NEWTON 7 TATUM 39 Final

WOSgrad

Kirbyville would not hang with Tatum

Why come they cant?? Newton not good hell Kirbyville totally dominated Newton in that scrimmage. And from what I saw they're not very good this year. Tatum would have their hands full playing Kirbyville. Newton gonna have a long season with those 21 seniors. Next year they really gonna got problems...smh

Why come they cant?? Newton not good hell Kirbyville totally dominated Newton in that scrimmage. And from what I saw they're not very good this year. Tatum would have their hands full playing Kirbyville. Newton gonna have a long season with those 21 seniors. Next year they really gonna got problems...smh

why come they cant?

Maybe Tatum was just that good.........Kville folks need to keep their mouths shut and see who goes further in the playoffs.......Newton will be fine in disrict.......Newton has set their predistrict schedule for a reason.....to get ready for district.  I promise you Kvilles predistrict schedule isn't as tough as Newton's.  People do not realize that Newton may have 21 seniors but  also have several sophmores playing and starting on varsity as well.  Next year they will be fine also.....What do you think Newton should do?  Play Sabine Pass and Burkeville in nondistrict??????????

Bro y'all picked the wrong year to be scheduling these teams. Now I do agree y'all schedule have WOS and Tatum but if y'all was scheduled to play us that would be another loss for yall. I understand y'all playing tough teams to get better, but y'all don't have that kind of talent anymore at least from what I saw. You can't tell me next season when those 21 seniors are gone Newton gonna be a force to be reckoned with. Y'all will compete in that easy district minus Corrigan but cmon man. Y'all looking like Kirbyville was looking when we lost a ton of talent to graduation a few years ago. But anyway good luck.

Awww cmon GATA!! I never said that. I just know Newton ain't looking like the teams in the past. If we stay healthy I say Kirbyville will be fine...let's leave it at that

Ok I have to say something.

1. Kirbyville would get smoked by Tatum. You guys may be a "power" around here...but to think you're on that level is a joke.

2. Yeah I do think Kville will be fine. I personally think y'all get 1 or 2 in district. My gut says between y'all and Buna...but I do think there will be some surprises.

But...asking for Tatum? You better be excited they went up. And you better be excited White Oak went reg 2. Having said that, I still think round 3 is end of the road. That may seem good to some people...but I'm smart enough that that's about the time you meet somebody from a different area. SETX is a different kind of football. Not in a good way. The only setx team that goes deep this year is WOS. And that's only because that joke of a region. Thanks uil.

Ok I have to say something.

1. Kirbyville would get smoked by Tatum. You guys may be a "power" around here...but to think you're on that level is a joke.

2. Yeah I do think Kville will be fine. I personally think y'all get 1 or 2 in district. My gut says between y'all and Buna...but I do think there will be some surprises.

But...asking for Tatum? You better be excited they went up. And you better be excited White Oak went reg 2. Having said that, I still think round 3 is end of the road. That may seem good to some people...but I'm smart enough that that's about the time you meet somebody from a different area. SETX is a different kind of football. Not in a good way. The only setx team that goes deep this year is WOS. And that's only because that joke of a region. Thanks uil.

I agree......and even in a down year.....Newton still wins atleast 8 games a year.

Fun fact...I don't believe tatum's starting QB played this game. I reckon eagleborn can confirm or deny but JD Taylor is normally the starting QB for Tatum.

Yea. The back up played. QB1 hasn't took a snap since 6th play of first scrimmage. He would if played this coming week if we had a game.

I wouldn't say the back up is just as good. Back up reads the option better but starter is faster and has a better arm.

The backup is needed more on defense.