your very beatable.... I will say this also, your line on both sides of the ball was impressive.... Better than I gave them credit for... You were better that night...... Congratulations...

WOS IS better on Any night. . Lol

This Guy

Hj did have momentum. Hj did have an undefeated season.... What's your point??? That's why we play the game.. We saw that WOS is very beatable..... Personally I would have played a 4-3 and let my ends rush.... We did not.... 2 big kids over the guards and pressure on Dallas would have been big.... HF exposed our middle and like a good team does, WOS capitalized on it because we didn't fix it.... You guys were more prepared than we were... We have the talent to beat WOS... You guys did not impress me one bit.... Especially your "high dollar" corner.... What kind of kid talks trash to an opposing coach? To the opposing stands? What kind of coach allows it to happen? This is high school football... You guys have great athletes. More "top" athletes than we do.... But your very beatable.... I will say this also, your line on both sides of the ball was impressive.... Better than I gave them credit for... You were better that night...... Congratulations...

He's not a "high dollar" corner. He's a high school safety who happens to be one of the best in the nation. Your coaches called our coaches that week to tell them they used DT as bulletin board material. As a matter of fact, when he came home, he wrote down what your coaches said and put it on our kitchen table. That's why he was talking noise to your coaches. If that makes him a bad kid, Oh well. You'll get over it.

Hj did have momentum. Hj did have an undefeated season.... What's your point??? That's why we play the game.. We saw that WOS is very beatable..... Personally I would have played a 4-3 and let my ends rush.... We did not.... 2 big kids over the guards and pressure on Dallas would have been big.... HF exposed our middle and like a good team does, WOS capitalized on it because we didn't fix it.... You guys were more prepared than we were... We have the talent to beat WOS... You guys did not impress me one bit.... Especially your "high dollar" corner.... What kind of kid talks trash to an opposing coach? To the opposing stands? What kind of coach allows it to happen? This is high school football... You guys have great athletes. More "top" athletes than we do.... But your very beatable.... I will say this also, your line on both sides of the ball was impressive.... Better than I gave them credit for... You were better that night...... Congratulations...

For such an unimpressive team we sure did beat y'all by 3 touchdowns. Good luck to HJ. They'll need it. 

So far we have been better for one night for EVERY time that we have played the almighty chicken hawks. I believe WOS won the game by RUSHING. I don't think rushing the ends would have helped up the middle of the field. Don't know about WOS being very beatable but we sure did find out that hj was. You have the talent to beat WOS? I believe that we not only swept you from junior high on up, in most games we blew you out. I guess a punt affected the momentum in all those games as well.

hj coaches did all they could. It was a pick your poison, either let Jack throw or stop him and hope the Stangs can't run. They did what they HAD to do and probably what WOS will see the rest of the season. You just were not quite good enough to handle us. You have an outstanding team this year, your just not quite what you thought you were though. Yes, WOS is beatable if we don't play well (Newton proved that), but that is not our standard of play.

As far as trash talking, I know for a fact that DT knew the content of a few of Bedelman's posts as well as others. I think he was just giving some back. If hj ever does defeat WOS, I think they might earn some of that swagger to trash talk back also. I assure you he is one of the best kids that you will EVER meet and has worked hard for everything he has earned.

- I thought it was understood that, "WOS is very beatable"              ....they're record was 7-2 going into the HJ game.

- "did not impress me one bit" and "your line on both sides of the ball was impressive"             ....i'm confused

- "This is high school football"        .....Exactly. Why the heck is this game such a big deal that it needs 800 threads? 

Bottom line, both teams are solid and will be in the play offs. HOPEfully they will meet up in the 4th round!