West End Beaumont Bulldogs Coach Probation

1212kmg

my child knows what's going on and is wondering why he is sitting 3rd in the playoffs and he beat the Lumberton blue and they are sitting 2nd. And I can't even explain to him why because the STJFL board haven't given us a reason.. What THE BOARD don't understand is they are only hurting the children in this. Our team don't have their Head coach whose been coaching them since August and they get TWO games taken away from them just because the board wants their team to get in the playoffs!! CRAZINESS

Funny how the the people who think kids that get beat by 65 points are too stupid to care about the game is the same people that have kids who understand the whole playoff system. Quit crying about a loss and move on like you tell everybody else. If you that good it dont matter where you place.

Funny how the the people who think kids that get beat by 65 points are too stupid to care about the game is the same people that have kids who understand the whole playoff system. Quit crying about a loss and move on like you tell everybody else. If you that good it dont matter where you place.

Never said any kid was stupid. And we takes our lost like champs well our REAL LOST (ex. PNGW) not the ones that are taken from us with no explanation (ex. Lumw AND LumB)

My advice to you and others who are still upset about the forfeit and the way things are run is this! Deal with the cards you have been dealt and fight your way out of this wet paper bag! Your better than this and know what you need to do to achieve your goal so move forward and do it! What happened is the past and their not going to change their minds so let it be! Turn it around and coach your kids and be the team you want to be and follow their rules for a few more weeks and once it's over then revisit the laws and see what comes about! Until then be the Bmt you believe you can be and let's let this argument die! Everybody knows but don't nobody know is all I keep reading! I wanna talk smack not discuss why this happened! It's old, we beat png white lost to you and you lost to them so we're in a 3 way tie for king of STJFL and were from the small school so now what? Hah

For future consideration by the Board

From the By-laws:

Article XVII, Section 1. "Should these by-laws now, or in the future become invalid, outdated, or judged to be detrimental, or in violation of any State or Federal guidelines, STJFL will immediately make arrangements to make the necessary amendments to ensure that this Association be in full and complete compliance."

Article XVI, Section 1. "Any amendment to these by-laws must be made by a 2/3rds majority vote of STJFL board members present and voting at a regular or special called meeting. Each STJFL board member must be duly notified in writing at least 15 days in advance of the proposed vote or change. No by-law amendments will be made after the regularly scheduled meeting in May in the current calendar year of the STJFL. Amendments to the by-laws shall become effective immediately upon a proper vote."

Well Marie, I'm not going to argue with you about what's respectful in your eyes or mine! I firmly believe that we did the right thing and would never second guess my coaching decision or my head coaches decision from this weekend! The opposing team asked if we were ok with running the clock which made the game time fly! We subbed out kids left and right the entire game and yes I pulled my starters on defense because we always do! I love kids and would never want to disrespect a team or player but it's only our fault for teaching the kids to play good defense! I will never tell my kids to let someone score! What is that teaching them? What is that showing our opponent? If you ask 100 coaches and 100 kids if they were losing would they be happy or proud if the opposing team "just let them score" I am sure the answer 200 times would be NO! To me that is more embarrassing then running the score up! I have been in this league for a long time and my real name is Coach Dubby, I have nothing to hide on here! Our coaches love kids and we do what's right in our hearts! No one has a complaint against us nor we against anyone else! I respect your question and I hope you understand my response! We coach to improve and prepare for Friday night ball not just a good story at work!

It seems to me that your team, BMT, PNG W and Ned W Jr  are all doing the same when it comes to getting prepared for Sat and executing what your team is taught. So why BMT/ Ned W Jr  team getting punished? You answered the question pretty much how I figured you would, regarding defense and what is that teaching a kid. Same goes for offense what is it teaching a kid who never runs the ball and has the chance to score but is  being told not to score? I agree there are a number of teams that  are all preparing their kids for the next level and when you see those teams  playing on friday it shows. As you have stated in another post what has been done is done and hopefully those other STJFL Board members will come together for what do what is best for the league. Good Luck in your final 2 games and the playoffs.

Sorry if my response is what you expected but our staff is well respected and we follow the rules! Our kids love the game and they learn from this program! We never tell kids not to score we just don't and if you swap kids around you can control the flow of the game without all this hoopla! It's called being a responsible coach and I feel that we do it well!

Sorry if my response is what you expected but our staff is well respected and we follow the rules! Our kids love the game and they learn from this program! We never tell kids not to score we just don't and if you swap kids around you can control the flow of the game without all this hoopla! It's called being a responsible coach and I feel that we do it well!

Come on know IceWater lets not go there. We havent broken a written rule in three years. We are respected also. I can come back to the fruit and get all the love i want. Being respected by racist, grownups living through their kids, and just bad people its not a goal of mine. I can care less about what those types of people think of me. And to take it a step further all of the above people laugh and smile in our faces but say and do different things at their board meetings. I'm upset because you and the rest of the league are attempting to drag our names in the mud on the cool, were not criminals and i'm getting tired of this board and the league attempting to paint that picture. I've been quiet because of my son, so if yall want to play hard ball we can!! so lets stop throwing jabs at the two coaches in question here and i will be just fine. You know who i am so lets stop acting like WOS has such great coaching and your the spokes person for how its done. You know how to get in touch with me!!!

True True True.....

Very well respected coaching team.

threads like this are entertaining and sad at the same time.

a bunch of dads trying to live through their kids.

at their age you should be teaching the kids fundamentals and developing all the kids instead of worrying about the score. yes it is nice to win but not necessary. no one really cares who won some youth league 2 years from now.

what is funny is most the kids who are big stars in the youth leagues are early bloomers. once the other kids catch up to them or out grow them they are nobodies.  

only time winning matters is varsity ball. everything else is instructional league.

It seems to me that your team, BMT, PNG W and Ned W Jr are all doing the same when it comes to getting prepared for Sat and executing what your team is taught. So why BMT/ Ned W Jr team getting punished? You answered the question pretty much how I figured you would, regarding defense and what is that teaching a kid. Same goes for offense what is it teaching a kid who never runs the ball and has the chance to score but is being told not to score? I agree there are a number of teams that are all preparing their kids for the next level and when you see those teams playing on friday it shows. As you have stated in another post what has been done is done and hopefully those other STJFL Board members will come together for what do what is best for the league. Good Luck in your final 2 games and the playoffs.

Marie - I can tell you the reason. WOS is in the small school division. It doesn't matter to the Lumberton STJFL president if they are 5-0 or 0-5 / in first place or last place. It has no bearing on his child's team (Lumberton W sr. )and the playoffs. And he's not mad at WOS for smack talking on a forum. He and other board members that post on here are unable to remain objective when it comes to BMT. One certain board member has a picture of himself on Facebook (for the world to see) holding a go pro camera so he can nip adult unsportsmanlike conduct in the bud. Maybe he filmed the bmt game? The comments under the photo and dates posted are kind of interesting as well. Facebook is a wonderful thing....

In the coaches code of conduct it states that if a violation occurs the board shall decide punishment. Punishments include - verbal warning, probation, suspension, and a ban. I will be happy to post this document if anyone is interested. The Nederland coach was verbally warned and then suspended. I really have no idea why the STJFL did this other than a BMT team was the one Ned beat 65-0 and BMT is always accused of running up the score. I would guess it was for appearance sake.

The coaches code of conduct nor the bylaws address the forfeiture of games. They do however address discriminating against players based on their ability.

For those that think this isn't personal consider this : before the game was over the STJFL president (who's kid is on Sr lumberton W) was on the phone at halftime with our league president complaining!

It's all really nice and neat for it to be handled this way. Funny how the "ethics" committee met twice without including the BMT board member. And she was a member of this committee. The STJFL president recused himself from the vote as did the bmt president. But it really doesn't matter because it was already decided before during the two meetings that were held prior to the board meeting.

All this goes back to peewee football and a personal grudge. No one should think otherwise.

You are kidding yourselves if you think this isn't personal. Another thing to consider when evaluating BMT's guilt or innocence. There is an email floating around from last year in which the STJFL president says if you think this isn't personal for him then you are wrong.

Icewater/tea - it's hard to just let it go when there are things like the above going on. Just like you are teaching your players, we are teaching ours. Teaching them that right is right and wrong is wrong. And to stand up for themselves and more importantly others. This is just a game but somehow it's representative of so much more than that.

Why is the assumption that BMT is guilty? There is no evidence - just supposition. I challenge one of the board members to post the video! The video that was used to suspend a coach!! I also would be interested to know who took the video? Is it clips or a complete game from start to finish? Just post it - After all the truth will set you free.

threads like this are entertaining and sad at the same time.

a bunch of dads trying to live through their kids.

at their age you should be teaching the kids fundamentals and developing all the kids instead of worrying about the score. yes it is nice to win but not necessary. no one really cares who won some youth league 2 years from now.

what is funny is most the kids who are big stars in the youth leagues are early bloomers. once the other kids catch up to them or out grow them they are nobodies.

only time winning matters is varsity ball. everything else is instructional league.

This statement really drives it home for me..... What's really sad is that you consider winning in high school football the only time winning really matters...... That's funny!

This statement really drives it home for me..... What's really sad is that you consider winning in high school football the only time winning really matters...... That's funny!

yes because coaches get and lose jobs depending on their varsity record.

coaches don't lose their job because the freshman team went 0-10. you don't put on a resume i coached the 8th grade B team to a district title.

you don't keep underclassmen off varsity so your JV can win district(well maybe lumberton does :P  ).

so in reality only time winning matters is at the varsity level. like i said it is nice to win at any level but not required.

Come on know IceWater lets not go there. We havent broken a written rule in three years. We are respected also. I can come back to the fruit and get all the love i want. Being respected by racist, grownups living through their kids, and just bad people its not a goal of mine. I can care less about what those types of people think of me. And to take it a step further all of the above people laugh and smile in our faces but say and do different things at their board meetings. I'm upset because you and the rest of the league are attempting to drag our names in the mud on the cool, were not criminals and i'm getting tired of this board and the league attempting to paint that picture. I've been quiet because of my son, so if yall want to play hard ball we can!! so lets stop throwing jabs at the two coaches in question here and i will be just fine. You know who i am so lets stop acting like WOS has such great coaching and your the spokes person for how its done. You know how to get in touch with me!!!

Dude I am not even talking about you or anybody else besides me and our coaching staff. Real talk if you feel that way then dang bro you are reading my response to Marie way wrong She challenged my response when I said that me not allowing someone to score was disrespectful. I am not trying to drag your name through the mud and no its not cool. I have no idea who the hell you are but if you wanna chat we can. If you think I am against bmt then you may want to ask the 2 coaches you are speaking of about our personal conversation before the game. Yes I was there and yes I spoke with them and the other coaches on their team as well as joined their fans in the stands. Rivers is my friend and I have nothing bad to say about him or anyone else. My response is about my game against BC this week not anything to drag your name whoever you are or anyone elses in the mud. I don't roll like that. Never have and never will. What happened has happened so now do what you do best and turn it around. I am here to be positive toward Bmt not negative. You got my response all jacked up. She questioned my reason for swapping kids on offense, because the other day we let everyone have a chance at that moment of greatness that every kid wants and that is to run the ball. Then she asked so why didnt I let them score and because I didnt let them score what kind of learning was that. Well Marie obviously has no clue as to how the game goes. Then again if you feel like that then hey more power to you I have nothing to run from or tuck tale. I have nothing but respect for bmt, I was only talking abot our game against bc and how marques runs our ship. If you took it wrong then you didnt get what I was trying to say!

Icewater - I'm sure that Jag means you no disrespect. All us BMT folks are on edge!!!! Every move we make is put under a microscope and we have no recourse.

Our coaches aren't allowed to see evidence being used against them much less defend themselves. Their appeal (with evidence) wasn't even looked at - just denied 1 min after it was received.

I hate that you are in this situation and I stand behind you unlike some! I respect you and your team just like everyone else and just to let you know that I still believe in you and I know the talent you have as coaches and as players! Turn it around and Go get em!

Trust me no one is crying! We are very mad and fed up. We've never cried or whined about a real loss! Go look at our posts after our loss to PNG Saturday night.

This is about a personal witch hunt!