WOS vs HJ Halloween Night

bone

Just watched some game film from last year on these two.  It was WOS highlights but HJ has gotten MUCH better than what is on that film.

We made tons of mistakes, no doubt some caused by the 'Stangs, but that video was painful to watch.

This year will NOT be like last year.  Not saying HJ is guaranteed a win, but this year it should be a very competitive matchup.

COME ON HALLOWEEN!!

It amazes me how these fans can throw around these predictions. If you've actually seen HJ play, you know West Orange isn't 3 TD's better. And to even say it won't be competitive is ridiculous. I know this won't phase anyone, though. Just don't get upset when I say I told you so.

Try it again, I tried to edit it...
If not go to maxpreps and search Hardin Jefferson.  You should be able to find it.
WOS has some uploaded too but they are from last year's season and scimmage this year.

Try it again, I tried to edit it...
If not go to maxpreps and search Hardin Jefferson.  You should be able to find it.
WOS has some uploaded too but they are from last year's season and scimmage this year.

Not sure whats up with the videos but it saying that the videos cannot be viewed!

I am going to remind all you HJ fans come Monday that I told you so! WOS is 17 pts better on the road and 27 pts better at home. GOOGLE IT!!!!! Lol

It's not a long enough drive to be a 10 point difference! And maybe I'm mistaken, but the Mustangs have been on the losing end twice this season, and unless I missed something, HJ has not.

YOU WISH.....you check the state rankings lately??

How bout that.Question...then why have all the polls that I have seen pick WO-S over HJ? I know it's different pollsters but they didn't let the win/loss thing determine who is better in their oppion. Polls are a fell good thing.Thank goodness we get to settle this on the field and not on paper.

Just watched some game film from last year on these two.  It was WOS highlights but HJ has gotten MUCH better than what is on that film.

We made tons of mistakes, no doubt some caused by the 'Stangs, but that video was painful to watch.

This year will NOT be like last year.  Not saying HJ is guaranteed a win, but this year it should be a very competitive matchup.

COME ON HALLOWEEN!!

So you think WOS isn't better either? If both sides evolved at the same pace, would not the outcome be the same? I will grant you that hj HAS probably improved more than the Mustangs. However, I think WOS by 17 sounds about right to me. I honestly think it will be close in the first half then WOS pulls away third quarter. I think improving by 23 points is quite an accomplishment. The clock struck midnight for Cinderella, it will again this time on Halloween night. Good luck to both teams afterwards, let's hope for a sequel a few weeks downs the road and no injuries.

So you think WOS isn't better either? If both sides evolved at the same pace, would not the outcome be the same? I will grant you that hj HAS probably improved more than the Mustangs. However, I think WOS by 17 sounds about right to me. I honestly think it will be close in the first half then WOS pulls away third quarter. I think improving by 23 points is quite an accomplishment. The clock struck midnight for Cinderella, it will again this time on Halloween night. Good luck to both teams afterwards, let's hope for a sequel a few weeks downs the road and no injuries.

In most of HJ's games that are close, HJ pulls away in the 3rd. That's why I think this game is going to be so close!

Hj fans keep referring to the mustangs losing to newton and that is why they think hj will win the game! Stupid is all I can say! Your hawks haven't faced near the adversity the mustangs have faced this season! Nor have they played the type of schedule the mustangs have! We did hit a bump in the road but we're back on track and seem to be peaking at the right time, and your hawks district victories haven't been near as dominant as y'all thought they would be! Looks to me like y'all peaked to early in that weak pre district schedule and we're peaking at the right time! Best of luck! Go stangs!!!

Hj fans keep referring to the mustangs losing to newton and that is why they think hj will win the game! Stupid is all I can say! Your hawks haven't faced near the adversity the mustangs have faced this season! Nor have they played the type of schedule the mustangs have! We did hit a bump in the road but we're back on track and seem to be peaking at the right time, and your hawks district victories haven't been near as dominant as y'all thought they would be! Looks to me like y'all peaked to early in that weak pre district schedule and we're peaking at the right time! Best of luck! Go stangs!!!

I haven't seen the Newton loss referenced in a while. And we've had the weak pre-district schedule a dozen times. I'm not saying the Mustang's schedule is weak, but this is the toughest pre-district schedule the Hawks have seen since I can remember, and we've played some teams that either WO-S also played or ones that beat teams that West Orange lost to. Kelly I can admit is pretty weak, but there are only 4 district games. We had to find 6 opponents to play. Kountze is pretty dang good as you can see by the way they're playing now. LCM is 4-1 in their district - their one loss so far coming from Jasper, who HJ beat in week 1. Center was ranked pretty high at the beginning of the season. They're not playing so well now, but they beat Jasper! Tatum pretty recently handed a butt whooping to Center, and HJ beat Tatum to round out their pre-district schedule. No, HJ district wins weren't AS dominant as we had hoped, but the OF game ended in a fluke, and HJ still won. HJ played really sloppy against HF, but they STILL WON! PLUS, they put up more points on them than WO-S did! Not to mention it was with the "slow and time eating" offense as opposed to WO-S who runs the high scoring spread offense! I only see one of us who is "stupid" here, and I'm not looking in a mirror.

I haven't seen the Newton loss referenced in a while. And we've had the weak pre-district schedule a dozen times. I'm not saying the Mustang's schedule is weak, but this is the toughest pre-district schedule the Hawks have seen since I can remember, and we've played some teams that either WO-S also played or ones that beat teams that West Orange lost to. Kelly I can admit is pretty weak, but there are only 4 district games. We had to find 6 opponents to play. Kountze is pretty dang good as you can see by the way they're playing now. LCM is 4-1 in their district - their one loss so far coming from Jasper, who HJ beat in week 1. Center was ranked pretty high at the beginning of the season. They're not playing so well now, but they beat Jasper! Tatum pretty recently handed a butt whooping to Center, and HJ beat Tatum to round out their pre-district schedule. No, HJ district wins weren't AS dominant as we had hoped, but the OF game ended in a fluke, and HJ still won. HJ played really sloppy against HF, but they STILL WON! PLUS, they put up more points on them than WO-S did! Not to mention it was with the "slow and time eating" offense as opposed to WO-S who runs the high scoring spread offense! I only see one of us who is "stupid" here, and I'm not looking in a mirror.

Nope, try again. Maybe you meant HF put more points on HJ. Now that would be a true statement.

Take away two or three of the mistakes from last year and you could be talking a 20+ point swing.  Of course, if that game is close the the 'Stangs keep the pedal to the metal and all that jazz, so it makes that argument moot anyway.

BUT, I do not think your defense is as good.  Meanwhile, HJs offense is lightyears from where they were.

HJs weaknesses, Secondary (which I have a feeling they've been working on the last couple weeks) and special teams, specifically coverage.

That does play into your talents' hands.

This game will be hard fought by both teams, and I don't think a winner will be clear until late in the 4th.