Nederland 39 Beaumont Central 36/Final

WOSgrad

bigcam, what you said right there is spot on, my man...you put your best foot forward, compete like hell and walk away with dignity and respect

At the end of the Day Razor, that's All we have is Dignity/Character. Morals will lead you throughout life; helps you stand in the face of adversity. No won/loss record can teach kids this. I see too many Coaches volunteers & paid get praises, but have no Morals. I can't sleep at night if I haven't taught kids this lesson. This is why many kids can't last or not allowed in my organization.

I do have some good news for all you Central clock watchers. You only have 8,743 hours 26 minutes and 25 seconds to go before you get another shot at the dogs. I can't promise the streak will still be alive, but you will get a chance to end your 5 year drought. It must be getting old losing to that same old undersized, lesser talented athletic team as you call us. Now you better hope GCM gets the 4th spot cause King will manhandle your team by at least 4 tds.

My goodness, that was an asinine post. And there is a lot of games to be played. If we get King, then so be it. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Central's RB and QB can turn on the afterburners. #12 is like tackling a greased pig. #7 just has too many great moves. I know you score when you can, but Central could give their defense a rest with some ball control. One play and two play drives puts your defense back on the field pretty quick. Ned was wearing them down with their ball control. Hands on the hips is a dead giveaway of being exhausted.

Down 36-21 in the 2nd quarter, things looked bleak. But a last second FG before the half and scoring a TD on the first drive of the 2nd half gave us the momentum we needed. Defense started getting some stops and the offense moved the chains and burned clock. What a game.

I hope central fans stay supportive of Toby. Full disclosure: I consider him a friend. And I will be the first to admit he's not perfect and makes his share of mistakes on the sideline. But this is still his first HC gig and I fully believe if he stays at Central, they will be a team to he reckoned with for years to come.

More importantly, he is all about the kids. I am sure some of you know this but he spends his free time in the summer (and his limited finances as a coach) driving these kids from camp to camp so that college coaches can see them. He has done this for years and still does as a HC. Why? Because he wants them to have a free education and a better life. It's no accident there are more schollies going to central FB players now. They didn't all of a sudden become more athletic. He busts his tail to give them every opportunity to.

So be patient Jags. I believe you made an incredible hire. And the best compliment I could pay the man is I would be proud for my own kid to play for him.

Man, Beaumont football must be the worst! Cause he's the best football coach in that whole damn town, believe that. Very young. If he doesn't get taken away by a better football district, I will back plenty of times to tell you I told you so.

How is he the best coach in the whole damn town when there is a coach in the Westend that's undefeated against him? Ignorant arse posters like you is the reason it's hard to route for Central!

Not whining, just commenting. I clearly gave Nederland their P's and showed my frustration with the play of our boys and my concerns with in game adjustments from our staff. Read the whole thing, not just one section

SOULJA with the talent central have at QB, why your coaches never utilize the middle of field with slants or such

Great ball game Dogs. Way to play your hearts out. I'm shouting out to the O line because you guys don't get enough credit for how well you are coming together. If the D can figure out how to play 4 Quarters of solid ball y'all can be dangerous. #1 listen to Dad. Don't get caught up in the extra after the play mess. You are the D leader. They need you out there. After Central went up 36-21 you came to the sidelines and told everyone in the stands "y'all don't give up on us" and then motivated your defensive players. Great leadership! Good Luck next week!