WOS QB ?

Seriously ?????, thats a topic that will never be discussed           objectively on this web site. For one, for most of the people on this site who claim to be Wos fans it would be blasphemy to even suggest that the best quarterback is not playing, even though its obvious to any objective observer , and how dare ANYONE question Thompson's decision making, or objectivity when it comes to who gets to play ( Shaw, Miller, Baldwin etc.....) as I've said before, i thought the objective was winning championships , not rewarding good manners, or politness , but putting the best players, and the best team on the field !!!!!! Of course Johnson gives the team a better chance of winning, but who cares about that ??????= 

Seriously ?????, thats a topic that will never be discussed objectively on this web site. For one, for most of the people on this site who claim to be Wos fans it would be blasphemy to even suggest that the best quarterback is not playing, even though its obvious to any objective observer , and how dare ANYONE question Thompson's decision making, or objectivity when it comes to who gets to play ( Shaw, Miller, Baldwin etc.....) as I've said before, i thought the objective was winning championships , not rewarding good manners, or politness , but putting the best players, and the best team on the field !!!!!! Of course Johnson gives the team a better chance of winning, but who cares about that ??????=

You're making no sense, if you wan to win you have to play the best. Point blank period! And the best is Johnson

My objective opinion is that Will is an exceptional athlete. He did an outstanding job against PNG. A team who did not have the luxury of preparing for him. What I'm looking at is the ultimate goal. A state championship. We have had athletes in the past who try to do to much. Force passes when they shouldn't wait to long on passes they should throw and just generally, make bad decisions in paramount games as evidenced by 17 turnovers in 3 regional semi-final games. Dallas has taken his lumps, no doubt, but I think he will gain confidence and become a good decision maker and a good field general. I believe he can become a person who can manage the game. Most state champions today have QB's who do well at managing the game. They don't make mistakes and they don't turn the ball over. The Carthage QB last year was not the best athlete on the field, but he did a great job of managing the game and getting the ball to the people who can make plays. The same with the Navasota QB the year before. They played smart and distributed the ball. Peyton Manning is not the best athlete on the field and neither is Tom Brady, but they have the hardware to prove they are the best choice at QB.

None of the QB's of the last few yrs have gone into the latter part of the season with people still chattering about why they are at the position or giving others a shot. Apparently, Jack has earned a shot and any REAL Mustang fan should support that decision. I believe, when all is said and done, he'll be one of the best we've had. Some may like that, some may not, but it's my opinion. Best athlete on the field? Nope. Best choice for QB? I believe so and I believe, given time, he will prove it. So, that's my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

So you think a high school program should be all about winning at all cost regardless of the character and behavior of the student? I may have misunderstood your comment?

I think you did misunderstand. Let's presume that they are all great kids(and I think they are) now read 21 hondo's post. Makes since doesn't it ?

My objective opinion is that Will is an exceptional athlete. He did an outstanding job against PNG. A team who did not have the luxury of preparing for him. What I'm looking at is the ultimate goal. A state championship. We have had athletes in the past who try to do to much. Force passes when they shouldn't wait to long on passes they should throw and just generally, make bad decisions in paramount games as evidenced by 17 turnovers in 3 regional semi-final games. Dallas has taken his lumps, no doubt, but I think he will gain confidence and become a good decision maker and a good field general. I believe he can become a person who can manage the game. Most state champions today have QB's who do well at managing the game. They don't make mistakes and they don't turn the ball over. The Carthage QB last year was not the best athlete on the field, but he did a great job of managing the game and getting the ball to the people who can make plays. The same with the Navasota QB the year before. They played smart and distributed the ball. Peyton Manning is not the best athlete on the field and neither is Tom Brady, but they have the hardware to prove they are the best choice at QB.

None of the QB's of the last few yrs have gone into the latter part of the season with people still chattering about why they are at the position or giving others a shot. Apparently, Jack has earned a shot and any REAL Mustang fan should support that decision. I believe, when all is said and done, he'll be one of the best we've had. Some may like that, some may not, but it's my opinion. Best athlete on the field? Nope. Best choice for QB? I believe so and I believe, given time, he will prove it. So, that's my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

Lol. I'm done there is soooooo much home cooking in this post. This is America and everyone has the right to their opinion and I respect that. If I understand you right you just blamed our last 3 playoff losses on the quarterbacks.then you pretty much said that the past qb's were athletic but not smart enough to manage the game. I know anything is possible but you actually said that the current qb could be one of the best ever. Like I said I'm done. Never to respond to this crap again.

Lol. I'm done there is soooooo much home cooking in this post. This is America and everyone has the right to their opinion and I respect that. If I understand you right you just blamed our last 3 playoff losses on the quarterbacks.then you pretty much said that the past qb's were athletic but not smart enough to manage the game. I know anything is possible but you actually said that the current qb could be one of the best ever. Like I said I'm done. Never to respond to this crap again.

No, what you just did was put words in his mouth and try to manipulate his comments to fit your own agenda. This is hs football with kids playing. Maybe, just maybe, some people are taking this a little too seriously. And if you think the coaches at Wos aren't going to play the best option to win, why not go apply for the HC/AD job over there? Just saying.

It's beyond laughable that folks like Hondo21 (with a grand total of 12 posts) make such wild accusations as they continue to grind their axe. The notion that any player is on the field because he is a "good kid" or as Hondo21 puts it "polite and well mannered" instead of another player who is better at the position is so disrespectful to the entire coaching staff it's not even comprehensible. I'm sure somewhere folks like Hondo21 were on the "fire Cornel bus" in 2011 when WO-S started the season 1-3 and then they fell by the wayside as the Mustangs reeled off 9 straight wins en route to the 4th round of the playoffs. Here is a newsflash for all the haters out there........

YOU DO NOT WIN AS MANY GAMES AS WOS HAS BY PLAYING THE WRONG GUYS!!!! IT DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT!!! IF IT DID THEN THE RELIGOUS SCHOOLS WOULD RULE TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL BECAUSE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST CITIZENS!! (insert sarcasm LOL!)

It's just absolutely incredible that this many people are so up in arms over this situation after 1 loss to a quality program, talk about fair weather fans. And for all the folks screaming for a change at the QB position I invite you to take a look at the tape because 1 guy does not lose a game by himself. Plenty of blame to go around that's for sure. Were there some passes overthrown, yes. Were there some good passes dropped, yes. Were there other variables that contributed to the loss, absolutely. Please do us all a favor and either get over it, get out, or get on board and support the team. There are plenty of people who would trade places with some of the "ultra complacent" WOS fans. It's obvious that success has spoiled some folks while others remain grateful to be part of such a good program. Think about it......

Rake1

It's beyond laughable that folks like Hondo21 (with a grand total of 12 posts) make such wild accusations as they continue to grind their axe. The notion that any player is on the field because he is a "good kid" or as Hondo21 puts it "polite and well mannered" instead of another player who is better at the position is so disrespectful to the entire coaching staff it's not even comprehensible. I'm sure somewhere folks like Hondo21 were on the "fire Cornel bus" in 2011 when WO-S started the season 1-3 and then they fell by the wayside as the Mustangs reeled off 9 straight wins en route to the 4th round of the playoffs. Here is a newsflash for all the haters out there........

YOU DO NOT WIN AS MANY GAMES AS WOS HAS BY PLAYING THE WRONG GUYS!!!! IT DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT!!! IF IT DID THEN THE RELIGOUS SCHOOLS WOULD RULE TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL BECAUSE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST CITIZENS!!

It's just absolutely incredible that this many people are so up in arms over this situation after 1 loss to a quality program, talk about fair weather fans. And for all the folks screaming for a change at the QB position I invite you to take a look at the tape because 1 guy does not lose a game by himself. Plenty of blame to go around that's for sure. Were there some passes overthrown, yes. Were there some good passes dropped, yes. Were there other variables that contributed to the loss, absolutely. Please do us all a favor and either get over it, get out, or get on board and support the team. There are plenty of people who would trade places with some of the "ultra complacent" WOS fans. It's obvious that success has spoiled some folks while others remain grateful to be part of such a good program. Think about it......

Rake1

Just a fantastic post (I exceeded my daily limit of likes but this one is so good, I will come back and hit it tomorrow).

Unfortunately, it will assuredly fall on deaf ears. He's not the only one since last Friday that has said, or strongly insinuated, cornel has no idea what he is doing. Kills me that some WOS fans have absolutely no idea how good they have it. But one day they will. They have had Hooks and Thompson for the last 30+ years. One day, at some point, they will realize what they had and pine for the good old days. Because nothing lasts forever and no school always makes great hires (or has great hires available to them).

It's beyond laughable that folks like Hondo21 (with a grand total of 12 posts) make such wild accusations as they continue to grind their axe. The notion that any player is on the field because he is a "good kid" or as Hondo21 puts it "polite and well mannered" instead of another player who is better at the position is so disrespectful to the entire coaching staff it's not even comprehensible. I'm sure somewhere folks like Hondo21 were on the "fire Cornel bus" in 2011 when WO-S started the season 1-3 and then they fell by the wayside as the Mustangs reeled off 9 straight wins en route to the 4th round of the playoffs. Here is a newsflash for all the haters out there........

YOU DO NOT WIN AS MANY GAMES AS WOS HAS BY PLAYING THE WRONG GUYS!!!! IT DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT!!! IF IT DID THEN THE RELIGOUS SCHOOLS WOULD RULE TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL BECAUSE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST CITIZENS!! (insert sarcasm LOL!)

It's just absolutely incredible that this many people are so up in arms over this situation after 1 loss to a quality program, talk about fair weather fans. And for all the folks screaming for a change at the QB position I invite you to take a look at the tape because 1 guy does not lose a game by himself. Plenty of blame to go around that's for sure. Were there some passes overthrown, yes. Were there some good passes dropped, yes. Were there other variables that contributed to the loss, absolutely. Please do us all a favor and either get over it, get out, or get on board and support the team. There are plenty of people who would trade places with some of the "ultra complacent" WOS fans. It's obvious that success has spoiled some folks while others remain grateful to be part of such a good program. Think about it......

Rake1

Exactly!!!! This is the point I've wanted to make but too lazy to type as much as you. Lol.
Most of the time, it's the ones that maybe weren't good enough... or better yet didn't want to work hard enough.. to start for the Mustangs and have an axe to grind with certain coaches. I just think it's sad. Grown men get on this site and want to belittle kids that are trying as hard as they can to succeed, only to see the garbage on a web site about them. Trust me, the kids read this stuff.

Mr. Berry , im sure you can discern sarcasm when you read it & at the end of mypost I clearly stated that Johnson give the team a much better chance of winning. For all the simple minds on here nobody said criminals should be playing, but neither does being a " Good Kid" qualify you to play, especially when other players are better. Being good has absolutely nothing to do with ( Speed, jumping ability, agility, strength, or quickness) the things that makes one a good athlete !!!!! Experience and practice can not be conflated with TALENT, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME,A 10th grader running a 5.8 40yrd dash is gonna be a 12 th grader running a 5.8 40 !!!! As far as a player reading this sight, DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THEY DIDNT ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY WERE & WERE NOT CAPABLE OF???? the same hypocrites who are bemoaning anyone telling the truth about this QB, had no problem clamoring for Chase to replace Salter , when Chase was a freshman, and where is all of that concern for the tender ears & eyes of teenagers when young men take wrong path & end up breaking the law ????? Suddenly no one cares that they have the mind of a teenager,Lock em up & throw away the key is usually the response . By the way , I WONDER HOW SMART YOU HAVE TO BE TO COMPLETE 30% OF YOUR PASSES, or not be able to avoid the rush, or not out run 300 pound linemen, ?????????

[quote name="21 hondo" post="1554739" timestamp="1412990575"]

Mr. Berry , im sure you can discern sarcasm when you read it & at the end of mypost I clearly stated that Johnson give the team a much better chance of winning. For all the simple minds on here nobody said criminals should be playing, but neither does being a " Good Kid" qualify you to play, especially when other players are better. Being good has absolutely nothing to do with ( Speed, jumping ability, agility, strength, or quickness) the things that makes one a good athlete !!!!! Experience and practice can not be conflated with TALENT, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME,A 10th grader running a 5.8 40yrd dash is gonna be a 12 th grader running a 5.8 40 !!!! As far as a player reading this sight, DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THEY DIDNT ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY WERE & WERE NOT CAPABLE OF???? the same hypocrites who are bemoaning anyone telling the truth about this QB, had no problem clamoring for Chase to replace Salter , when Chase was a freshman, and where is all of that concern for the tender ears & eyes of teenagers when young men take wrong path & end up breaking the law ????? Suddenly no one cares that they have the mind of a teenager,Lock em up & throw away the key is usually the response . By the way , I WONDER HOW SMART YOU HAVE TO BE TO COMPLETE 30% OF YOUR PASSES, or not be able to avoid the rush, or not out run 300 pound linemen, ?????????[/quot

How about stop bashing a kid!! Uncalled for to try and belittle him. Are you upset that he is playing to his potential tonight?? Smh!