WOS vs HJ Halloween Night

bone

Regardless, on fresh legs, he's hard to catch - very good with his feet. They will bring him in when WO-S D is tired.

If you think WOS D gets winded like the other D's yall have faced, its going to be a rude awakening. I hope that is their game plan. LOL!!

Good point.

One thing I have learned over the years is that WO-S is one of the fittest teams in the area every year.

Its because our practices are like boot camp. No mercy. Oldschool football at its best. We may not be the biggest or strongest, but we were always going to be the best conditioned. Even the Thursday "walkthrough" was full pads!

Good point.

One thing I have learned over the years is that WO-S is one of the fittest teams in the area every year.

Oh trust me. I know they won't get worn down like the others. That Mustang mile has them good and ready. I just know they will more than likely save Moreaux for late 3rd and 4th. To catch them when they're "not as fresh" as the beginning of the game.

Oh trust me. I know they won't get worn down like the others. That Mustang mile has them good and ready. I just know they will more than likely save Moreaux for late 3rd and 4th. To catch them when they're "not as fresh" as the beginning of the game.

A while ago it was on "tired legs" he will blow by them, now it's just "not as fresh" legs. Y'all talk about WOS fans making bold statements, but your really the ones making the bold statements about what y'all are going to do. Then when someone besides a WOS person calls you out on it then you back off and reword it. If anyone has a reason to think there team is unstoppable it WOS. As everyone knows they have not been beaten in this district. Could you pull off the upset? Of course, but it's extremely unlikely. It truly makes you sound foolish coming on here talking about how unstoppable your team is and how your gameplan will beat the Mustangs, when coaches for the last 10 years who do it for a living can't figure it out. I know you next statement is I never said we "will" beat them, just that we can. But every statement you make is an unstoppable formula for success. Good luck, Go Mustangs!

WOS is too fast, too quick for you to run, run, run. It just is not going to happen. Your not going to score time and time again on WOS by running the ball. Your going to have several sustained drives, I figure probably 4-5. To win your going to have to score TD's on at least 4, if not all 5.

What does speed have to do with hitting you with 5 yards on a dive? or 4 on a trap? Then once you stack the middle we hit the outside for a good gain.. WOS speed will only help them when chasing down the Hawks runningbacks in open field.. WOS D looks too light to stop HJ from picking up 3or4 all night.

A while ago it was on "tired legs" he will blow by them, now it's just "not as fresh" legs. Y'all talk about WOS fans making bold statements, but your really the ones making the bold statements about what y'all are going to do. Then when someone besides a WOS person calls you out on it then you back off and reword it. If anyone has a reason to think there team is unstoppable it WOS. As everyone knows they have not been beaten in this district. Could you pull off the upset? Of course, but it's extremely unlikely. It truly makes you sound foolish coming on here talking about how unstoppable your team is and how your gameplan will beat the Mustangs, when coaches for the last 10 years who do it for a living can't figure it out. I know you next statement is I never said we "will" beat them, just that we can. But every statement you make is an unstoppable formula for success. Good luck, Go Mustangs!

Well all but this year and last. We had a different coach. 8 years I believe. And he is gone moved on. I like our chances a lot better with our current coach. You can not blame us for rooting for our team. Yes WOS has dominated district the last 10 years. But when WOS dropped from 4a to 3a you guys and myself included thought they might make it to and win state. But here we are 10 years later. No state rings in that time. That 3a now 4a level is a lot tougher than people thought. Good luck tonight. Go HAWKS

What does speed have to do with hitting you with 5 yards on a dive? or 4 on a trap? Then once you stack the middle we hit the outside for a good gain.. WOS speed will only help them when chasing down the Hawks runningbacks in open field.. WOS D looks too light to stop HJ from picking up 3or4 all night

It's the same line that held you to 6 points last year? Speed means the rover crashes around the end to stop a play up the middle, a CB blitzes off the edge to stop an outside run. Linebacker fills the hole before the back can get there. Gang tackling is HARD to overcome. Speed makes gang tackling happen. One reason the Cowboys are better is they got linebackers who can run. How many times are you going to run that trap before the defensive man gets wise to it?

Had to edit this one. That does not mean that I think 6 is all you will get this year. I think you will probably get 3 scores.

Stangs win this one tonight in a slobberknocker, hj has got to be a little worried when the rest of their teams kinda got blowed out. JV score doesn't bode well for hj's future in beating WOS, pressure on for them to win this ye

We have very few true JV players that was mostly our freshman. You know the same freshman that beat y'all last year as 8th graders and if we played your true freshman team it would have been another defeat for you. Your Freshman group CAN'T beat this HJ freshman group. 

On a side note I found it to be bad form to not let the HJ crowd sit on the visitor side. 

It's the same line that held you to 6 points last year? Speed means the rover crashes around the end to stop a play up the middle, a CB blitzes off the edge to stop an outside run. Linebacker fills the hole before the back can get there. Gang tackling is HARD to overcome. Speed makes gang tackling happen. One reason the Cowboys are better is they got linebackers who can run. How many times are you going to run that trap before the defensive man gets wise to it?

The strong side of the HJ line is entirely too big for WOS.. just watch you'll see why HJ has had the success they've had running the ball behind them. Your speed wont do much for you when HJ' O-line is blowing yalls D-line into the linebacker's laps. I know HJ's game plan wont be to try to out run WOS.. Everyone will see what a power run game is tonight. Should be a GREAT game.. Hj 35- Wos 28

What does speed have to do with hitting you with 5 yards on a dive? or 4 on a trap? Then once you stack the middle we hit the outside for a good gain.. WOS speed will only help them when chasing down the Hawks runningbacks in open field.. WOS D looks too light to stop HJ from picking up 3or4 all night.

For the record, I do think there will be times when hj appears to dominate WOS on the ground, the key is you HAVE to score everytime you get a little momentum and that is not going to happen every drive against WOS. If your having to drive the entire length of the field it will be hard to do. IMO for hj to win they have to have short fields and cash in almost every time they get in the red zone.

We have very few true JV players that was mostly our freshman. You know the same freshman that beat y'all last year as 8th graders and if we played your true freshman team it would have been another defeat for you. Your Freshman group CAN'T beat this HJ freshman group. 

On a side note I found it to be bad form to not let the HJ crowd sit on the visitor side. 

So you think you might can beat us once out of the next 4 or 5 years?

Well all but this year and last. We had a different coach. 8 years I believe. And he is gone moved on. I like our chances a lot better with our current coach. You can not blame us for rooting for our team. Yes WOS has dominated district the last 10 years. But when WOS dropped from 4a to 3a you guys and myself included thought they might make it to and win state. But here we are 10 years later. No state rings in that time. That 3a now 4a level is a lot tougher than people thought. Good luck tonight. Go HAWKS

I'm talking about all the coaches in the district, not just HJ coaches. Not 1 time did I mention state, all I talked about was district, nice try diverting the conversation though. For the record I'm not from WOS nor are they my team. Now since you brought up state, I know some of those years they were beat out by the state champion, hard to knock someone down for that. Also if I'm not mistaken yes there has always been a team knock them out since they dropped, but a lot of those instances it was just a town had an awesome team that year that came out on top. The constant was that they had to knock off WOS first to get there. They are deep in the playoffs most every year though, and I would love that for any school I rooted for. I also never blamed anyone for rooting for their team, just called you out for blasting WOS anytime they made a statement about putting a whooping on y'all. Yet every comment about your team is how awesome and unstoppable you will be.

This statement looks eerily similar to one of the CC fans on the CC/Newton prediction thread. We all know how that one ended up. lol!!

The strong side of the HJ line is entirely too big for WOS.. just watch you'll see why HJ has had the success they've had running the ball behind them. Your speed wont do much for you when HJ' O-line is blowing yalls D-line into the linebacker's laps. I know HJ's game plan wont be to try to out run WOS.. Everyone will see what a power run game is tonight. Should be a GREAT game.. Hj 35- Wos 28

We need to save this post about being too big. LOL!!!

LOL!!! Bold predictions when you know something wont happen huh? Sounds like Bedelman.