Nederland vs PNG ----- Bet!!

When Nederland has good years, they maybe get two or three rounds into the playoffs....

When PN-G has good years they go to at least the semifinals...

Would love to compare the number of semifinal, state finalist, and state champion trophies earned overall from both schools...

It's not even close.

Facts are facts....

When Nederland is good, they are a wannabe PN-G

Quite possibly the most uninformed post I've read in a while.... do some homework kid.  PNG has the edge, but the NOT EVEN CLOSE comment is silly if we're talking about 4 rounds or deeper.  And if we are talking about Regional Final Appearances... which some would claim might be pretty good, you will be choking on the "NOT EVEN CLOSE" comment.  Remember, Nederland went big school back when there were only three teams in the playoffs.  Ran into a couple of McCowns among others.. Good try though.

When Nederland has good years, they maybe get two or three rounds into the playoffs....

Would love to compare the number of semifinal, state finalist, and state champion trophies earned overall from both schools...
It's not even close.

Facts are facts....

Now.......Tell us how you really feel!!!!!

so what if you ran into some mccowns, not impressed. lol, seems like every year we get knocked out of the playoffs as of here recently In last 20 years, the winning team has made the finals with the exception of Crosby. Yes Nederland has made some good runs, till they get passed the semifinal with a win it don't mean squat.  it is what it is that is why midcounty madness is the go to game lol. But for now focus on Central they aren't gonna bow down till they score 45 or more points. The meat of the season is here. this is what district is all about. Time to put up or shut up.

Beat one of em, that wasn't the point.  The point was the "not even close" comment is uninformed and vastly incorrect.  You don't take cheap shots Bia, the comment from Purple4ever, was out of left field, it's just more of an attempt to de-legitimatize either Nederland or PNG, much like the post about the PNG fan that a Nederland grandparent had a bad experience with.  They are not representative and don't paint an accurate picture... either way.  Let's play the games, they will be fun to watch... for somebody anyway.

PNG SUCKS. Their colors suck, their mascot sucks, and their fans suck. Nobody in Nederland is a wanna be injun, thats your arrogance talking.

I feel better already. your turn.

Dang footballo4 tell us how you really feel!! lol,,,,,,,,,,maybe your attitude had something to do with your son growing up and being one of the best at linebacker!!!!!!!! Teach em young!! lol

It's not even close.

Facts are facts....

Looks like maybe you should worry about your own team.

Dayton: (31-26-1 playoff record, 53.4% WP)

0 State titles

1 Final appearance (2008)

1 Semi-Final appearance. (2008)

Nederland: (44-30-3 playoff record, 57.1%  WP)

1 State Title (1957)

3 Finals appearances (last in 1961)

4 Semi- Final appearances  (last one in 2001)

PNG: (43-23-1 playoff record, 64.1% WP)

3 State Titles (1953,1955,1975)

5 Finals appearances (last in 1999)

7 Semi-Final appearances. (last in 1999)

Looks like maybe you should worry about your own team.

Dayton:

0 State titles
1 Final appearance (2008)
1 Semi-Final appearance. (2008)

Nederland:
1 State Title (1957)
3 Finals appearances (last in 2001)
4 Semi- Final appearances (last one in 2001)

PNG:
3 State Titles (1953,1955,1975)
5 Finals appearances (last in 1999)
7 Semi-Final appearances. (last in 1999)

Nederland did not make it to the state championship in 2001 they lost to smithson valley in the semi finals that year

PNG wins are against teams that are a combined 5-15.  Beat your chests all you want, but you don't exactly have any "quality" wins either.

Pretty Good point, but its 9-17 for all the PNG fans that were wondering. Clear Lake(2-3) WOS(4-2) Chapel Hill(2-3) Lee(0-5) GCM(1-4) PNG has only played one quality team in WOS and they had a 3rd string QB.  Plus PNGs next opponent is Lumberton (1-4). So please get hyped like PNG has accomplished something and there are now world beaters and are gonna thrash Nederland because they are putting up points on the schools who give up 35+ every game.

Correct. As I posted earlier, the district in General is weak... To be the man you have to beat the man.... Nederland is currently the man.... All of the years of stats mean absolutely nothing. We all know who comes out on top of those numbers... It's about this year... I do not think there is much separation between the 2 teams. I do think Nederland has by far the best staff in the district.. And I do trust that they will have a excellent gameplay.. I can only hope that PNG has the same excellent gameplay and is able to adjust to whatever might be thrown at them... And I'm sure it will come down to whoever makes less mistakes.... Just a good hard fought game in the BEST rivalry in Texas.... Until then I will talk no trash against the Bulldogs. But if we can pull out a win for the first time in a long time.... I might not shut up..... What Nederland has done the past few years is awesome... We will see......