Nederland 39 Beaumont Central 36/Final

WOSgrad

Good game Nederland.

I've been supporting Foreman against the nay sayers, but he made some bad play calls in the red zone. Jaquet is limping, which means he couldn't get any push yet you try 2 QB sneaks with him? Smh...I guess all the big guys behind him were just for decoration. The sweep they ran on 4th, should have been run on 2nd and 3rd down...

I Completely agree!

Should've kicked a field goal to send it to OT...Central QB is good but damn he can't find the open receivers when he scrambling

Nope, I wouldn't have wanted ot. We would've gotten outcoached in the extra session. I agree with going for the win in thqt instance. Besides, Whaley, Jacquet and Jones was hurt.

Every play is designed to score every time it is run. Just like every defense is designed to stop every play. It comes down to execution. Central scared me when the snapped the ball especially on 3rd and long. Sometimes it is easy to place blame on coaches but foreman didn't make any plays. Now you can say what you want, but unless you have been there you don't know if you could do a better job. And even if you think you are the best(ozenfinest), there will always be someone who thinks they can do it better. Don't tell me how you can do it better, show me

Every play is designed to score every time it is run. Just like every defense is designed to stop every play. It comes down to execution. Central scared me when the snapped the ball especially on 3rd and long. Sometimes it is easy to place blame on coaches but foreman didn't make any plays. Now you can say what you want, but unless you have been there you don't know if you could do a better job. And even if you think you are the best(ozenfinest), there will always be someone who thinks they can do it better. Don't tell me how you can do it better, show me

Why does a person have to prove (or as you say, "show me") that he iis better than someone else in order to justify criticizing him? That is like saying that I cannot criticize a doctor unless I have graduated from medical school.

Believe it or not this Central team is far better than what we saw tonight. Personally i wouldn't have went up the middle when in fact they killed the corners on runs. Whaley if I spelled it right was missed on that last drive, and truly was the difference to that drive, besides a coaches play calling here and there. I also think their over aggressiveness opened the holes for Mr Krautz, that was closing quickly in the first half. This district of teams brings excitement and still have alot of football left to play.

Nederland 39, Beaumont Central 36-Final
Nederland Overall: 2-3 District: 2-0
Beaumont Central Overall: 3-2 District: 2-0

BOXSCORE
Friday October 10, 2014 7:00pm

1 2 3 4 Total
Nederland 14 10 15 0 39
Beaumont Central 14 22 0 0 36

Scoring summary
NED --Austin Krautz8-yard run(kick), 9:18, 1st.
BCT --Michael Jacquet38-yard run(kick), 8:48, 1st.
NED --Sage Seay1-yard run(kick), 2:00, 1st.
BCT --Devwah Whaley3-yard run(kick), 0:37, 1st.
BCT --Devwah Whaley28-yard run(kick), 10:15, 2nd.
NED --Austin Krautz9-yard passfrom Sage Seay(kick), 7:21, 2nd.
BCT --Michael Jacquet51-yard run(kick), 7:11, 2nd.
BCT --Carnell Seals12-yard passfrom Michael Jacquet(pass), 0:53, 2nd.
NED --James Brindza31-yard field goal, 0:12, 2nd.
NED --Austin Krautz8-yard run(kick), 9:08, 3rd.
NED --Marcus Barton4-yard run(pass), 1:48, 3rd.

Team Stats
Nederland Beaumont Central
Total yards 290 460
First downs 27 18
Rushes/Yds 53/236 41/365
Average rush 4.45 8.9
Comp/Atts 8/18/0 5/16/0
Pass yards 54 95
Comp pct 44.44 31.25
Fumbles/Lost 0/0 1/0
Penalties-yards

Krautz- 27-144. 3 catches for 54
Seay- 20-73

Jaquet- 17-178
Whaley- 16-147

Saw the highlight of the last play on the news, kid was clearly down before reaching out the ball, but honestly surprised the official made the right call.  That's one high school officials get fooled on at times, but they got it right.  Austin Krautz is a big time playmaker and is coming into his own.  If he can do that against Central, he can do it against anybody.  Lastly, if you want to know what makes the program go, watch the KFDM interview, toward the end, Sage Seay runs up and kisses his coach on the cheek, there is much love in that lockerroom, and they spill it on the field every Friday night.

Great job by the Nederland defense in the 2nd half holding Central to ZERO points! Way to make adjustments at half

so all of those that were raising questions about how great is the head coach at nederland, here is the answer.  Central was out coached.  The stand at the 1 demonstrated that.  Able to get the most out of his kids and make the needed adjustments as well as surround himself with a incredible coaching staff  this does tend to put Neumann among the best

well. that's awful classy if true!  The best thing abot last night is that this team put their own undeniable mark on this winning streak...that was nothing but blood and guts and spit and snot and all that stuff to win that one...this group showed their heart last night and made a statement that they will not be an easy out...to be the team, you gotta beat the team...it will happen one day, but this group made a statement last night that they don't want it to be against them.

This is the reason I call the Nederland coach 'tricky'. He starts the game off with an onside kick and nedrrlnd recovers.. . That told me that Nederland's plan was to win the possession battle. So basically, you receive the ball at the beginning AND after halftime. Brilliant strategy. And the stratagy to kick either pooch or onside kick the entire game was brilliant. Even though they were undermanned, Nederland came into this game with every intention of winning.

They scored on their opening drived at the beginning and scored after halftime.

Nederland also was the ONLY team that held pur passing game in check this year. Again, thank the Nederlnd staff. Props to them.

Now here are some things that Central actually could have controlled:

Even though the passing game wasn't there most of the night, the running game was wide open in the second half. Whaley and Jacquet were men on the ground. Now here is the problem. Later in this game, adjustments were made on how Nederland handled Whaley and to keep Jacquet from taking off. I noticed that before the ball was snapped, Nederland d-lineman shifted. I assume they were aware of the running lanes we wanted to take. My problem is that there was NO adjustment to Nederland's adjustment. (Outcoached in that aspect). We could have controlled the Nederland running game better. They ran like 3 plays and it took our staff almost 2 1/2 quarters to even remotely figure it out. Your scouting reports should have shown you Nederland's tendencies. (Outcoached in that aspect). You should also know that the Nederland trick play is comming. They do it EVERY year and had the scouting been dine, you would've been ready for a hook and lateral or something like that (outcoached I. This aspect.

Now, I'm not gonna jusy blame the Staff. Our players goofed up as well. Late in that second qyarter, you run the Nederland qb out of bounds. Still not in fg range, but you hit him late out of bounds (yes, young man, you did hit him late). There is a 15 yard penalty. Nederland kicks a fg, which ultimately was the difference tonight.

Our best receiver dropped a td pass in the second half while having like 5 steps on the defender. That's 7 points we left on the field.

And finally, the last possession. Now, I do know what the staff was thinking. They wanted to score and leave as little time as possible on the clock for Nederland which almost worked. The last 4 plays, although questionable, should have produced a td. Although we could have used Whaley in that series, we got the play we wanted on that 4th and 1. Good tackle by the Nederland defender, poor effort by our rb. You have to leap over the defender/pile. He tried to run the Nederland player over. Youre not a bruiser back to be attempting that move.

What really chapped my hide was the very next play. Nederland had 1st and 10 at their own 1 yard line.There is a possibility that a snap it bobbled and we can score from that close in We get a personal foul and give them 15 yard.

My players gotta do better. Our coaching staff gotta do better.

The officiating? Let's just say judging by how the game was called, one would have though we were in MC. The pass interference was when both the players were physical. Tjw pass interference that was supposed to be against Nederland was deemed uncatchable (go figure). The holding calls on our long runs are questionable, especially since everyone knows that you can call holding in every play if you want. Finally, the 4th and 1 play. If the ball crosses the goal line, it's a td. The jumbotron screen clearly showed that. But hey, who am I?

All and all, good game, Nederland. You had a game plan, and you executed and you beat one of the more better Jag teams that has came through.

Jags, your 3 losses on the season have ALL been by 1 score. Youre in every game. Get them miscues fuxed and you could very well be undefeated now. Got to get better, Staff included. We have Ozen comming up and the big game vs. PN-G.

Good game, worth the price of admission and the parking fee..