WOS vs HJ Halloween Night

bone

But compare some of the teams last year to those this year. Is Jasper anything close to what it was last year? No. Silsbee? No. LCM? I doubt it. You can't really make that argument year to year.

The statement was that our offense is not as good as last year. There is no proof of that. The fact is that we have scored more points. No, Jasper is not as good and neither is Silsbee, but LCM is better, as is PNG, HF and OF isn't any worse. Funny that the two teams on the list you pick to mention are the only two who arent as good, so I think you already understand this...;)

The statement was that our offense is not as good as last year. There is no proof of that. The fact is that we have scored more points. No, Jasper is not as good and neither is Silsbee, but LCM is better, as is PNG, HF and OF isn't any worse. Funny that the two teams on the list you pick to mention are the only two who arent as good, so I think you already understand this... ;)

The only score differential that was drastically higher was HF. It's hard to make a case that your offense is so much better when you've played teams that are down this year. I mentioned those two for the sake of argumentation.

The only score differential that was drastically higher was HF. It's hard to make a case that your offense is so much better when you've played teams that are down this year. I mentioned those two for the sake of argumentation.

Ok, I'll spell this out for you because your still not getting it... I am not trying to say our offense is "so much better" I'm saying its definitely not worse than last yr like someone said in another post. And again, yes we have played some teams who are not as good as last yr, but we've also played some who are better.

Geez... Aren't you the same guy who said we "rely" on the long ball???? Lmbo

Ok, I'll spell this out for you because your still not getting it... I am not trying to say our offense is "so much better" I'm saying its definitely not worse than last yr like someone said in another post. And again, yes we have played some teams who are not as good as last yr, but we've also played some who are better.

Geez... Aren't you the same guy who said we "rely" on the long ball???? Lmbo

I'm the guy who said they seemed to rely on the long ball against HF in the first half. Because that's all they did. They couldn't move the ball on the ground, so they took to the air. I understand what you're saying, I'm simply making the point that some of your common opponents have gotten significantly worse, and I wouldn't use Silsbee and Jasper to validate your statement.

If they don't stop the run, how on earth would they win? HJ has an incredible running game. No one has stopped it yet, and no one has won yet. If you can't stop it, they'll run it down your throat. West Orange HAS to stop the run to win.

hj will hit a big play here and there in the run game, they may even roll up 2 or 3 first downs on a drive. However, hj CAN NOT beat WOS by merely running the ball. Your going to have to pass the rock at least 15 times and hit at least 2 or 3 big plays off of them to win.

hj will hit a big play here and there in the run game, they may even roll up 2 or 3 first downs on a drive. However, hj CAN NOT beat WOS by merely running the ball. Your going to have to pass the rock at least 15 times and hit at least 2 or 3 big plays off of them to win.

why? WOS's D is good, but their biggest strength is in their secondary. HJ's O-line should be able to hold their own against the stangs' D-line. HJ's strength of the run actually benefits them in the fact that it will neutralize the WOS secondary for most of the night. If WOS's secondary is getting a lot of action, that bodes well for the hawks, as it means their runners are breaking into the second level. that being said, if they aren't, HJ only has to average 3 or 4 yards a carry consistently to move the ball, and with their misdirection, there's a good possibility of that happening. HJ will take points any way they can get them, but for me sustained drives are the key to them winning, not a few quick strikes that immediately put their defense back out on the field.

why? WOS's D is good, but their biggest strength is in their secondary. HJ's O-line should be able to hold their own against the stangs' D-line. HJ's strength of the run actually benefits them in the fact that it will neutralize the WOS secondary for most of the night. If WOS's secondary is getting a lot of action, that bodes well for the hawks, as it means their runners are breaking into the second level. that being said, if they aren't, HJ only has to average 3 or 4 yards a carry consistently to move the ball, and with their misdirection, there's a good possibility of that happening. HJ will take points any way they can get them, but for me sustained drives are the key to them winning, not a few quick strikes that immediately put their defense back out on the field.

WOS is too fast, too quick for you to run, run, run. It just is not going to happen. Your not going to score time and time again on WOS by running the ball. Your going to have several sustained drives, I figure probably 4-5. To win your going to have to score TD's on at least 4, if not all 5.

Agree.  I see a game plan of hard running up the middle and tight outside in the first half and early third, then hit the outside with the speedsters once the D is sucking wind.

Kickoff in less than 11 hours!!

WOS is too fast, too quick for you to run, run, run. It just is not going to happen. Your not going to score time and time again on WOS by running the ball. Your going to have several sustained drives, I figure probably 4-5. To win your going to have to score TD's on at least 4, if not all 5.

When HJ breaks a big one, they will only have to outrun one, maybe two players in your secondary.  Everyone else will be sucked up into the line and most of them will have a blocker on them.  Believe what you want, but HJ does have a couple backs that have break away speed.  One missed tackle and it can be taken to the house.

They can be fast all they want. But you can bet your butt that there will be more than one occasion that those Mustangs will be chasing Logan Thompson when Tanner Jones has the ball. Then when Moreaux comes in with fresh legs, you can't catch him. He has incredible breakaway speed. HJ usually plays 4 down football, and if it's 4th and short, you might as well move the chains because Tanner Jones won't stop until he's got the first down. And don't forget that you can't tell if Padgett is blocking or running a route because it all looks the same. HJ offense will put up enough points. Just hope the HJ defense can get some stops when it counts.

They can be fast all they want. But you can bet your butt that there will be more than one occasion that those Mustangs will be chasing Logan Thompson when Tanner Jones has the ball. Then when Moreaux comes in with fresh legs, you can't catch him. He has incredible breakaway speed. HJ usually plays 4 down football, and if it's 4th and short, you might as well move the chains because Tanner Jones won't stop until he's got the first down. And don't forget that you can't tell if Padgett is blocking or running a route because it all looks the same. HJ offense will put up enough points. Just hope the HJ defense can get some stops when it counts.

You are joking right? You dont think we have 8 kids as fast or faster than him?? lol