West Orange-Stark 42 Hardin-Jefferson 21/Final

WOSgrad

He's not a "high dollar" corner. He's a high school safety who happens to be one of the best in the nation. Your coaches called our coaches that week to tell them they used DT as bulletin board material. As a matter of fact, when he came home, he wrote down what your coaches said and put it on our kitchen table. That's why he was talking noise to your coaches. If that makes him a bad kid, Oh well. You'll get over it.

Whose coaches called whom? Unless I missed something here, I highly doubt Dubois would call anyone and tell them that any player was bulletin board material - unless you're being sarcastic. And, it doesn't make him a bad kid for talking trash to another coach, it makes him disrespectful. That BS won't fly in Tuscaloosa. Hope he realizes that and gets his act together.

Whose coaches called whom? Unless I missed something here, I highly doubt Dubois would call anyone and tell them that any player was bulletin board material - unless you're being sarcastic. And, it doesn't make him a bad kid for talking trash to another coach, it makes him disrespectful. That BS won't fly in Tuscaloosa. Hope he realizes that and gets his act together.

You can doubt ALL the heck you want dude. That's my son. I speak facts when I post something. I don't get on here bashing anyone else's kid. So don't go there with me. That's what's wrong with idots. They think they know everything. Trust me, if Saban thought Deionte Thompson was a kid with character issues, he would have never gone after him as a sophmore. Get your facts straight. Better yet, get a life, clown.

KNOW your Facts sir....

Fact is you don't know what your talking about. ....

You can doubt ALL the heck you want dude. That's my son. I speak facts when I post something. I don't get on here bashing anyone else's kid. So don't go there with me. That's what's wrong with idots. They think they know everything. Trust me, if Saban thought Deionte Thompson was a kid with character issues, he would have never gone after him as a sophmore. Get your facts straight. Better yet, get a life, clown.

Chill out there. I never said the coaches didn't do it. I just said I highly doubt it. I don't have any facts, I'm just going off of past interactions with some of the coaches at HJ. With that being said, if any coaches call the others and bash kids in their program, there should be some actions taken to remove these coaches from their positions, regardless of how good they are. So, unless I'm reading this wrong, you're saying that an HJ coach called West Orange and said something insulting to your son, right? If so, then I think this HJ coach should no longer be employed, and I will personally report it if it hasn't already been reported. However, regardless of what's said about you, you can't go spouting off to opposing coaches. That will get you in trouble. I know as well as you do that if DT gets on the field next season and starts talking to the opposing coaches, he won't be on the field much longer. He's going to get a lot of crap said about him the next few years because that's what people do. You have to rise above that garbage, not take it personally. I personally wish him the best. I'm not trying to 'bash' anyone. I think he's an all star talent that can play both sides of the ball at the next level. I certainly hope he doesn't have character issues, but trying to talk to opposing coaches is something that simply cannot happen and I hope he doesn't do it again. If you have any details about the phone call incident, please share because that's not acceptable.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with smack talking. It happens all the time. My son is an easy target because of who he is. They call him "Mr. Alabama". Your kids talked trash the ENTIRE game. Not one time has anyone said anything about that. It's a part of the game. There is nothing wrong with a coach using a player as bulletin board material, no need to investigate that. I think you should get out more if you don't think this happens on every level. My problem is you insinuating that he has some type of character issue because he's talking noise. I'm done with this. We have a bye this week.

Crazy thing is that when we lost to Newton and foster we said yep we got our butt kicked but this here takes the cake on theorys of what could have went down! It's over and we both got playoffs! Save the chatter for your kids! Let's root them both on to victory!

Anyone who knows Deionte knows he is a classy kid. This is football. Kids get fired up and talking is part of the game. Bedelmon getting offended at anyone talking trash is laughable.

Deionte, IMO, is cut from the same jib as little Earl. And that is a huge compliment. And you are correct about Saban. And his opinion holds a little more water than mine or anyone else's on this board.

It's easy for us to sit back and criticize HS kids for playing with emotion, but that's just part of the game. By all accounts Deionte is a fine young man, and I wish him well at the next level. I look forward to watching him on tv on Saturdays, and hopefully Sundays in a few years. I also look forward to not having to face him in basketball this year :)

It's easy for us to sit back and criticize HS kids for playing with emotion, but that's just part of the game. By all accounts Deionte is a fine young man, and I wish him well at the next level. I look forward to watching him on tv on Saturdays, and hopefully Sundays in a few years. I also look forward to not having to face him in basketball this year :)

QFT. I'm gonna kind of miss watching his athleticism on the hardwood though.

Don't have a dog in the fight, but I've never known a coach to call another and say something negative about a player

You missed it ALL together. I NEVER said the coach called and said ANYTHING negative about DT. Bulletin board material is not negative. Please get it right before commenting. You'll open up a whole different can of worms.

Well, I guess I should clarify...... I think pressure on the QB is a good thing at any level.... That's football basics 101.... That's for you StangX.... Also, 2-3 Techniques kinda help shore up the middle (which is where you beat us).... StangX, do you ever actually watch football? I'm surprised you cant figure that out.... As far as trash talking on this site, HJ has a lot, and I mean ALOT of room to catch up..... There is no team on this board that has taken more trash "lashings" than ol slow, unathletic, no talent having HJ.....  Most all of it at the hands of the WOS faithful... As far as 2nd guessing the coaches, well....... If HF has 1 kid that can score almost 40 on ya up the middle, how many you think WOS has that can do it? Probably need to change something..... I'm a fan..... I am an HJ Hawk fan.... I'm not a coach, nor do I claim to know more than any of our coaches..... I'm sure they had a plan, and I'm sure they made some adjustments...... I just did not see any...... Hey, I guess no one ever got on here and wondered why their team didn't "seem" to make any adjustments.... As far as calling Deonte a bad kid.... I never said that.... I NEVER SAID THAT..... YOU SAID THAT....... I guess if you deem trash talking an opposing coach, opposing fans, and the coach allowing it to happen makes him a bad kid well then, why you getting pissed at me????? The fact that YOU said he is not a "bad kid" speaks volumes..... Read and "understand" the post "clown"..... I know that trash talking takes place on the field..... Im aware it takes place on here..... Hey, I know DT has talent.... I know he is probably a great kid..... Talking trash to an opposing coach and opposing stands is disrespectful no matter how you look at it..... If I'm the bulletin board material for WOS, that's fine..... If the other HJ faithful on here want me to shut up, I'm cool with it..... I would really like to see which teams fans have made the most post on this thread you guys are saying is too long.... I would be willing to wager that WOS wins that too... 

He's not a "high dollar" corner. He's a high school safety who happens to be one of the best in the nation. Your coaches called our coaches that week to tell them they used DT as bulletin board material. As a matter of fact, when he came home, he wrote down what your coaches said and put it on our kitchen table. That's why he was talking noise to your coaches. If that makes him a bad kid, Oh well. You'll get over it.

but I missed the point. Bulletin board material is secretly taking a shot at someone.