Goose Creek Memorial 57 Nederland 56/Final 2OT

WOSgrad

Even the stars in their course were againt Nederland last night.

Any one of 5 separate plays could've gone against GCM last night and gave Nederland the win. But the GCM boys came through each time.

Congratulations to GCM.

The new streak begins next week against Lumberton.

Some of these posts are just hilarious.. In the words of Cris Carter, COME ON MAN... Neumann botching a game might be the funniest thing ive heard.. Here is what I will say.... GCM took it to a good Nederland team and won.. This shows me one thing that I have been saying all year.  IMO our district is weak, from top to bottom.. Usually we have that one good team that you think can go 2 or 3 rounds, and honestly Im not sure we have that ability this year. I do hope to see someone in the district make it a few rounds.. Congrats to GCM on the win, and to the Nederland fans, no more talk about the streak.... But the good thing is throwing up the 5 in a row is more than enough to shut me up..... LOL...

Ive said it all year, not enogh D this year but, I think there might be enough offense from the top 3 teams to last a few rounds.....If you cant stop the run......the days are numbered.

Can someone explain why tomorrow's game "matters now"? I'm a little confused. If GCM wins next week they go big school and Ned drops. Ned would be 1st seed, PNG 2nd. But PNG playing Central does not affect that. If Ozen wins next week, Ned stays big school and PNG would be 1st seed in small school. Is there another scenario I'm missing or other factors I've overlooked?

Because if GCM goes in playoffs Ned goes DII. Which means they will be so worried about playing Dayton or Crosby again that they will over look Lumberton and lose. If that happens winner of Saturday's game could become the new DC. JS.

Some of these posts are just hilarious.. In the words of Cris Carter, COME ON MAN... Neumann botching a game might be the funniest thing ive heard.. Here is what I will say.... GCM took it to a good Nederland team and won.. This shows me one thing that I have been saying all year.  IMO our district is weak, from top to bottom.. Usually we have that one good team that you think can go 2 or 3 rounds, and honestly Im not sure we have that ability this year. I do hope to see someone in the district make it a few rounds.. Congrats to GCM on the win, and to the Nederland fans, no more talk about the streak.... But the good thing is throwing up the 5 in a row is more than enough to shut me up..... LOL...

I tend to disagree with none of our teams being able to go 2 or 3 rounds. When Nederland stepped on the field last night, NOBODY except the Patriots thought they were going to win this game. Any given day, if the ball bounces your way, anybody can be beat. Regardless of what happens today, if GCM beats Ozen, Central will have that opportunity...

I am not a stat guru by a long shot, but when was the last time nederland had over 600 yards total offense? More than that, how many more games would goose creek won if they hadn't fumbled. They are scary fast and very capable of beating anyone. The call to go for two was the right call. From where I was, gcm couldn't stop nederland. That way he was either gonna have to go for two that time or the next. If they fumbled a lot in the first few games, he may have had that in the back of his mind. If someone had to end the streak, why not gcm. I think they were the only ones at the beginning that no one gave a shot to break it. If the fb, and qb are juniors, the dist is in trouble next year. They proved me wrong and deserved the win.

I tend to disagree with none of our teams being able to go 2 or 3 rounds. When Nederland stepped on the field last night, NOBODY except the Patriots thought they were going to win this game. Any given day, if the ball bounces your way, anybody can be beat. Regardless of what happens today, if GCM beats Ozen, Central will have that opportunity...

I like the post, but have to disagree. Central can win by 35 today over PNG and my opinion stii will not change.. I kust think the district is weak from top to bottom. I have watched alot of football throughout my life and have yet to say "WOW" that team is good.. I do agree with the ball bouncing, but IMO i think any day any team can beat the other in our district with the exception of 2. But it doesnt really matter its just my opinion.. And as I said before I just want to see one of the 4 go a few rounds..

Congrats to GCM what a well played mistake free game. I told my boys earlier in the week no game is a given and y'all proved it. We still licking our wounds but good job I'm not a sore loser. And hats off to coach to go for 2, take your momentum and say we not given Nederland another chance. Y'all made this playoff picture get a lil interesting now.

When our boys play turnover free ball, we can play with most anyone. That may sound cliche, but we haven't been completely shut down by anyone. We avg 3.5 "LOST" turnovers a game. Coach Boyd went for 2 vs Vidor 2 weeks ago for the W after trailing 35-7 at the half, and scoring 41 in the 2nd half to make it a 1 pt game. We came up short that night, but fought our tails off, just like we do every week. One thing you guys don't realize is, that GCM, although being considered a "Baytown" school, is made up by mostly of kids from a small town named Highlands, just north of Baytown, that for 70+ years have gone to school together from k-8 grades, only then sent to Baytown for 9-12 (HS) When GCM opened, on the North side, Highlands finally had a school of their own, with the northern most parts of Baytown proper attending as well. Highlands boys are full of fight! Just thought I'd share that history/logistical lesson with yall!! By the way, my hats off to BIG NED, class program, and class kids!! GO GCM BEAT OZEN!!!!

Personally, I am glad the streak is over. Now we don't have to pressure our guys to be perfect. Five years of beating PNG and Central In a row is awesome. Streaks like this don't come around very often and I am simply glad I got to witness it.

Now, let's play some Bulldog football and enter the playoffs on a high note.

Congrats GCM. You really surprised us and the district with your come from behind victory, especially after how the first quarter went.

When our boys play turnover free ball, we can play with most anyone. That may sound cliche, but we haven't been completely shut down by anyone. We avg 3.5 "LOST" turnovers a game. Coach Boyd went for 2 vs Vidor 2 weeks ago for the W after trailing 35-7 at the half, and scoring 41 in the 2nd half to make it a 1 pt game. We came up short that night, but fought our tails off, just like we do every week. One thing you guys don't realize is, that GCM, although being considered a "Baytown" school, is made up by mostly of kids from a small town named Highlands, just north of Baytown, that for 70+ years have gone to school together from k-8 grades, only then sent to Baytown for 9-12 (HS) When GCM opened, on the North side, Highlands finally had a school of their own, with the northern most parts of Baytown proper attending as well. Highlands boys are full of fight! Just thought I'd share that history/logistical lesson with yall!! By the way, my hats off to BIG NED, class program, and class kids!! GO GCM BEAT OZEN!!!!

Agree with everything you said. That game scared me before it even started last night. If you guys take care of the football, offensively y'all are as good as any team we played all year. No turnovers last night. Y'all got a QB and 2 RBs that can take it to the house. Good luck the rest of the way!

Agree with everything you said. That game scared me before it even started last night. If you guys take care of the football, offensively y'all are as good as any team we played all year. No turnovers last night. Y'all got a QB and 2 RBs that can take it to the house. Good luck the rest of the way!

And to think y'all lost another really good back(Allen) who transferred to Crosby! My word that backfield!