How bout some middle school football

I've been in the oven all summer lifting weights with my little cub, a.k.a the garage with no fan or a.c. Hopefully when I pull him out for the fall he's ready to eat. I'm tired of hearing about what he wants to do to Dayton after they got it put on them last year. He's coming back over an inch taller came almost 15lbs heavier so hopefully the work pays off in the now 3 rivalry games we have.

I know that the WOS 7th grade moving up to 8th grade this year will be one to look out for.  My son has now moved onto High School so I will be looking here for updates on how the Stallions did.

Cougar: Trust me when I say that the size of the kid does not matter.  My poor little skinny kid had coaches and players looking at him and I actually heard them say he's nothing; he's too skinny.  Then the game started and they were on their backs or flying through the air when that skinny kid tore into them.  Good luck!

I know that the WOS 7th grade moving up to 8th grade this year will be one to look out for.  My son has now moved onto High School so I will be looking here for updates on how the Stallions did.

Cougar: Trust me when I say that the size of the kid does not matter.  My poor little skinny kid had coaches and players looking at him and I actually heard them say he's nothing; he's too skinny.  Then the game started and they were on their backs or flying through the air when that skinny kid tore into them.  Good luck!

If your competition sucks then you're right, size doesn't matter. When North Shore and Dayton are on your schedule it matters a lot. A 5-10 175 lb kid is going to get the nod over 5-5 125lb kid ALL day long if athleticism is equal. That's just the way it is, middle school and beyond. Do you need to be big? Of course not but when you play schools with 400-500 kids in a single grade you won't see much of that small guy throwing big guy around otherwise that kid is probably on the B team.