WOS vs HJ Halloween Night

bone

WOS aren't as good as last year's team and that's obvious. But I know there will be a lot of upset HJ fans. Just like they hyped up the silsbee game last year with WOS and the central one. This is pretty much alike. If WOS stop the run they'll win by a Lon shot. If they don't they'll still win lol just might be by 10 or 15 😁😁

WOS aren't as good as last year's team and that's obvious. But I know there will be a lot of upset HJ fans. Just like they hyped up the silsbee game last year with WOS and the central one. This is pretty much alike. If WOS stop the run they'll win by a Lon shot. If they don't they'll still win lol just might be by 10 or 15

If they don't stop the run, how on earth would they win? HJ has an incredible running game. No one has stopped it yet, and no one has won yet. If you can't stop it, they'll run it down your throat. West Orange HAS to stop the run to win.

That would really depend on each others D. Which team, LaMarque or Lagrange, is better suited to stop the Wing T? Which one can stop the pass from the spread better?  That is what it boils down to. It sounds crazy, but  the game tomorrow night might make the difference in the playoff runs of both teams and win/loss could become better for either team depending on the next matchups. I.e. If LaGrange can be beat easier with the Wing T, would be better for HJ to play them. And vice versa. Now I know there will be a few games before those matchups but is interesting.

Yeah that's what I ment by matchups,that's what it's all about.Top bracket would play either Giddings or Wharton but that's not set in stone yet and Bellville in the bottom bracket in the second round.After this weekend all the brackets will be set and everyone will know where they fall.Then we can really analize it.

If they don't stop the run, how on earth would they win? HJ has an incredible running game. No one has stopped it yet, and no one has won yet. If you can't stop it, they'll run it down your throat. West Orange HAS to stop the run to win.

They don't have to stop the run to win.They just have to match score for score and not let HJ have the ball last with time to score.How's your kicking game?

No, we've beaten two teams thus far that have beaten Newton. The point I'm making is that if HJ can hang around with West Orange who beat PNG, why wouldn't HJ have a shot?

HJ would have a shot against PNG, but the matchup isn't very good for the hawks. the hawks would be much better suited to beating newton.

Yeah that's what I ment by matchups,that's what it's all about.Top bracket would play either Giddings or Wharton but that's not set in stone yet and Bellville in the bottom bracket in the second round.After this weekend all the brackets will be set and everyone will know where they fall.Then we can really analize it.

We wont know who plays La Marque in frist round.  HF and OF play last week of season.

Why not? Anything can happen on any given night. If HJ beats WO-S, would you still disagree?

Yes due to matchups. PNG offense far too much for HJ in my opinion. And dont say wos beat png. Yea i realize that but i unlike most don't play those type of scenarios. It was a different game between wos and.png with different matchups. WOS blanketed png wr with thompson in 2nd.half. hj doesnt have that luxury

Lets set the record straight! Tomorrow night HJ winning streak comes to an end, and then all you HJ fans will realize that maybe just maybe HJ's schedule wasn't quite as tough as HJ faithful's had hoped for. This WOS team as Berry world put it is not as dominant as last years team, the defense has allowed more points than last years chain gang and the offense is not as explosive either but the outcome will still be the same, but not by as many points. HJ players will quickly realize that WOS means business come kick off time!

They don't have to stop the run to win.They just have to match score for score and not let HJ have the ball last with time to score.How's your kicking game?

If HJ plays defense like they're capable of, you certainly will have to stop the run or HJ will score on every possession. If HJ scores every time they touch the ball WO-S will have a tough time. Every time you throw the ball, you take a huge risk in getting a turnover, far greater than running the ball. If WO-S relies on that, it will get ugly. HJ secondary may not be committed to Alabama, but it doesn't mean they aren't good.

If HJ plays defense like they're capable of, you certainly will have to stop the run or HJ will score on every possession. If HJ scores every time they touch the ball WO-S will have a tough time. Every time you throw the ball, you take a huge risk in getting a turnover, far greater than running the ball. If WO-S relies on that, it will get ugly. HJ secondary may not be committed to Alabama, but it doesn't mean they aren't good.

I said score for score.That does not include all those what ifs.

To me it is really simple! Which ever defense plays better wins! If the mustangs get a couple stops against hj and the run then the stangs can runaway with it. If hj gets the pressure they want on Dallas then they can win the game! But I believe rb screens and bubble screens and quick slants will beat the pass rush! Because if your blitzing the linebackers and we throw a quick slant or a screen it's basically one missed tackle and a score. If the mustangs get ahead early then I believe it's over. Hj is a run the ball and control the clock kind of team, not a quick score team like the stangs. So I believe the mustangs will get an early lead and keep it. Since it's Thursday I will give my prediction.

STANGS- 35
Hawks-21

To me it is really simple! Which ever defense plays better wins! If the mustangs get a couple stops against hj and the run then the stangs can runaway with it. If hj gets the pressure they want on Dallas then they can win the game! But I believe rb screens and bubble screens and quick slants will beat the pass rush! Because if your blitzing the linebackers and we throw a quick slant or a screen it's basically one missed tackle and a score. If the mustangs get ahead early then I believe it's over. Hj is a run the ball and control the clock kind of team, not a quick score team like the stangs. So I believe the mustangs will get an early lead and keep it. Since it's Thursday I will give my prediction.

STANGS- 35
Hawks-21

I hear HJ isn't a quick score team a lot, and to an extent that's true.  However, we are averaging nearly 40 points per game.  We can score on any play.  We have had several 50+ yard TDs this year.  At least 3 in our last matchup...

No.I'm saying the loser of wo-s/hj has to play a team that is just as good as the winner of the wo-s/hj game in the third round.In this case it would be LG but LM is no cake walk either.At the start of the season district 11 and 12 were given no thought at all and at that time I said a team seems to always get it togather that no one gave any chance to and that team has turned out to be LG.At first it looked like wo-s/hj had a great shot at getting out of the region.Now it looks like from a great shot to maybe just a good shot.Who ever gets out will beat the region 4 winner and a trip to Jerry World.I know it's all about how you match up with the team you play and not won/lost records so I might be just overthinking this.

"No one gave any chance"? Gun, you DO realize that LG was beaten in the Semi-finals last year?

Lets set the record straight! Tomorrow night HJ winning streak comes to an end, and then all you HJ fans will realize that maybe just maybe HJ's schedule wasn't quite as tough as HJ faithful's had hoped for. This WOS team as Berry world put it is not as dominant as last years team, the defense has allowed more points than last years chain gang and the offense is not as explosive either but the outcome will still be the same, but not by as many points. HJ players will quickly realize that WOS means business come kick off time!

The offense has scored more points this year against the same opponents than they did last year...

2013 LCM- 21

2014 LCM- 29 (in the first half)

2013 PNG- 34

2014 PNG- 33 

2013 HF- 36

2014 HF- 54

2013 Silsbee- 27

2014 Silsbee- 35

2013 Jasper- 18

2014 Jasper- 34

2013 OF- 38

2014 OF- 42

The offense has scored more points this year against the same opponents than they did last year...

2013 LCM- 21

2013 PNG- 34
2014 PNG- 33

2013 HF- 36
2014 HF- 54

2013 Silsbee- 27
2014 Silsbee- 35

2013 Jasper- 18
2014 Jasper- 34

2013 OF- 38
2014 OF- 42

Offense only played a half pretty much ever game last year also .....
Plus the Offense was held back alot

2013 LCM- 21

2013 PNG- 34

2014 PNG- 33 

2013 HF- 36

2014 HF- 54

2013 Silsbee- 27

2014 Silsbee- 35

2013 Jasper- 18

2014 Jasper- 34

2013 OF- 38

2014 OF- 42

But compare some of the teams last year to those this year. Is Jasper anything close to what it was last year? No. Silsbee? No. LCM? I doubt it. You can't really make that argument year to year.

coach dubois has his kids ready and belive me the kids are ready as well. with the likes of logan thompson running the ball a kid that had over 1,000 yards and a very good OL in front of him he makes things happen. on the other side HJ has two of the best LBs in southeast ,texas padgett and ames , this one reason they are 8-0. but it get better the key man that reads the D is there QB camden dubois the coaches son hard to beat that JMO

coach dubois has his kids ready and belive me the kids are ready as well. with the likes of logan thompson running the ball a kid that had over 1,000 yards and a very good OL in front of him he makes things happen. on the other side HJ has two of the best LBs in southeast ,texas padgett and ames , this one reason they are 8-0. but it get better the key man that reads the D is there QB camden dubois the coaches son hard to beat that JMO

Skipper, have you been scouting HJ's practices now?? Lol
😀