Video analysis of last scrimmages

Horrible analysis.
Avi your a moron. Morse had 11 incompletions. 3 drops by McZeal , 1 drop by Giblin, 1 drop by Sullivan all on well thrown balls and he threw one ball away out of bounds (smart) and one away over the middle to avoid a sack (should've been a penalty for grounding). So he threw 4 incomplete passes out of the 22. Yeah he was horrible????
Also WB did not sub in a lot of second teamers. They did use the backup QB and the other two RBs, but that O Line played the whole game as did the D Line. On the flip side PNG was playing there #2 and 3 RB from the jump and subbed all game on the O Line (#58 and #52 started and #77 and #62 saw significant time in reserve at the OG spots) also rotated at DB all night with #2, 23 and 3.
You said PNG started game then got worse. WTF?????
WB scores on opening drive...PNG fumbles on first play from scrimmage and WB scores a few plays later to go up 14-0. Then PNG outscores WB 28-7 the next two and a half quarters.
What scrimmage did you attend??? Typical crap BE sports journalism.

Horrible analysis.
Avi your a moron. Morse had 11 incompletions. 3 drops by McZeal , 1 drop by Giblin, 1 drop by Sullivan all on well thrown balls and he threw one ball away out of bounds (smart) and one away over the middle to avoid a sack (should've been a penalty for grounding). So he threw 4 incomplete passes out of the 22. Yeah he was horrible????
Also WB did not sub in a lot of second teamers. They did use the backup QB and the other two RBs, but that O Line played the whole game as did the D Line. On the flip side PNG was playing there #2 and 3 RB from the jump and subbed all game on the O Line (#58 and #52 started and #77 and #62 saw significant time in reserve at the OG spots) also rotated at DB all night with #2, 23 and 3.
WB scores on opening drive...PNG fumbles on first play from scrimmage and WB scores a few plays later to go up 14-0. Then PNG outscores WB 28-7 the next two and a half quarters.

Sh&t just got real!!!

Horrible analysis.

lol, thanks for watching the video.

Honestly WB didn't play starters at all and when they did play those wr was unstoppable and made it look easy. Now don't get it twisted PNG offense wasn't no joke either,but when playing with a qb that put the ball right in your hands you got to catch it. Rather you playing 1st or 2nd stream.Glad my boys got a chance to watch and analyze them a lil.

Berry. The BE sports dept has been a joke for years when it comes to local HS sports. At least you guys are now actually covering HS sports.
Yeoj. WB made other subs, but they didnt run out a first team and then a second team as Avi implied. They made a lot of subs as did PNG. Only difference was PNG did not sub the QB, but for good reason. Our backup played most of the last scrimmage since Morse had back spasms and he's last years starter. Morse needed the reps.
WB offense looked good. Big line, good QB, big WR and a couple nice backs. Defense is gonna struggle against any team with a good passing attack.

Berry. The BE sports dept has been a joke for years when it comes to local HS sports. At least you guys are now actually covering HS sports.

So it's been a joke for years when it comes to local HS sports, but at least we're covering HS sports? Doesn't make much sense to me. But everybody's entitled to their opinion. Don't forget to pick up our preview issue tomorrow, it'll be good.

Honestly WB didn't play starters at all and when they did play those wr was unstoppable and made it look easy. Now don't get it twisted PNG offense wasn't no joke either,but when playing with a qb that put the ball right in your hands you got to catch it. Rather you playing 1st or 2nd stream.Glad my boys got a chance to watch and analyze them a lil.

. Mayfield they did play their starters but made substitutions throughout the game

So it's been a joke for years when it comes to local HS sports, but at least we're covering HS sports? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Makes perfect sense if you've been here in SETX the last ten years. BE for several years just used the national sports stories off the AP wire and every now and then sent out some writer that wrote for the fashion section to write a story about some local HS sport. It was pathetic. While I don't think Avi actually saw the same "practice" I saw at the Butch at least the BE sent someone to cover it. It's a start.

Makes perfect sense if you've been here in SETX the last ten years. BE for several years just used the national sports stories off the AP wire and every now and then sent out some writer that wrote for the fashion section to write a story about some local HS sport. It was pathetic. While I don't think Avi actually saw the same "practice" I saw at the Butch at least the BE sent someone to cover it. It's a start.

I know sports writers that worked here in the later 2000s and early in this decade and I've looked up plenty of articles from our archives that covered high schools in the area. And that last sentence is implying that we don't cover events in the area, which would be wrong. If you don't like how we cover stuff, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but if you want to come check papers for the past few years you'd probably find that it's more than, "a start" that we covered a scrimmage.

I am a bit confused about what was said about Morse. I shot the entire game. 5 drops, 1 ball thrown out of bounds on a scramble and another that he should've been sacked or called for grounding. I looked again and didn't see many underthrown balls. WB did sub in the 2nd quarter trying to get another QB experience and it showed. On the other hand Cropper fumbled the first handoff of the game before settling down. Holes were being made and I believe Halfin could've broken at least a couple if he played. West Brook as usual has a solid receiving unit and Essex was on. What the Bruins lacked when the backup QB was in they made up with the running game. Also I'll never understand pass interference being called in the end zone when the ball in uncatchable 5-10 yards out of bounds. It's just a scrimmage. Both teams got what they needed out of it. West Brook faced a solid passing attack that they'll see in the 6A ranks during the playoffs. And PNG got great experience for their line against a bigger opponent for the second week in a row.

AAW you know if the purple clad had underperformed I'd of called 'em out. I am an Indian fan, but not a homer. Morse impressed the hell outta me Friday. He had great presence in the pocket, moves away from pressure while still looking up field and throws a nice ball, even on the run. Seems like he is maturing as a QB nicely.
I'm with Ash. Just seemed like a poor assesment from a sports journalist. And thats my opinion. I know several others that were there that have a similar opinion.

AAW you know if the purple clad had underperformed I'd of called 'em out. I am an Indian fan, but not a homer. Morse impressed the hell outta me Friday. He had great presence in the pocket, moves away from pressure while still looking up field and throws a nice ball, even on the run. Seems like he is maturing as a QB nicely.
I'm with Ash. Just seemed like a poor assesment from a sports journalist. And thats my opinion. I know several others that were there that have a similar opinion.

I am hearing ya. Ash with his video footage pretty much convinced me.

From the surface, an 11-22 passing does lead one to believe Morse was a little off. But stats can be misleading.

I would like to hear from Avi on this topic. Maybe he has had time to rethink his assessment. ;)